Judge Needs to be nerfed

• Please log in to reply

16 September 2018 - 04:49 AM

fafnitchaos

Novice Trainer

• fafnitchaos

It's too OP for Tapu lele decks that basically Cripples you ON YOUR FIRST TURN. I had to Concede just because the opponent did his setup, uses Judge then ended his turn, leaving me with nothing more then useless supporters(at the time) and item cards in which I could not use..

Make it at least a turn 3 card because if not the games over once that card is played.. Most times there is no recovery.

16 September 2018 - 06:55 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

One bad game isn't much of an indicator.  While you may have a point, or even a reason to be salty for that game, you do realize that Judge has been in the game for about 8-1/2 years now (in Unleashed).  Since it's been reprinted in the XY-era and Sun & Moon sets, it's not likely that the designers in Japan share your opinion.

...IF ONLY he wouldn't have played a Judge on Turn 1...

...IF ONLY I could have top-decked one more Energy...

...IF ONLY he wouldn't have played Guzma on my ???...

Stand outside of a real-life tournament one day, and you can pick up about 100 of these.  It's fun as heck when you're clued into them.

16 September 2018 - 03:48 PM

EpicShonenGuy

Senior Trainer

• EpicShonenGuy

Judge doesn't need to be nerfed there are several cases where my opponent plays it and he/she is the one that ends up being stuck for several turns while i can top deck draw supporters and keep my game flowing.

16 September 2018 - 04:15 PM

xXTheStalkXx

Trainer

• xXTheStalkXx

That's not how the game works... They don't nerf cards, historically they don't change the mechanics, cards just get banned and for that they really need to be a problem, and honestly, at this point, Judge is just a "not so good" disruption card, it can be annoying, sure... But it is nowhere near broken, the card is just fine, you'll lose to it, but sometimes (most of the times? Maybe...) it is not enough, specially in the early game when you still have all you draw supporters still in your deck. . 

Just look at Red Card, it does practically the same and it is an item, never saw very much play.

16 September 2018 - 10:22 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
Wait till you encounter something named Red Card.

Friendship is magic!

16 September 2018 - 10:28 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

I know of one card that got "nerfed."

At one time, Rare Candy allowed the playing of a Stage 1 or Stage 2 from your hand, and didn't say anything about not using it on your first turn or the turn the pokemon comes into play.

The HS Unleashed version of the card in the online game still shows the original text, and catches people who haven't yet learned that the change applies to all copies, regardless of what the text is.

Not that I agree with the OP on Judge. I don't. :)

Edited by SandaledOtter, 16 September 2018 - 10:30 PM.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

17 September 2018 - 12:13 AM

xXTheStalkXx

Trainer

• xXTheStalkXx

I know of one card that got "nerfed."

At one time, Rare Candy allowed the playing of a Stage 1 or Stage 2 from your hand, and didn't say anything about not using it on your first turn or the turn the pokemon comes into play.

The HS Unleashed version of the card in the online game still shows the original text, and catches people who haven't yet learned that the change applies to all copies, regardless of what the text is.

Not that I agree with the OP on Judge. I don't. :)

True, same with Pokémon Catcher... Back in the day it didn't require a coin flip... I stand corrected then, PCi does nerf cards... They won't do it to Judge, tho. 

18 September 2018 - 12:56 PM

The_Real_Bug

Expert Trainer

• The_Real_Bug

It's too OP for Tapu lele decks that basically Cripples you ON YOUR FIRST TURN. I had to Concede just because the opponent did his setup, uses Judge then ended his turn, leaving me with nothing more then useless supporters(at the time) and item cards in which I could not use..

Make it at least a turn 3 card because if not the games over once that card is played.. Most times there is no recovery.

Uninstall.

Don't follow the trends, follow my threads

20 September 2018 - 12:14 AM

fafnitchaos

Novice Trainer

• fafnitchaos

One bad game isn't much of an indicator. While you may have a point, or even a reason to be salty for that game, you do realize that Judge has been in the game for about 8-1/2 years now (in Unleashed). Since it's been reprinted in the XY-era and Sun & Moon sets, it's not likely that the designers in Japan share your opinion.

