What does the ball on the start of the match screen mean?

• Please log in to reply

11 September 2018 - 05:54 AM

HelmerAslaksen

Rookie Trainer

• HelmerAslaksen

At the start of the match I see the player's full body avatar. Some times it says advantage, and some times I see a ball. What does the ball mean? Thanks!

11 September 2018 - 06:02 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

They're the same thing.  It's the "Advantage" ball.  ...simply meaning you have a better win/loss record than your opponent.  It has nothing to do with that specific matchup, or deck choice.

This (glitch/change) started happening about 2-3 weeks ago (or maybe more).  From what I've seen, when I have the Advantage, it says the word.  But many times, if my opponent does, we only see the pokeball (minus the text).  I assumed this was so people's feelings wouldn't get hurt.  Y'know there are a lot of snowflakes who don't take much to start melting.

It might be a bug though?

Edited by RobRatt, 11 September 2018 - 06:10 AM.

11 September 2018 - 06:11 AM

HelmerAslaksen

Rookie Trainer

• HelmerAslaksen

They're the same thing.  It's the "Advantage" ball.  ...simply meaning you have a better win/loss record than your opponent.  It has nothing to do with that specific matchup, or deck choice.

This started happening about 2-3 weeks ago (or maybe more).  From what I've seen, when I have the Advantage, it says the word.  But many times, if my opponent does, we only see the pokeball (minus the text).  I assumed this was so people's feelings wouldn't get hurt.  Y'know there are a lot of snowflakes who don't take much to start melting.

It might be a bug though?

Dear RobRatt,

I see. So sometimes they just show the ball without saying Advantage. Thanks!