[iOS] Crashing - Frequent crashes after upgrading to iOS 12

• Please log in to reply

08 October 2018 - 12:05 AM

PaulTR17

Rookie Trainer

• PaulTR17
This is becoming a nightmare now, how long do we have to go before a patch is released for us being to play? Please get this resolved ASAP! Having a complete player base unable to play your game must be a huge impact? Is there any reason it hasn’t yet been resolved? At least an update would improve the moral of everyone waiting

08 October 2018 - 12:46 AM

Mudmule

Rookie Trainer

• Mudmule
I am now experiencing crashing in the Trainer Challeneges as well.

This is so frustrating, PLEASE fix it

Update***I have no problems with my iPad Pro only iPad Air 2

Edited by Mudmule, 08 October 2018 - 04:54 AM.

08 October 2018 - 11:24 PM

PaulTR17

Rookie Trainer

• PaulTR17

Update***I have no problems with my iPad Pro only iPad Air 2

Don’t know if this is linked but I also have the iPad Air 2

09 October 2018 - 06:15 PM

MAJOR_RUDY

Rookie Trainer

• MAJOR_RUDY
Also have been experiencing the game crash after about 5 minutes of play on my iPad Air 2 after updating to iOS 12. Contacted support and they sent me here. Now all the support people on here are saying contact support. This is ridiculous. Has been going on for weeks now and still no fix?? About to lose a very active player and supporter of the Pokemon company.

10 October 2018 - 12:34 AM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

Trainers,

The development team is aware of the issue with crashing on iOS 12. They are working on a fix at the moment which should hopefully roll out by the next update. I know many of you are anxious to get back into the game and have a smooth experience. We appreciate your patience!

Moderator RedDragon
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

12 October 2018 - 01:46 AM

nana000

Rookie Trainer

• nana000
Lots of crashes today after ios 12.0.1 iPad pro...frustrating

12 October 2018 - 10:54 AM

Graym20

Rookie Trainer

• Graym20

When  am playing a game on my ipad it crashes. this has happened ever since apple updated there system

12 October 2018 - 06:53 PM

Mod_GuruLot

• Mod_GuruLot

When  am playing a game on my ipad it crashes. this has happened ever since apple updated there system

Hello Graym20, 

Thank you for asking. It's a known issue in iPad devices with iOS 12.

If you continue to experience this issue, I would recommend submitting a ticket via the Help Center by clicking the link in my signature. 

I have moved your topic to the Technical Support forum and updated the title of your topic with the correct category.

Hope this helps!

Best, 
Mod_Gurulot

For more help please visit our Help Center to submit a request.

Prior to posting in the forum, please check out the forum rules.

12 October 2018 - 10:55 PM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

Trainers,

The crashing on iOS has been added to the current Known Issues list here

Moderator RedDragon

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

18 October 2018 - 06:19 AM

OrigBitmancer

Novice Trainer

• OrigBitmancer
I have just done what Mudmute did. I have an iPad Air2 running iOS 12.0.1 and the same crashing issues exist. I have only been into two areas, Trainer Challenge and Collection. PTCGO version 2.55.0.3932:#1768 (live)

I am a software engineer and used to instrumenting apps. If needed, I volunteer.
TCG Trainer from original release through Neo 4; then Diamond & Pearl block; now Sun & Moon.

League Leader for Horizon Games (Webster TX), then Skirmish Games (Deer Park TX); pending for Gerard’s Gaming (Webster TX).

19 October 2018 - 08:26 AM

Graym20

Rookie Trainer

• Graym20
Ever since the latest iPad update the game has not worked. It crashes after every few minutes

19 October 2018 - 10:53 AM

Mod_GuruLot

• Mod_GuruLot

Ever since the latest iPad update the game has not worked. It crashes after every few minutes

Hey Graym20!

Thank you for bringing this up. 

I would suggest to get in touch with our support team to submit crash report and if you are still running into issues with the game. You can open a support ticket by clicking the link Help Center in my signature and selecting the "Ask a Question" option after signing in. 

By the way, I have moved your topic to the Technical Support forum and updated the title to be more descriptive. 

Hope that helps!

Best, 
Mod_Gurulot

For more help please visit our Help Center to submit a request.

Prior to posting in the forum, please check out the forum rules.

19 October 2018 - 05:12 PM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

I have just done what Mudmute did. I have an iPad Air2 running iOS 12.0.1 and the same crashing issues exist. I have only been into two areas, Trainer Challenge and Collection. PTCGO version 2.55.0.3932:#1768 (live)

I am a software engineer and used to instrumenting apps. If needed, I volunteer.

Hi OrigBitmancer,

Our team is already aware of this issue and working on a fix. Thank you for your offer!

Moderator Lyam

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

22 October 2018 - 04:41 PM

Brainwave80

Rookie Trainer

• Brainwave80

Hello 

I had found this reported bug a couple of days ago:

Added: The development team is currently investigating reports of frequent client crashes on some iPad models after being updated to iOS 12.

I am one of These Players with an iPad with this Problem. When do you fix it? I cannot Play one single round on the ladder without the game is crashing. And of Course, it is just at the Moment Guzma FA is available on the ladder. It takes already a lot of time to get the 2000 Points, this way just impossible (even if resolved now). 

I write this Topic because there are already enough time passed to resolve this, and not being able to Play one single round without a crash at least at the 3rd turn is extremely frustrating.

Thanks to give that bug high priority.

22 October 2018 - 04:59 PM

Brainwave80

Rookie Trainer

• Brainwave80
Sorry I did Not saw the Topic under Tech Support ...

22 October 2018 - 06:31 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Brainwave80,

I have merged your thread with an existing thread on this issue.

Please note that the development team is investigating this issue, but we do not currently have an estimated date on which the issue will be resolved. I recommend keeping an eye on the Patch Notes & Known Issues forum for the latest news regarding updates and known issues.

Thanks!

Moderator Jynthu
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

24 October 2018 - 02:24 AM

Expensive_Heat

Rookie Trainer

• Expensive_Heat
I am also having the same issue on my IPad. I have deleted and re-downloaded the app and reset my iPad with no luck in resolving the issue. I have submitted a crash report. I believe the issues is with the new IOS update

24 October 2018 - 11:38 AM

nana000

Rookie Trainer

• nana000

Hello Graym20, 

Thank you for asking. It's a known issue in iPad devices with iOS 12.

If you continue to experience this issue, I would recommend submitting a ticket via the Help Center by clicking the link in my signature. 

I have moved your topic to the Technical Support forum and updated the title of your topic with the correct category.

Hope this helps!

This post is late in the thread, are we supposed to open a ticket or wait since it is now a known bug?

25 October 2018 - 04:24 PM

Ubinem

Rookie Trainer

• Ubinem
Same issue here. I bought a new iPad Air 2 because I wanted to play Pokémon TCGO and for my surprise is not working. At first I was able to complete a match but now is not allowing me to edit my deck because it crashes.

29 October 2018 - 03:36 PM

JJames23

Rookie Trainer

• JJames23
Experiencing frequent crashes. Appears to occur only in versus but not in trainer or events.
I am using an iPad Model A1474