best deck to earn tokens fast

• Please log in to reply

12 September 2018 - 07:43 AM

tarif15

Elite Trainer

• tarif15

guys , i really wanna start trading again and get back into the game . but the token cost is really hurting me :( it takes too long to earn tokens in versus with my 3 months old decks i used to play with . so does anyone have any good decks to farm tokens with in vs really fast ? (expanded/legacy preferable since i dont have most of the new standard cards) thank you for helping me out .  -tarif15

12 September 2018 - 07:54 AM

Harion

Trainer

• Harion

farm in theme mode. that's the easiest mode since all of you will have access to the same decks. no one can say they got beat in theme because the other guy has got cards they don't. save up for 500 if you don't have the newest theme decks, then farm there.

12 September 2018 - 07:58 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

It won't do as much for "practice," but if you want to earn Tokens fast, try playing Theme Decks.  The new ones are actually balanced enough to play, and since you know what the other guy has available, they end up being a unique challenge that can be quite fun.  Any of the 6 recent ones will do the trick, but Mach Strike causes others to concede faster (if not prematurely).

I trade a lot too.  But right now, I wish I could get rid of Tokens faster, earned just by playing Theme Decks.  I'm getting weary of buying Pikachu Boxes so I don't hit the 25,000 limit.

12 September 2018 - 08:09 AM

tarif15

Elite Trainer

• tarif15

It won't do as much for "practice," but if you want to earn Tokens fast, try playing Theme Decks.  The new ones are actually balanced enough to play, and since you know what the other guy has available, they end up being a unique challenge that can be quite fun.  Any of the 6 recent ones will do the trick, but Mach Strike causes others to concede faster (if not prematurely).

I trade a lot too.  But right now, I wish I could get rid of Tokens faster, earned just by playing Theme Decks.  I'm getting weary of buying Pikachu Boxes so I don't hit the 25,000 limit.

lucky you brotha ... and here i am sulking about my insignificant 33 tokens which will disappear as soon as i hit the post trade button . i'll try out theme decks . but first i gotta build up 500 tokens for that to happen . 

12 September 2018 - 10:39 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Additionally, look for and complete any Daily "Evolution" Challenges, as at level 16+ you get 60 tokens for them, win or lose. It isn't much, but if you build a deck for it, you can complete it in a single game. Just do them right after a loss so they don't break any streak you might be on.

I'm in no danger of going over 25,000 any time soon, but I tend to have 4-7k, and then I buy packs from the shop for any set I'm very short on. I used to have very few tokens, but at that time I was still working on getting Theme decks. I don't trade enough, mostly because I can't be bothered figuring out what to prioritize unless I need it for a deck.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

15 September 2018 - 04:47 AM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

If you don't care about win/lose records and dignity:

1. Play Theme Deck mode

2. Pick the current “best” Theme Deck / the one that will have the most player rage quitting upon seeing it

3. While searching for a game and on your opponents turn play the Pokemon Puzzle mini game (on the homepage) to earn additional coins

4. Hope that your opponents concedes immediately upon seeing that you are playing “that deck”

5. If they aren't, rush through the first two turns. Got a lead and can win the game in due time ? Go for it. Don't got a lead ? Concede immediately

6. Rinse and repeat.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

18 September 2018 - 12:08 PM

tarif15

Elite Trainer

• tarif15

If you don't care about win/lose records and dignity:

1. Play Theme Deck mode

2. Pick the current “best” Theme Deck / the one that will have the most player rage quitting upon seeing it

3. While searching for a game and on your opponents turn play the Pokemon Puzzle mini game (on the homepage) to earn additional coins

4. Hope that your opponents concedes immediately upon seeing that you are playing “that deck”

5. If they aren't, rush through the first two turns. Got a lead and can win the game in due time ? Go for it. Don't got a lead ? Concede immediately

6. Rinse and repeat.

thanks for the help . i didnt know puzzles still gave tokens :v mach strike currently the best ? also , do the mini games keep giving tokens everytime i play them ? 

Edited by tarif15, 18 September 2018 - 01:05 PM.

18 September 2018 - 04:27 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

There used to be a limit on how much you could earn a day. Though I noticed that I can't find the old Zoroark Puzzle Mini Game, which was the fastest mini game to beat. Guess now you have to paly the sliding puzzle instead.

Mach Strike at least gets the most hate / demands to ban the deck, so I'd imagine it's the best choice when you try to force your opponents to rage quit :D.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

18 September 2018 - 04:36 PM

MewSevenSeven

Senior Trainer

• MewSevenSeven

There are also mini challenges in Pokemon website that can earn you some coins.  They are simple things like visiting the pokedex or choosing a favorite Pokemon

18 September 2018 - 07:32 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

There used to be a limit on how much you could earn a day. Though I noticed that I can't find the old Zoroark Puzzle Mini Game, which was the fastest mini game to beat. Guess now you have to paly the sliding puzzle instead.

Mach Strike at least gets the most hate / demands to ban the deck, so I'd imagine it's the best choice when you try to force your opponents to rage quit :D.

I don't suppose they've fixed the sliding puzzles to actually be 100% solvable, have they?

Well, I can go look, so... nope. Tried Easy after signing in, and it decided I hadn't signed in yet (this is a problem with the site, not the game). Then it credited me after I signed in again and played again. 3 tries on easy got the expected single crediting.

Medium... I played twice, and got unsolvable puzzles twice. These can be proven to be unsolvable, it isn't just someone being bad at them.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

18 September 2018 - 09:39 PM

Shadoe-Delgado

Rookie Trainer

• Shadoe-Delgado

I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping I can earn enough tokens to start getting sun and moon packs. it's been years since I last played, so emerald break rayquaza was my last real deck. I would like to start getting my hands on sun and moon boosters asap!

Would mach strike be the best deck to farm with? I saw someone say they enjoyed tropical take down for it's ability to not rely on the same win engine.  Any and all help is much appreciated!