This game won't launch.

• Please log in to reply

07 September 2018 - 09:18 PM

bine4674

Rookie Trainer

• bine4674

This game, I've tried everything to make it launch.  Followed just about every guide I could find online, tried watching videos.  Notta.  I am using windows 7 on a republican of gamers laptop.  Each time I dare launch it it gives me the typical crash message  I've tried the unstaill reinstall method, the repair button method even the refresher method, none worked.

Edited by bine4674, 07 September 2018 - 09:23 PM.

07 September 2018 - 09:26 PM

bine4674

Rookie Trainer

• bine4674

Heck, I've even tried to follow this qouteAfter launching the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online it is possible, in rare circumstances, to experience an issue while loading the game. This could include crashing before the game fully loads, hanging at 98% (or similar), and any other error messages resulting in the application closing or stalling.

One possible cause of such issues can be corrupt files in the game installation directory.  The majority of these issues are resolved by uninstalling and then re-installing the game.

Important! During the uninstall process you want to be sure to remove the all associated game files.  Please follow the below steps for a "full" uninstall process:

PC Uninstall

1.     Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.
  2.     Go to the directory where the game was installed. The default directory is C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData.
  3.     The game stores files in the LocalLow and Roaming folders. Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pokémon Company International" folder. Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokémon Trading Card Game Online" folder.
  4.     Empty your Recycle Bin and then restart your computer.
  5.     Please ensure that you also delete all previously downloaded versions of the game. We recommend using a different web browser to download the file again (such as Firefox or Google Chrome). Visit http://pokemon.com/playtcgo todownload the latest game installer.

07 September 2018 - 09:29 PM

bine4674

Rookie Trainer

• bine4674

At this point, I only have the mobile oh wait, TABLET ONLY!  Yeah, only if android phones had this something which could easily be overcome and allow us without computers or tablets to play this game.

07 September 2018 - 09:31 PM

bine4674

Rookie Trainer

• bine4674

And here's the thing, it's such a common problem and what does nintendo and gamefreak do?  Nothing, instead of trying to fix the bug via a patch they just think that the player knows enough about programming and all that so they can do all this theirselfs dispite the age range of the pokemon fanbase.  And the thing is, just about every GAME COMPANY will do this even E.A 

07 September 2018 - 10:36 PM

bine4674

Rookie Trainer

• bine4674

Looks like this fourm for help has basically died off, way to go moderators not helping out a user with their issues like you're supposed to do.

07 September 2018 - 10:43 PM

bine4674

Rookie Trainer

• bine4674

And guess what? I am afraid it has to do with the updates to this game cause when I have the refresher open, it loads like nothing is wrong then gives me a black screen smh

08 September 2018 - 10:04 PM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Hello Bine, Im sorry to hear you are having issues with your game client. Given the persistence of your issue, I would suggest sending a ticket to our support team. You can submit a ticket by clicking the link to the support portal in my signature, signing in on the top right side of the page, then selecting the relevant category and clicking Contact Us.

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

10 September 2018 - 11:02 PM

bine4674

Rookie Trainer

• bine4674

ty alder, I'll pm you if this works

10 September 2018 - 11:04 PM

bine4674

Rookie Trainer

• bine4674

Also, alder I was wondering if it's such a common problem why haven't you guys tried to patch it out in an update?