Splash Energy Glitch

Cards PC

• Please log in to reply

13 September 2018 - 03:34 PM

TruexProdigy

Rookie Trainer

• TruexProdigy

Ongoing for about a week, I have had issues with the Splash energy.  I looked everywhere for an explanation and despite what I find online, I DO understand the card.  I know the the Pokemon must be on a water type and will only return to your hand if it is hit by direct damage (not damage counters).  Yesterday this cost me a tournament and today it almost cost me a match.  Wishiwashi used the 220 GX move on my Greninja Break with a Slash Energy on it and nothing was returned to my hand at all.  There was nothing that stopped the energy effect either.  I can't understand why this is the case.  Any explanation would be nice.  I just want to know if I am misunderstanding the card or if this is truly a glitch.  Thanks!

14 September 2018 - 05:43 PM

TPCi_Mathis

TPCi Staff

• TPCi_Mathis

2.55 Known Issues

Cards

• Splash Energy (BKP #113): When a Pokémon with a retaliation effect and Splash Energy attached is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack, the retaliation effect will prevent Splash Energy from returning the Pokémon to its owner's hand.

Are you running anything that creates a retaliation effect on Greninja, like Bursting Balloon or Poison Barb?

Mike Liesik
Pokémon TCG Online Associate Producer
The Pokémon Company International

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cards, PC