...IF ONLY he wouldn't have played a Judge on Turn 1...

...IF ONLY I could have top-decked one more Energy...

...IF ONLY he wouldn't have played Guzma on my ???...

Stand outside of a real-life tournament one day, and you can pick up about 100 of these. It's fun as heck when you're clued into them.

I agree that It may have been used before however I'm sure there wasn't a support card like Tapu lele-GX to allow you to ******** your opponents team on turn one for every game you play those two cards. It's easily be used to do nothing but disrupt your opponents deck every time without fail. That itself can make your opponent leave on 1 turn more times then it's balanced.

Every other one of those situations you named can be easily countered and are based on random chance which is basically the game in a nutshell. If you got judge on first turn that's random chance and I probably wouldn't have an issue with it because you couldn't get judge every time on turn one, but with tapu-lele it isn't and needs to be nerfed - or at least make it expanded only.

20 September 2018 - 01:01 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

There's a time to double-down, but is this one of those moments?

No matter what happened in a solitary match (or even a couple), the game and cards are designed in Japan.  Nobody here, including the moderators or staff, can do anything but distribute and play what they're handed.  Since they just went through the entire playset a couple months ago (in July), and banned 4 popular Trainers, we've got to assume that Judge passed the cut.  You'll need to learn Kanji, and appeal to Tokyo, if you think otherwise.

Second, I'm sorry, but Judge really isn't that good (or dangerous) of a card to begin with.  Turn 1 or not, it just doesn't see enough play to warrant a lot of concern.  Tapu Lele has been around for a long time now (May 2017), and if you look at the Top 8 decks from last year's Regionals, Internationals, or Worlds Championship, I'd be very surprised if you find even one Judge.  It's obvious that the players better than you or I don't think Tapu Lele & Judge are broken enough to play, let alone worry about.

Edited by RobRatt, 20 September 2018 - 01:04 AM.

20 September 2018 - 02:45 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi
First of all, why would you want to first turn Judge and risk bricking yourself early game instead of say Lillie for a massive first turn pull or Apricorn Maker for two nest balls as a poor man's Brigette? Judge is too situational to be included in every deck and certainly not many people would even like to use it first turn when they are so focused in setting up their own board rather than be annoying.

20 September 2018 - 04:40 AM

fafnitchaos

Novice Trainer

• fafnitchaos

There's a time to double-down, but is this one of those moments?

No matter what happened in a solitary match (or even a couple), the game and cards are designed in Japan.  Nobody here, including the moderators or staff, can do anything but distribute and play what they're handed.  Since they just went through the entire playset a couple months ago (in July), and banned 4 popular Trainers, we've got to assume that Judge passed the cut.  You'll need to learn Kanji, and appeal to Tokyo, if you think otherwise.

Second, I'm sorry, but Judge really isn't that good (or dangerous) of a card to begin with.  Turn 1 or not, it just doesn't see enough play to warrant a lot of concern.  Tapu Lele has been around for a long time now (May 2017), and if you look at the Top 8 decks from last year's Regionals, Internationals, or Worlds Championship, I'd be very surprised if you find even one Judge.  It's obvious that the players better than you or I don't think Tapu Lele & Judge are broken enough to play, let alone worry about.

It's hard to take you seriously when you just insult somebody for no reason. However trolls will troll.

20 September 2018 - 04:45 AM

fafnitchaos

Novice Trainer

• fafnitchaos

First of all, why would you want to first turn Judge and risk bricking yourself early game instead of say Lillie for a massive first turn pull or Apricorn Maker for two nest balls as a poor man's Brigette? Judge is too situational to be included in every deck and certainly not many people would even like to use it first turn when they are so focused in setting up their own board rather than be annoying.

We'll people have been doing it, and I'm also seeing more play of Judge lately, so there is that. Not at the beginning of the match though, however it is still an option. 

