Are events worth it?

• Please log in to reply

20 September 2018 - 10:39 PM

B03

Trainer

• B03

For 8 tickets I get 1 ticket or 25 coins. I don't really see a benefit from it but who knows. Is there like some way to get 8 tickets worth from it or what?

20 September 2018 - 11:06 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
I dunno. Maybe try winning rounds?

Friendship is magic!

20 September 2018 - 11:22 PM

B03

Trainer

• B03

I dunno. Maybe try winning rounds?

Bold of you to assume that I don't try. I try but I might be able to win on match per 4 events if I am super lucky. My decks tend to give me all pokemon and no energy or all energy and no pokemon. Which means it is really hard to beat someone who's deck will just give them exactly what they want when they want it.

21 September 2018 - 12:06 AM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

Bold of you to assume that I don't try. I try but I might be able to win on match per 4 events if I am super lucky. My decks tend to give me all pokemon and no energy or all energy and no pokemon. Which means it is really hard to beat someone who's deck will just give them exactly what they want when they want it.

which format are you playing? if not theme then id suggest theme till you get cards to make a decent standard or expanded deck.

21 September 2018 - 12:11 AM

B03

Trainer

• B03

which format are you playing? if not theme then id suggest theme till you get cards to make a decent standard or expanded deck.

I play standard. I also have no idea what packs the decent cards are in.

21 September 2018 - 12:22 AM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

I play standard. I also have no idea what packs the decent cards are in.

thats your problem, alot of the event players will have fully optimized decks or near to it.  events dont take your skill level into consideration like the vs ladder, so you will most likely be match up against some of the better players ingame.

i would suggest playing theme for now and get guardians rising packs till you get a lele, thats a card thats in alot of meta standard decks.

21 September 2018 - 12:37 AM

B03

Trainer

• B03

thats your problem, alot of the event players will have fully optimized decks or near to it.  events dont take your skill level into consideration like the vs ladder, so you will most likely be match up against some of the better players ingame.

i would suggest playing theme for now and get guardians rising packs till you get a lele, thats a card thats in alot of meta standard decks.

Hold up. There is a ladder for skill? I have yet to see it in action. Ever since I started playing I have been up against people with really good decks. Unless it does not take forfeiting into account since I will auto forfeit if I go up against a garchomp deck or during a battle and I know I have no way of winning

21 September 2018 - 01:04 AM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

yup the vs ladder takes wins and loss into consideration, so you get matched up against players for your skill level.

21 September 2018 - 02:05 AM

B03

Trainer

• B03

yup the vs ladder takes wins and loss into consideration, so you get matched up against players for your skill level.

Dang. You would think that since I am losing like 80-90% of battles that I would hit a point where I versus people at my level.

21 September 2018 - 03:51 AM

ufa007

Rookie Trainer

• ufa007

nice post

Edited by ufa007, 21 September 2018 - 03:52 AM.

21 September 2018 - 04:23 AM

B03

Trainer

• B03

This is my most recent deck and so far it sucks.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Alolan Diglett UPR 78
* 1 Jirachi {*} CES 97
* 1 Solgaleo {*} UPR 89
* 2 Alolan Dugtrio UPR 79
* 1 Solgaleo GRI 87
* 1 Solgaleo-GX SUM 89
* 2 Cosmog SUM 64
* 1 Cosmoem UPR 61

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Ilima SUM 121
* 1 Lusamine CIN 96
* 1 Mars UPR 128
* 1 Altar of the Sunne GRI 118
* 1 Lady FLI 109
* 1 Pokémon Breeder SLG 73
* 1 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Team Skull Grunt SUM 133
* 2 Metal Frying Pan FLI 112
* 1 Life Herb CES 136
* 1 Energy Retrieval SLG 59
* 1 Mt. Coronet UPR 130
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 1 Fisherman CES 130
* 1 Gladion CIN 95
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 1 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Poké Ball KSS 35
* 1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 1 Last Chance Potion CES 135
* 2 Switch ROS 91
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 148
* 2 Hau SLG 61
* 1 Potion BKP 106
* 1 Rare Candy CES 142
* 1 Great Ball SUM 119

##Energy - 16

* 2 Double Colorless Energy GRI 166
* 14 Metal Energy  8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

21 September 2018 - 10:25 AM

Harion

Senior Trainer

• Harion

Have you tried theme? You can't complain that you don't have the same cards others have there.

I built my current collection farming in theme.

Also, your deck sucks. Too many one-offs to have any consistency. You have too many energy and your pokemons aren't synergized. It would be easier to advise you if I know what you have in your collection.

21 September 2018 - 03:27 PM

B03

Trainer

• B03

Have you tried theme? You can't complain that you don't have the same cards others have there.

I built my current collection farming in theme.

Also, your deck sucks. Too many one-offs to have any consistency. You have too many energy and your pokemons aren't synergized. It would be easier to advise you if I know what you have in your collection.

A lot of my decks have only one of a pokemon because i have just one and i thought that this deck would work well since I had 1 solgaleo that would discard its energy when it attacked than I could use its ability to switch into that other that would just put htat energy right back onto it the next turn and repeat. The reason I have a lot of energy is because the alolan dugtrio can only do damage if I can discard energy from my hand and also because I only have like one card that can search my deck for energy ever since the letter card was banned from standard. As for my collection, I have no idea on how to tell you without having to look at each card and making a huge list of it. If there is an easier way that would be nice to know.

