Dragon Majesty, Pokemon Coins

• Please log in to reply

07 September 2018 - 12:59 PM

CamerooniLL

Rookie Trainer

• CamerooniLL

Will the Dragon Majesty booster packs not be available in the shop? I saved just under 10k of the coins in preparation

07 September 2018 - 01:54 PM

xXTheStalkXx

Trainer

• xXTheStalkXx
Mini sets are never available in the shop, you can only get packs through trade or codes.

That's why you don't find Generations or Shinning Legends packs in the store either.

Edited by xXTheStalkXx, 07 September 2018 - 01:55 PM.

07 September 2018 - 02:03 PM

CamerooniLL

Rookie Trainer

• CamerooniLL

Oh I see.. I'm still pretty new so was a bit unsure about the types of packs.

Don't know what booster packs to spend the coins on then, I'm pretty upset I won't be able to go for some nice Dragonite or Salamence cards  :unsure:

07 September 2018 - 03:09 PM

fafnitchaos

Novice Trainer

• fafnitchaos
Should make them tournament rewards.

07 September 2018 - 04:12 PM

Bob4mAccounting

Rookie Trainer

• Bob4mAccounting

At the very least it would be nice to use Gems to get them

07 September 2018 - 08:35 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Dragon Vault (BW)
Double Crisis (XY)
Generations (XY)
Shining Legends (SM)
Dragon Majesty (SM)

Right or wrong, none of these small subsets have been available in the PTCGO Shop, or the cards in them.  They're promo products in the real world, and don't come packaged in standard booster boxes.

Personally, I understood Generations, being the 20th Anniversary, but I hope this trend of coming out with small 70-80 card sets doesn't continue every year from now on.  Four standard sets (every 3 months) is enough, IMHO.  It's hard to complete these subsets.

18 September 2018 - 01:42 PM

Sciper

Veteran Trainer

• Sciper

Dragon Vault (BW)
Double Crisis (XY)
Generations (XY)
Shining Legends (SM)
Dragon Majesty (SM)

Right or wrong, none of these small subsets have been available in the PTCGO Shop, or the cards in them.  They're promo products in the real world, and don't come packaged in standard booster boxes.

Personally, I understood Generations, being the 20th Anniversary, but I hope this trend of coming out with small 70-80 card sets doesn't continue every year from now on.  Four standard sets (every 3 months) is enough, IMHO.  It's hard to complete these subsets.

ya for reals I too am a card collector on this game and got all sets done minus this mini set and it can be annoying I like to take breaks/restock after finishing a new 3 month between set lol

21 September 2018 - 08:08 PM

Darksoul1234

Novice Trainer

• Darksoul1234

i do not think Side Sets will never become Token Shop, but  mostly give away event but rare

Edited by Darksoul1234, 21 September 2018 - 08:10 PM.

Pokemon TCGO Veteran 

08 October 2018 - 12:37 AM

soldier4remnant

Rookie Trainer

• soldier4remnant

Dragon Vault (BW)
Double Crisis (XY)
Generations (XY)
Shining Legends (SM)
Dragon Majesty (SM)

That's disapointing to hear, so which upsoming set will be added to the shop? I've sorta just got back into pokemon and am not quite up to date on how all this works yet :wacko: 

08 October 2018 - 01:29 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

The next regular set is called Lost Thunder, and will be released November 2nd.  It's a monster too, the largest set they've ever released, with over 210 cards (plus the secret rares).

Typically, there are 4 main sets every year, in February, May, August, and November.

Over the last few years, they've come out with a few "promo only" sets, which is the category that Dragon Majesty falls under.  Initially, it was Dragon Vault and Double Crisis, which were very small subsets that came out in blister packs.  Then in early 2016, it was the 20th Anniversary set, called Generations.  It resembled a regular set, with about 115 cards, but you could only get these booster packs from special promo products.  Apparently, that was a moneymaker for The Pokémon Company, so they have released a couple more.  Shining Legends came out in October 2017, with about 80 cards, and you could only get these boosters in promo products (special boxes, elite trainer box, etc.).  The current set, Dragon Majesty, came out last month, with about 70+ cards, and again, these boosters are only in promo products.  They're still in the process of distribution with Dragon Majesty, and several new promo boxes will be out in the weeks ahead.

Edited by RobRatt, 08 October 2018 - 01:38 AM.

08 October 2018 - 03:24 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Ah man, they're finally bringing down Aquapolis & Skyridge?  Oh well.  It had to happen eventually.  But they'd better at least have it chock-full of good cards- records shouldn't be beaten on filler.

Wait, did he just say they're bringing down Skyridge?

I think so.

We live on Skyridge.

We do?

YES we do, you nincompoop!  We've gotta get out of here!  Pack you bags befo-

(skyridge falls)

CURSE YOUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuu...

(bonk)

Edited by SuperStone, 09 October 2018 - 03:03 AM.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

12 October 2018 - 06:05 AM

grriffinn

Trainer

• grriffinn

The next regular set is called Lost Thunder, and will be released November 2nd.  It's a monster too, the largest set they've ever released, with over 210 cards (plus the secret rares).

Typically, there are 4 main sets every year, in February, May, August, and November.

Over the last few years, they've come out with a few "promo only" sets, which is the category that Dragon Majesty falls under.  Initially, it was Dragon Vault and Double Crisis, which were very small subsets that came out in blister packs.  Then in early 2016, it was the 20th Anniversary set, called Generations.  It resembled a regular set, with about 115 cards, but you could only get these booster packs from special promo products.  Apparently, that was a moneymaker for The Pokémon Company, so they have released a couple more.  Shining Legends came out in October 2017, with about 80 cards, and you could only get these boosters in promo products (special boxes, elite trainer box, etc.).  The current set, Dragon Majesty, came out last month, with about 70+ cards, and again, these boosters are only in promo products.  They're still in the process of distribution with Dragon Majesty, and several new promo boxes will be out in the weeks ahead.

Japan's GX Ultra Shiny set is set to beat that by a wide margin. Said set will have 150 cards and at least a WHOPPING 90 Secret rares, Shiny GXs will have a new rarity (SSR) but one is guaranteed in a box.

Dragon Vault (BW)
Double Crisis (XY)
Generations (XY)
Shining Legends (SM)
Dragon Majesty (SM)

I remember the TCGO staff doing a Double Crisis tournament at some point, but that was years ago.