20 September 2018 - 04:47 AM

fafnitchaos

Novice Trainer

• fafnitchaos

I think few people in here forgets that this is the GAME FEEDBACK forum, where you give feed back about the game.. or are they lost... Fun getting insulted doesn't it?

20 September 2018 - 12:11 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

We'll people have been doing it, and I'm also seeing more play of Judge lately, so there is that. Not at the beginning of the match though, however it is still an option.

Yes Judge is played but why would it be a significant problem? Isn't it similar to getting hit by N while you have 4 or less prize cards? And Judge is nowhere as ubiquitous as N once was.

I can guarantee you that pretty much any deck sans maybe annoying stall decks will not first turn Judge unless they are really dumb or have no other draw support in their hand.

I think few people in here forgets that this is the GAME FEEDBACK forum, where you give feed back about the game.. or are they lost... Fun getting insulted doesn't it?

I have not seen any post thay seemed particularly insulting here.....

20 September 2018 - 05:03 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

I agree that It may have been used before however I'm sure there wasn't a support card like Tapu lele-GX to allow you to ******** your opponents team on turn one for every game you play those two cards.

Release of Guardians rising in the West: 5.5.2017

So, both cards are legal in Standard for 16 months now and prior to that there was a little card called Jirachi EX.

Your point being ?

Edited by Felidae_, 22 September 2018 - 11:16 PM.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

20 September 2018 - 09:38 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Bottom line....

They only remove or alter cards when it gives one player an unfair advantage.  And it has to be severe, game-breaking.  As mentioned above (a couple times), Judge can backfire on both players.  There are many cards designed specifically for disruption, and in my view, that can be a good thing.  Imagine if every card, every deck, every game was designed for speed building, with nothing else to consider.  Now that would be tedious, and reason for complaint.

BTW, disagreeing with an idea or concept doesn't make someone a troll.  Let's not make it personal, eh?

Edited by RobRatt, 20 September 2018 - 09:46 PM.

21 September 2018 - 12:42 AM

Darksoul1234

Novice Trainer

• Darksoul1234

Complaint to Pokemon Tcgi Staffs on Customer service

Pokemon TCGO Veteran 

22 September 2018 - 10:57 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Turn 1 or not, it just doesn't see enough play to warrant a lot of concern.  Tapu Lele has been around for a long time now (May 2017), and if you look at the Top 8 decks from last year's Regionals, Internationals, or Worlds Championship, I'd be very surprised if you find even one Judge.

I stand corrected on one point.  Looking at the decks from last weekend's Regionals (Standard, first one of this season), there were several players who fit one Judge into their arsenal of Trainers, although not always with Tapu Lele to find it.  With the limited cards from this year's Standard Rotation, it has become more popular to squeeze one in.  Just guessing, but it looks like it has become a poor man's N (supporter) in the right situation.

They're still NOT going to "nerf" this card though.

Edited by RobRatt, 22 September 2018 - 11:15 PM.

28 September 2018 - 03:35 PM

Otakutron

Senior Trainer

• Otakutron

You don't need Judge nerfed; assuming you have a well built deck, then this was just bad luck, and another reason to see if we can get Best of 3 added to the Ladder.  Though the time limit could stand to be longer for the physical TCG, that is how it works there; lose the first game due to bad luck and you can try to make a comeback in the second and third.

In the Pokémon TCG, shuffling and drawing four is basically "neutral" in and of itself.  That is why forcing your opponent to do it is only worth a Red Card (a Trainer-Item), and forcing it on both players is worth a Supporter (Judge) or Marshadow (Shining Legends 45/73; SM - Black Star Promos SM85).  Yeah, if you didn't know, there is a Pokémon with an Ability that does the same thing as Judge when you Bench said Pokémon from your hand.  Players use it not only to disrupt the opposing player's search but as extra draw power for themselves.

A T1 Judge can hurt, but mostly due to luck-of-the-draw.  Barring mulligans, at worst you're exchanging a six card hand for a four card hand.  You could also dump a dead hand for an awesome hand, even if the awesome hand is smaller.

If you do not have Private Messages enabled, it really limits you in discussing the Pokémon TCG. ;)