Better idea for Collection view

• Please log in to reply

12 September 2018 - 05:45 AM

losthadon09

Novice Trainer

• losthadon09

One of the most nostalgic things about trading cards is the 9-pocket pages most of us kept cards in at one point in time.

I feel it would make viewing our online collections not only more awesome to view and collect but easier and faster to manage.

Each Pokemon set we obtain cards for would unlock the album for that set and any cards we had in that set would be inserted in to the respected binders.

Default binder arrangement would be numerical, with parallels following the regular version of any card. Other view options could be added if need be (by power, card rarity, etc.)

Cards can still be maximized individually by right clicking.
Turn the page of your binders to view your cards which allows us to view more cards at once and change trade/want/etc. tabs a lot faster.

Promo cards would have an individual binder, with a placeholder for every promo card released!

Other in game items such as clothing and gear could have their own views.
Perhaps a POG-style container that opens up to show your coins.
Perhaps a trainer locker for the clothing and other gear.

One more thing: I think it would be a great option for us to be able to LOCK any online Pokemon cards we have. This would add the padlock to any card(s) we wanted. This would be a permanent thing with the respective warnings as such. Adds an extra layer to "GOTTA CATCH EM ALL"!! :D

Anyway, thanks for the great game! It makes me smile and it makes me angry, lol!!

12 September 2018 - 10:47 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

One more thing: I think it would be a great option for us to be able to LOCK any online Pokemon cards we have. This would add the padlock to any card(s) we wanted. This would be a permanent thing with the respective warnings as such. Adds an extra layer to "GOTTA CATCH EM ALL"!! :D

No! A user controlled lock, yes, but irreversible? No one would do that if there was a chance they might get more locked copies of the card, and that chance almost always exists.

If you're asking for a more complex and robust collection page, which I whole-heartedly support, adding an extra icon to the card counts becomes a small thing.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

12 September 2018 - 02:32 PM

losthadon09

Novice Trainer

• losthadon09

Fair enough, I agree that locking shouldn't be irreversible.

13 September 2018 - 09:59 PM

Mod_Turtle

• Mod_Turtle

Hello losthadon09,

I think an optional binder view would be awesome! I'll submit this to the development team.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Moderator Turtle
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
“Shello, how may I help you today?”

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

14 October 2018 - 03:00 PM

losthadon09

Novice Trainer

• losthadon09

Hello losthadon09,

I think an optional binder view would be awesome! I'll submit this to the development team.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Any time! Cheers

14 October 2018 - 07:45 PM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

Thank you for sharing your ideas with the community. Enjoy the game!

Moderator Lyam
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

15 October 2018 - 02:06 PM

losthadon09

Novice Trainer

• losthadon09

Thank you for sharing your ideas with the community. Enjoy the game!

Actually finding it harder and harder to enjoy anything aside from collecting the cards.

Any time I play versus mode, doesn't matter if I have the advantage, I get the worst hands dealt to me.

My opponents will have a Stage 2 ready to go within 3 moves and I will be struggling to get a secondary Stage 1 to put on my bench. I get a swamp of energy cards and no pokemon or vice versa.

I know how to play the game and have also played MTG (which is far more advanced) since it was invented.

It was enjoyable to play against others, for a short time.
This game was a great alternative to Solitaire for me, where strategy wins the game.
It's become more of a waste of my time.

When playing in trainer mode, I get adequate hands dealt every single time.
I honestly wish you could replay my last game of versus to see what I am talking about.