[GAME] Shop - Booster pack wrong cards?

Cards Collection Help

• Please log in to reply

16 September 2018 - 09:11 PM

Yambino

Rookie Trainer

• Yambino

I got a booster pack from Sun&Moon Forbidden Light, and I don't know if this is normal but the redeem code gave me almost all different cards compared to what I actually got. Some of the cards matched up (4 of them) which makes me wonder if this was a mistake or if the online code simply gives random cards from the corresponding expansion. Either way, an answer is welcome. The code was TCH-KLPR-RGT-YRJ if necessary.

Client version is 2.55.0.3932:#1755

16 September 2018 - 10:04 PM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Hello there, Im sorry to hear you did not get the cards you expected. I would suggest sending in a ticket to our CS team and describe your issue to them. Please submit a ticket by clicking the link to the support portal in my signature, signing in on the top right side of the page, then selecting the relevant category and clicking Contact Us.

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

16 September 2018 - 10:35 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

The packs are generated at random when you open them, and are never duplicates of the packs the code came from (well, except for Theme decks, of course).

This can actually throw off the rarity of cards a bit, as they are "printed" at random based on rarity rather than there being a set number of each card in existence.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

17 September 2018 - 04:06 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Yambino,

SandaledOtter gave a great response. Redeeming a code card from a physical booster pack will grant a digital booster pack. Physical and digital are both random, so you will very likely receive different cards, though as you experienced, you may also get one or more that are the same. 

If you redeem a theme deck code, you will receive the same cards as the physical theme deck.

Please note that I have updated the title of your post to reflect the format used by this subforum.

Thanks!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cards, Collection, Help