Sceptile & Venusaur Deck Idea

• Please log in to reply

15 September 2018 - 10:09 AM

VeryHighVoltage

Rookie Trainer

• VeryHighVoltage

Hello, fellow players!

I'm relatively new to the competetive scene and I want you to let me know how I can improve this deck. I think it would be pretty fun to play. Okay, here it is:

19 Pokemon

3 Treecko
2 Grovyle FRI 4
3 Sceptile
2 Bulbasaur
1 Ivysaur
2 Venusaur
2 Tapu Lele GX
2 Drampa GX (or Tauros GX)

28 Trainers

4 Cynthia
2 Guzma
2 Professor's Letter
2 Apricorn Maker
2 Nest Ball
4 Ultra Ball
3 Forest of Giant Plants/Silent Lab/Shrine of Punishment (I cannot decide, plz help)
4 Rare Candy
2 Choice Band
2 Brigitte
4 Lillie

12 Energy

8 Grass Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

That's it. Please leave your opinions and suggestions below.

Have a nice day,
- Michael

Edited by VeryHighVoltage, 15 September 2018 - 08:31 PM.

15 September 2018 - 01:51 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
Well, first of all, Forest of Giant Plants has been banned. I would use Shrine of Punishment as Silent lab can prevent you from using Tapu Le-Le 's ability. I don't think two Professor's Letters are necessary as you have plenty o draw power and ways to get it. Keep in mind that when you use bridgette and put Pokemon on your bench, it won't work for Lele as it has to be played from you have onto your bench, so maybe a Pokemon Fan Club instead. You sure have a lot of Pokemon also, go might try to cut back on that a little. I would say maybe just 1 Tauros GX for that one part. Other than all of that, decent list.
Try try again. Never ever quit.

15 September 2018 - 08:24 PM

VeryHighVoltage

Rookie Trainer

• VeryHighVoltage

Well, first of all, Forest of Giant Plants has been banned. I would use Shrine of Punishment as Silent lab can prevent you from using Tapu Le-Le 's ability. I don't think two Professor's Letters are necessary as you have plenty o draw power and ways to get it. Keep in mind that when you use bridgette and put Pokemon on your bench, it won't work for Lele as it has to be played from you have onto your bench, so maybe a Pokemon Fan Club instead. You sure have a lot of Pokemon also, go might try to cut back on that a little. I would say maybe just 1 Tauros GX for that one part. Other than all of that, decent list.

Thank you very much! These seem like great ideas! Although I planned to use the Drampa for the early game, and with its GX Attack, it semms great for this. I'll exchange the Brigette for the Fan Clubs. Shrine of Punishment seems like the superior choice, too. Overall, thanks for the advice :)

Edited by VeryHighVoltage, 15 September 2018 - 08:30 PM.

10 November 2018 - 09:56 PM

KommooGX107

Rookie Trainer

• KommooGX107

I'm building this deck, let's see how it goes