[iOS] Crashing - Frequent crashes after upgrading to iOS 12

• Please log in to reply

18 September 2018 - 09:45 PM

onkel_morten

Rookie Trainer

• onkel_morten
After installing the iOS 12 update I’m getting frequent crashes during matches. I’ve had around 5 crashes in 15 matches, and it leads to automatic loss (except for one crash which was in the middle of a tournament game).

18 September 2018 - 11:07 PM

Mod_Turtle

• Mod_Turtle

Hello onkel_morten,

I recommend opening a ticket for this issue. You can find the support portal link in my signature. Please include device information with your ticket. 

Moderator Turtle
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
“Shello, how may I help you today?”

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

19 September 2018 - 10:43 PM

maxxreign

Rookie Trainer

• maxxreign

After installing the iOS 12 update I’m getting frequent crashes during matches. I’ve had around 5 crashes in 15 matches, and it leads to automatic loss (except for one crash which was in the middle of a tournament game).

Since iOS 12, I haven't been able to play 1 game without crashing to desktop (CTD).  I have deleted and re-installed app, and it's still CTD.

19 September 2018 - 10:57 PM

Mod_Turtle

• Mod_Turtle

Since iOS 12, I haven't been able to play 1 game without crashing to desktop (CTD).  I have deleted and re-installed app, and it's still CTD.

If you could, please open a ticket for this and include any device information you can provide. You can find a link to the support portal in my signature.

Moderator Turtle
“Shello, how may I help you today?”

25 September 2018 - 09:01 PM

arbulls

Rookie Trainer

• arbulls
Hi,

So last few weeks the iOS app crashes on me during matches for no reason. There is no particular card/deck/game type that triggers it. But this is affecting my versus results and win streaks. Reinstalling the app doesn’t resolve it either. Can only play one game at most before it crashes. All help appreciated!

Edit: Just to add I have installed iOS 12 and it still has this issue. Version 2.55.0

Edited by arbulls, 25 September 2018 - 09:04 PM.

25 September 2018 - 09:24 PM

HAO8862

Rookie Trainer

• HAO8862
I have the same issue. Please fix it.

26 September 2018 - 12:16 AM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

Hi arbulls,

We recommend that you flush the DNS on your iPad. In order to do so, simply go to your Settings and turn Airplane Mode ON, then power off your device. Wait one minute, then power your device back on and turn Airplane Mode OFF again. Once you've connected to the internet again, try to play the game.

If this does not work, you can also try resetting your network by doing the following: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Thank you!

Moderator Lyam

26 September 2018 - 02:24 AM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

Trainers,

Thank you for letting us know that you are running into a problem. The development team is looking into this particular issue at the moment. 

Moderator RedDragon

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

26 September 2018 - 11:27 AM

arbulls

Rookie Trainer

• arbulls
Thanks @Mod_Lyam, reset iPad and will try now. And apologies for adding to wrong section.

26 September 2018 - 12:38 PM

arbulls

Rookie Trainer

• arbulls
I’ve tried both suggestions and it’s crashed again.

26 September 2018 - 01:53 PM

nana000

Rookie Trainer

• nana000
Since installing Mac os 12 game has crashed randomly while in matches.

26 September 2018 - 02:04 PM

Mod_Gunning

Senior Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Hi arbulls,

As mentioned you can open a ticket for this issue. You can find the support portal link in my signature. Please include device information with your ticket. The development team is looking into this particular issue at the moment so you might need to be a little patient until we are able to resolve the issue. Thanks for your understanding!

26 September 2018 - 02:10 PM

nana000

Rookie Trainer

• nana000
Same issue as others , going to try flushing dns on my iPad now

27 September 2018 - 06:35 AM

reinhath

Rookie Trainer

• reinhath
Looking forward to a fix, I haven’t been able to play at all since updating. Really disappointing considering how much money I spend to buy packs for card codes...

27 September 2018 - 01:03 PM

nana000

Rookie Trainer

• nana000
Did the above mentioned to try to fix, worse now then before.....

02 October 2018 - 02:52 AM

Quindorrian

Novice Trainer

• Quindorrian

After the latest IOS update, when playing the game on my iPad Air, it randomly crashes to desktop for no reason at all.  Never ever did this before.  Game and iPad are running the latest versions.  What gives?  This is a horrible bug as it has cost me matches that I was winning.  Please issue a fix ASAP!

02 October 2018 - 03:23 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

I'm one of those people who never upgrades to a new OS until the kinks are worked out, just for reasons like this.  It's very common for apps to be buggy (even major ones) when a new full version is released.  I know that's not much help, but JSYK, they're aware of the problem.  There's a similar thread in Technical Support, where several other players are having the same issue.  You're not alone.

Edit:  ^^ Not as relevant, and I probably wouldn't have posted.  This was in Bug Reports before the moderator moved it.

Edited by RobRatt, 03 October 2018 - 06:00 AM.

02 October 2018 - 10:29 PM

lilimachini

Rookie Trainer

• lilimachini
App is now unstable unusable on my iPad air 2 running ios12.
When is this going to be fixed! Means I can't play at all

03 October 2018 - 12:10 AM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

After the latest IOS update, when playing the game on my iPad Air, it randomly crashes to desktop for no reason at all.  Never ever did this before.  Game and iPad are running the latest versions.  What gives?  This is a horrible bug as it has cost me matches that I was winning.  Please issue a fix ASAP!

App is now unstable unusable on my iPad air 2 running ios12.
When is this going to be fixed! Means I can't play at all

Trainers,

I have merged your posts into this one. The development team is still investigating this issue. Thank you for your patience!

Moderator RedDragon

03 October 2018 - 02:32 PM

Mudmule

Rookie Trainer

• Mudmule

I too am experiencing the same issues. I have hard rebooted my iPad Air 2, cleared the DNS and reset the Network settings. As of this morning, I'm still having the same crashing issues.

It not only crashes during Versus, but in the Trade screens as well and Deck editing. The ONLY time I haven't experienced crashes is in the Trainer battles (with PC opponents).