[Idea] New VS Ladder Reward Options

• Please log in to reply

19 September 2018 - 09:26 PM

OU7C4ST

Senior Trainer

• OU7C4ST

Hi there!

After seeing some other Trainers discuss their dissatisfaction of the newest VS Rewards Ladder, I took a moment to think what could truly make the majority of people happy if given the opportunity that the Devs. would be willing to restructure the system.

I propose when the Versus Ladder Rewards rotate, that players are given the option to choose between 1 of 4 available VS Ladders to climb. Whatever they choose, they are stuck with for the duration of that rewards cycle.

The 4 options that players would be able to choose from is Theme, Standard, Expanded, & Legacy. The rewards that each ladder offers will coincide with that format.

An additional proposal to this idea is that whatever ladder the player chooses, they can only obtain points to climb that ladder by having to play in that specific format.

While this additional proposal may or may not be popular with other users, I feel it might bring more of an active player-base to each format. Let's face it.. Legacy is absolutely dead in terms of players competing in it compared to the other formats. This might be the change needed to bring some extra life to it.

Thanks for hearing me out! <3

OU7C4ST - /r/ptcgo Head Moderator
Twitch's #1 PTCGO Streamer
Founder of OU7C4ST's Card Value Guide

Check out my YT for Deck Reviews, & More!

19 September 2018 - 10:19 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_
No offence mate, but this idea has literally been brought up a dozen times (arguably every time someone was dissatisfied with the current reward ladder).

I don't want to go into detail regarding the topic as everything has already been said in the past, however I want to address something else:

Due to the rather questionable forum rules of being unable to post in threads that have been idle for some time, toppled with the mods unwillingness to merge popular topics into one thread, we are stuck with seeing the same topics pop up on a frequent basis. The reward ladder, Theme deck mode, Pokemon GX / EX and a non-GX/EX mode, locked cards and what to do with them, those and many other topics have been discussed o death. However, as a new player it's fairly difficult to access the entire discussion, as it is fragmented over several threads than can be buried within the archives of the site.
Due to this we've seen a downfall in replies and, which is arguably even more alarming, in the quality of replies, as older users grow tired of repeating the same thing over and over and newer users are bound to leave, due to the inactivity of the forum. The only thread where merging the discussion somehow worked was the “Please don't Can the Chat” thread and lo and behold: 25 pages, a discussion that's spanning through nearly 2 years of Pokemon TCGO history,enough input to satisfy every new user and a piece of history for older users to enjoy ***, there is little joy to be found in that thread, but you get my point).

With that being said: Dear Mods, for the sake of this forum, please start to merge threads and keep a discussion focused on a single point.

A last note to you, dear reader:
I know that you a smart. I know that you know that you are smart. I know that you have great ideas regarding the game. However, that guy over there is also pretty smart and he had some great ideas in the past. The same is true for that other guy, who posted his ideas 2 years ago. In fact, come to think of it, the chances that your brilliant idea was never uttered over the course of the lifetime of this game is pretty slim. Now, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't post your thoughts, after all that's what the forum is for, but before you start a new thread it might be worthwhile to check out the search function on the forum and try to find a thread with a similar premise. Maybe your brilliant idea has already been discussed. Maybe you even find new input and another point of view that you haven't thought about yet.
Let's not spam the forum with billions of identical threads :).

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

19 September 2018 - 10:25 PM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

what, people make dupe threads?

since were on the topic, lets have a constructed format with no ex and gx lol

20 September 2018 - 12:06 AM

Darksoul1234

Novice Trainer

• Darksoul1234

No offence mate, but this idea has literally been brought up a dozen times (arguably every time someone was dissatisfied with the current reward ladder).

I don't want to go into detail regarding the topic as everything has already been said in the past, however I want to address something else:

Due to the rather questionable forum rules of being unable to post in threads that have been idle for some time, toppled with the mods unwillingness to merge popular topics into one thread, we are stuck with seeing the same topics pop up on a frequent basis. The reward ladder, Theme deck mode, Pokemon GX / EX and a non-GX/EX mode, locked cards and what to do with them, those and many other topics have been discussed o death. However, as a new player it's fairly difficult to access the entire discussion, as it is fragmented over several threads than can be buried within the archives of the site.
Due to this we've seen a downfall in replies and, which is arguably even more alarming, in the quality of replies, as older users grow tired of repeating the same thing over and over and newer users are bound to leave, due to the inactivity of the forum. The only thread where merging the discussion somehow worked was the “Please don't Can the Chat” thread and lo and behold: 25 pages, a discussion that's spanning through nearly 2 years of Pokemon TCGO history,enough input to satisfy every new user and a piece of history for older users to enjoy ***, there is little joy to be found in that thread, but you get my point).

