[GENERAL] Other - Trainer kit not available in theme format

• Please log in to reply

14 September 2018 - 04:39 AM

Joey4747

Rookie Trainer

• Joey4747

I just bought the alolan sandslash/ninetales trainer kit and redeemed it but can't use it in any theme format or trainer challenges. I have the cards but they are not available in deck format besides me creating the deck again from scratch. Is this intentional or a bug. All other trainer kits I have were available as their own deck.

14 September 2018 - 09:03 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

These decks aren't considered theme decks. They're a pair of half-decks meant to played against each other by beginners. This isn't the first of them.

As far as I can tell, they exist in PTCGOnline just to add cards to your collection, though you could assemble the set into a deck and try to play it in Standard or Expanded.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

14 September 2018 - 10:55 AM

Joey4747

Rookie Trainer

• Joey4747

These decks aren't considered theme decks. They're a pair of half-decks meant to played against each other by beginners. This isn't the first of them.

As far as I can tell, they exist in PTCGOnline just to add cards to your collection, though you could assemble the set into a deck and try to play it in Standard or Expanded.

Yes I am aware they are meant to be played as half decks. It’s just that I bought the latios/ Latias trainer kit and the alolan raichu and lycanroc trainer kit and both are playable in theme format. I just like playing it for a challenge and an extra pack

14 September 2018 - 11:30 AM

graywh

Elite Trainer

• graywh

This is the first one that hasn't been a theme deck.  No explanation has been given as to why.

Forums Rules
  • Stay on Topic
  • Search, then Post
  • Be Constructive
  • Play Nice
  • Be Honest
  • Keep Your Private Life Private
  • Keep Your Links Official
  • Discipline is Private
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

14 September 2018 - 07:54 PM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

I just bought the alolan sandslash/ninetales trainer kit and redeemed it but can't use it in any theme format or trainer challenges. I have the cards but they are not available in deck format besides me creating the deck again from scratch. Is this intentional or a bug. All other trainer kits I have were available as their own deck.

Hey there!

SandaledOtter and graywh are correct. Redeeming the code will give you cards, but you will not grant you a pre-built deck. 

Moderator RedDragon
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

16 September 2018 - 04:16 AM

marinfamily2010

Rookie Trainer

• marinfamily2010

I entered a code for a Sun & Moon Trainer kit (Alolan Sandslash & Alolan Ninetails)

Unlike other trainer kits that automatically populate as a full deck, this one did not.

The individual cars are all part of my collection, but they are not as a pre-made deck. I know I can technically look at each card individually and create a deck but that would take too much time.

Is there a way to have the deck populated without doing it manually?

16 September 2018 - 04:21 AM

marinfamily2010

Rookie Trainer

• marinfamily2010

Wow, I just asked this same question on the forum. I too entered the code for the Alolan Raichu/Lycanroc half decks and they populated as one full deck. I assumed the same would be for the Alolan Sandslash/Ninetails half decks, but it is sadly not the case. Was hoping mine was just a glitch, I guess not.

17 September 2018 - 11:30 PM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

Hi marinfamily2010,

There is no option to automatically populate these cards as a full deck. I will send your message to our dev team as feedback so it can be taken into consideration.

Enjoy the game!

Moderator Lyam
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!