21 September 2018 - 04:42 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

A lot of my decks have only one of a pokemon because i have just one and i thought that this deck would work well since I had 1 solgaleo that would discard its energy when it attacked than I could use its ability to switch into that other that would just put htat energy right back onto it the next turn and repeat. The reason I have a lot of energy is because the alolan dugtrio can only do damage if I can discard energy from my hand and also because I only have like one card that can search my deck for energy ever since the letter card was banned from standard. As for my collection, I have no idea on how to tell you without having to look at each card and making a huge list of it. If there is an easier way that would be nice to know.

Alolan Dugtrio is a viable strategy. Get more. Get more cards that pull energy out of your discard and deck as well. With that part working, you won't need Solgaleo-GX's attack.

But yes, to get the cards, use your tickets to enter Theme events using Imperial Command, Mach Strike, or another of the most recent Theme decks.

As far as the question of events being worth entering? As long as you aren't buying the tickets with money they are, as there is no other use for those tickets.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

22 September 2018 - 06:31 AM

Harion

Senior Trainer

• Harion
Solgaleo and Dugtrio don't work well together. Choose one and focus on that one. Then choose other pokemon that support your main pokemon. Then choose trainers that support your main pokemon. Looking at your deck, your Trainers are all over the place. Look at this sample Alolan Dugtrio deck list:

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Oranguru
* 3 Cutiefly
* 3 Ribombee
* 4 Alolan Diglett
* 4 Alolan Dugtrio
* 2 Alolan Vulpix

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Lady
* 3 Rescue Stretcher
* 3 Ultra Ball
* 2 Timer ****
*** Judge
* 3 Mt. Coronet
* 2 Nest Ball
* 4 Cynthia
* 2 Field Blower
* 2 Guzma
* 1 Shauna
* 3 Energy Recycler
* 2 Energy Retrieval

##Energy - 12
* 12 Metal Energy Energy

This is a budget deck with most of the cards easy to get.

Edited by Harion, 22 September 2018 - 06:33 AM.

22 September 2018 - 12:31 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Solgaleo and Dugtrio don't work well together. Choose one and focus on that one. Then choose other pokemon that support your main pokemon. Then choose trainers that support your main pokemon. Looking at your deck, your Trainers are all over the place. Look at this sample Alolan Dugtrio deck list:

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Oranguru
* 3 Cutiefly
* 3 Ribombee
* 4 Alolan Diglett
* 4 Alolan Dugtrio
* 2 Alolan Vulpix

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Lady
* 3 Rescue Stretcher
* 3 Ultra Ball
* 2 Timer ****
*** Judge
* 3 Mt. Coronet
* 2 Nest Ball
* 4 Cynthia
* 2 Field Blower
* 2 Guzma
* 1 Shauna
* 3 Energy Recycler
* 2 Energy Retrieval

##Energy - 12
* 12 Metal Energy Energy

This is a budget deck with most of the cards easy to get.

Censored: The word "Ball" and the number "3." Just once each though, for some reason. :lol:

Copying a deck list from the game would be better. It would answer questions like:

Oranguru? Is that SUM 113, CRI 48, or UPR 114? (It's not CRI 48.)

Ribombee? BUS 96, right?

A.Dugtrio, being the important part, I'll just say: UPR 79 with Gold Rush, not the other one.

Every Pokemon on the list has multiple cards with different abilities and attacks, and... most of them matter.

If you have it, play Tate & Liza in place of Shauna. You lose nothing, and gain a switch option. Especially since Shauna is Expanded-only.

Spoiler

Edited by SandaledOtter, 22 September 2018 - 01:00 PM.

23 September 2018 - 06:56 PM

B03

Trainer

• B03

My main issue is that I do not have guzma ,timer ball, or cynthia. I am currently trying to get the timer ball and I am not having much luck with it so far.

23 September 2018 - 07:55 PM

BovBoyet

Rookie Trainer

• BovBoyet

I already have nearly all the card i wanted but i still only go on "theme" turnament for the farm. Go themed turnament with exeggutor or empoleon deck and you will have a chance but you must know the turnament meta (you have to learn how work 3 last extention deck in versus mode)

plus: TY for the dugtrio list i will build it asap

Edited by BovBoyet, 23 September 2018 - 07:56 PM.

24 September 2018 - 01:04 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

My main issue is that I do not have guzma ,timer ball, or cynthia. I am currently trying to get the timer ball and I am not having much luck with it so far.

If you can win a match or two in Theme events, you'll get booster packs. There are a lot of those 3 cards out there, so trading packs for them shouldn't be hard.

Further, they are in some of the new theme decks, so buy extras of those in the shop after checking that they have the cards you want.

24 September 2018 - 05:17 AM

B03

Trainer

• B03

If you can win a match or two in Theme events, you'll get booster packs. There are a lot of those 3 cards out there, so trading packs for them shouldn't be hard.

Further, they are in some of the new theme decks, so buy extras of those in the shop after checking that they have the cards you want.

I have been buying the packs that are supposed to have the timer balls and after about 7 or 8 i have none. I hate my luck