With that being said: Dear Mods, for the sake of this forum, please start to merge threads and keep a discussion focused on a single point.

A last note to you, dear reader:
I know that you a smart. I know that you know that you are smart. I know that you have great ideas regarding the game. However, that guy over there is also pretty smart and he had some great ideas in the past. The same is true for that other guy, who posted his ideas 2 years ago. In fact, come to think of it, the chances that your brilliant idea was never uttered over the course of the lifetime of this game is pretty slim. Now, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't post your thoughts, after all that's what the forum is for, but before you start a new thread it might be worthwhile to check out the search function on the forum and try to find a thread with a similar premise. Maybe your brilliant idea has already been discussed. Maybe you even find new input and another point of view that you haven't thought about yet.

Too much time being spent just get 1 VS Reward because the game already been infected with Buzzlewole and Zoaraks toxic-gameplay strategies.. 

Does not matter VS Ladder reward options picked if plan was inserted.

and we got so little players online than few months ago.

This is actually lowest player count of many many years like Beta.

Edited by Darksoul1234, 20 September 2018 - 12:56 AM.

Pokemon TCGO Veteran 

20 September 2018 - 03:20 AM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

This is actually lowest player count of many many years like Beta.

where are you getting your stats from, cause back in april (pre legacy event removal) the player count was 140k and last month its 150k

im getting mine from leaderboards, which tracks players who played at least 1 game win or lose.

its been constant around this range, you can even cache it if you want.

heck even 2 months hit 160k.

21 September 2018 - 12:38 AM

Darksoul1234

Novice Trainer

• Darksoul1234

where are you getting your stats from, cause back in april (pre legacy event removal) the player count was 140k and last month its 150k

im getting mine from leaderboards, which tracks players who played at least 1 game win or lose.

its been constant around this range, you can even cache it if you want.

heck even 2 months hit 160k.

No is not, it clearly way lowest as before like Beta-low player count. Game altering bugs took way too long to fix, the longest i have seen,.

Why is it we keep running in the same person over and over and over again that`s because the player count way too low just like beta. Take x3 longer than last year to find person to fight.

and we got players running into same toxic cheaters strategies with Zoroark GX or Buzzwole (which was unfairly powered by the recent card bans) that also caused even more players leave.

That why any winners rewards suggestions should be put on hold until game balances out.

Edited by Darksoul1234, 21 September 2018 - 01:06 AM.

Pokemon TCGO Veteran 

21 September 2018 - 01:14 AM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

like i said, where are you getting your stats and info from?  because the information im getting and is right on the website isnt supporting your statement

21 September 2018 - 01:21 AM

Darksoul1234

Novice Trainer

• Darksoul1234

like i said, where are you getting your stats and info from?  because the information im getting and is right on the website isnt supporting your statement

Looking at the amounts of page numbers on Pkm TCGO leaderboards does not support yours, but if you actually play the game you see the constant longer matchmaking due to low population. I mean 9 month to 12 month ago was x3 faster.

Edited by Darksoul1234, 21 September 2018 - 01:21 AM.

Pokemon TCGO Veteran 

21 September 2018 - 02:41 AM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

Looking at the amounts of page numbers on Pkm TCGO leaderboards does not support yours, but if you actually play the game you see the constant longer matchmaking due to low population. I mean 9 month to 12 month ago was x3 faster.

love it or hate it, mine is from pokemon themselves, youre just making personal statements. 

thats the truth.

21 September 2018 - 02:43 AM

Darksoul1234

Novice Trainer

• Darksoul1234

love it or hate it, mine is from pokemon themselves, youre just making personal statements. 

thats the truth.

well this "post" show your not right at all (invalid statement) anyways, but only people playing the game actually will notice not some assumed page numbers then say your right.

dont why you keep pulling this into a off-topic discussion, but going be mature go back on topic
No Rewards expansion options suggestion should be inserted until game balance out away from cheaters and increase population. Unless they make easier to collect the rewards that okay suggestion.

Edited by Darksoul1234, 21 September 2018 - 03:03 AM.

