Standard Budget Deck Ideas?

• Please log in to reply

18 September 2018 - 09:46 PM

Shadoe-Delgado

Rookie Trainer

• Shadoe-Delgado

It's been years since I last played so I don't currently have many standard viable cards.

I have enough tokens to get a them deck or two and a couple of packs. 

I would like to build a budget deck that could potentially hold it's own against some of these gnarly GX pokemon. Does anyone know of a good place to start? I figured building a standard deck and winning with it would be the best option for winning more standard packs. 

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

18 September 2018 - 09:48 PM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

your best bet is to get 2 mach strike theme decks and combine them to make the lucario garchomp deck, that deck has enough damage to 1 shot most of the meta gx.

18 September 2018 - 10:40 PM

Shadoe-Delgado

Rookie Trainer

• Shadoe-Delgado

your best bet is to get 2 mach strike theme decks and combine them to make the lucario garchomp deck, that deck has enough damage to 1 shot most of the meta gx.

Thank you! Where can I find the Best Builds for this deck? I just snagged the 2 mach strike decks!

18 September 2018 - 10:43 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
The best builds will usually be on the internet, just type it in. You can also find them in Pokemon tournament results, which can be found on various websites.
Try try again. Never ever quit.

19 September 2018 - 12:51 AM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

i would do somthing like this

4-2-4 gabile gabite garchomp line

3-2 riolu lucario line

1 field blower

4 nestball

2 pal pad

4 rare candy

2 rescue stretcher

3 timer ball

4 ultraball

4 cynthia

2 guzma

1 lillie

2 tate liza or copycat

3 choice band

4 double colorless

8 fighting energy

somthing along that line. the only real card you have to get is choice band and rare candy, otherwise all those other trainers can be found in theme decks. choice band and rare candy are very common trainers and cheap to get if you dont have any.

of course tech it to how you want it, everyone has their own prefernce

19 September 2018 - 01:22 AM

Shadoe-Delgado

Rookie Trainer

• Shadoe-Delgado

i would do somthing like this

4-2-4 gabile gabite garchomp line

3-2 riolu lucario line

1 field blower

4 nestball

2 pal pad

4 rare candy

2 rescue stretcher

3 timer ball

4 ultraball

4 cynthia

2 guzma

1 lillie

2 tate liza or copycat

3 choice band

4 double colorless

8 fighting energy

somthing along that line. the only real card you have to get is choice band and rare candy, otherwise all those other trainers can be found in theme decks. choice band and rare candy are very common trainers and cheap to get if you dont have any.

of course tech it to how you want it, everyone has their own prefernce

This is super helpful, Thank you! Since we're here, where might I find a guzma and liza&tate? 

Are there any life saving cards I should try to trade for?

19 September 2018 - 01:28 AM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

guzma and tate and liza are in leaf charge deck, but you dont have to use those cards, those are just useful cards i thought would make the deck better, if you have other draw supporters you can use them as well, so that way it saves you some coins.

the thing to consider with this deck is, you dont really need lots of draw supporters execpt for beging of game, cause after you set up lucario you can just grab whatever card you want and you mostly will use it to grab cynthia and thats your draw support for turn already

19 September 2018 - 04:36 AM

Shadoe-Delgado

Rookie Trainer

• Shadoe-Delgado

guzma and tate and liza are in leaf charge deck, but you dont have to use those cards, those are just useful cards i thought would make the deck better, if you have other draw supporters you can use them as well, so that way it saves you some coins.

the thing to consider with this deck is, you dont really need lots of draw supporters execpt for beging of game, cause after you set up lucario you can just grab whatever card you want and you mostly will use it to grab cynthia and thats your draw support for turn already

Thank you so much! I appreciate you going so far to help me!  I've been playing with the Mach theme deck most of the day trying to get a feel for it. once I have enough coins I'll be picking up Leaf Charge. I can't wait to see how far this deck will take me.

One last thing, if there was an expansion I should blow my coins on most, which should it be?

19 September 2018 - 12:18 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
Guardians rising
Try try again. Never ever quit.

20 September 2018 - 12:26 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

I'm also a fan of Alolan Dugtrio.  It's HP is abyssmal, but with Mt. Coronet, Ribombee, and energy retreival, it can chain some ridiculous damage.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.