Pokemon TCGO Veteran 

21 September 2018 - 03:53 AM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

well this "post" show your not right at all (invalid statement) anyways, but only people playing the game actually will notice not some assumed page numbers then say your right.

dont why you keep pulling this into a off-topic discussion, but going be mature go back on topic
No Rewards expansion options suggestion should be inserted until game balance out away from cheaters and increase population. Unless they make easier to collect the rewards that okay suggestion.

i only write facts. all i did was ask where youre getting your info that this game is losing so many players the last few months. the numbers dont show it.  i dont let my personal feelings effect the way i feel about the game / players/ developers.

not once have ive ever gone here and insulted players by calling them cheaters or whatnots.

even if i am the only person here to say this, i will say it cause i fully support the staff on this forum and development team for putting out this great game. if the mods here read this and thinks anything i wrote is inaccurate then they can correct me.

also, this is a subject that i touched on many months ago already.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/51734-vs-ladder-option-suggestion/

feel free to read it.

21 September 2018 - 06:30 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Hello trainers!

Thanks everyone for posting your feedback. I will forward this thread to the development team. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

21 September 2018 - 06:43 AM

picsupes

Junior Trainer

• picsupes

Imo, the new ladder rewards are great. Of course, some people are not happy and they want every one to know, and honestly, it's the same story at the beginning of every ladder cycle. You know that if the next ladder had Leles and FA Cynthia as rewards the reaction would not be dissimilar to when they put Computer Search on the ladder. No matter what the ladder rewards are some faction of the player base (or more precisely, some faction of active forum members) will always be disappointed. At the end of the day, I feel like most people who make posts about their dissatisfaction with ladder rewards don't really know what they want and/or have unrealistic expectations. And then there are those who try to extrapolate all sorts of doomsday scenarios from their own discontentments, seemingly oblivious to logic and the possibility of other minds. Take for example, the bloke above who is convinced that people have stopped playing PTCGO by the droves because of something something Zoroark-Buzzwole, and when confronted with statistics to the contrary chooses to disregard them in favour of his own enhanced perception and intuition. These forums seems to attract an excess of intemperate grouches who come here, cry foul, and then leave forevermore or until the next time they decide someone should know that they are unhappy. All this to say I don't think Ou7c4st's proposed solution to the problem of "you can't please everybody" is viable or desirable, but that is not the point. There are plenty of legitimate concerns and interesting suggestions that have been expressed on these forums, but so has a lot of what amounts to childish tantrums. And there is no reason to try and pacify these periodical outbursts because they are rarely reasonable and will not be quelled by reason.

Unfortunately, it is hard to separate the thoughtful suggestions from the petty quibbles, and none of it seems to bring about any response from the developers other than acknowledgement of receipt, so it all seems to be an exercise in screaming into the void. I sympathize with Felidae's dismay at the sheer volume of repetitive posts about the same old grievances, many of which stem from either a misconception about how TCGs work or a misconception about how PTCGO works. Unfortunately, this will continue to be the main source of content on these forums unless changes are made to the rules regarding posts or perhaps the organization of forum topics etc. I appreciate and respect Felidae and a few others who continue to be active on these forums and are generous with their patience and wisdom, but I imagine it is a thankless chore.

Edited by picsupes, 21 September 2018 - 06:49 AM.

23 September 2018 - 03:44 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Imo, the new ladder rewards are great. Of course, some people are not happy and they want every one to know, and honestly, it's the same story at the beginning of every ladder cycle.

<snip>

Unfortunately, it is hard to separate the thoughtful suggestions from the petty quibbles, and none of it seems to bring about any response from the developers other than acknowledgement of receipt, so it all seems to be an exercise in screaming into the void

This was a very astute picture of what happens -- too often.

As for me, I don't get too excited about the VS Ladder, one way or the other.  I understand that they switch between Standard and Expanded every 3 weeks, but I mainly play it for the Event Tickets.  Everything else is a bonus.  Heck, it's free stuff.  What's not to like?

For a newer player, I would think the current VS Ladder would be fantastic to pick up some Expanded goodies.  Jolteon-EX comes from Generations, a pack that's not sold in the game's Shop.  And the BreakPoint packs include cards like Darkrai-EX, Greninja Break, Trevenant Break, Garbodor, Fighting Fury Belt, and Max Elixir, among others.  It's one of the better packs released in the last couple years.

24 September 2018 - 04:27 PM

OU7C4ST

Senior Trainer

• OU7C4ST

My apologies if this exact type of post has been posted recently.

As I've seen many posts of simply complaining of the current rewards, I was merely suggesting a different structure of rewarding players all-together with possible options, or ideas. I thought this would be enough to separate from the others.

It's good to see Mod_Alder taking the overall thread, and forwarding it to the Developers though. So we all got our thoughts sent up the chain. That's something good. :)

Mods can lock this post if they so choose now.

OU7C4ST - /r/ptcgo Head Moderator
Twitch's #1 PTCGO Streamer
Founder of OU7C4ST's Card Value Guide

Check out my YT for Deck Reviews, & More!