Card Themes That Need to Return to TCG

• Please log in to reply

05 September 2018 - 03:18 AM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Hey, with the Pokemon TCG being around for 22 years now, wondering if there are any card themes that you would like to see make a comeback sometime in the near future?  Wither on Pokemon 25, earlier or later then it?  I'm not talking about theme decks, or starter decks, but rather, the cards that ran for a certain amount of time.

Like how some cards were around for a whole generation, like how Gen VI had the Megas and Break pokemon, or an individual booster pack, like how Steam Siege had the dual-type pokemon cards, or, I think in Gen II, they had Team Rocket themed card, for example at least.  This is a question for those who have been collecting, or playing the game, for a really longtime, like Gen I, Gen II, or even Gen III.

If I'm wrong anywhere, well, to tell you now, I never really started play the TCG until when Gen V was coming to an end, and Gen VI was about to make it's mark.  I collected a good portion of the Gen I cards, and had to stop at Gen II, because of life, and a big gap in between it and Gen VI, with a small handful in Gen III.  So my knowledge would be really limited, which is why I wouldn't have any idea what I would like to see back, except maybe, try something similar to the Evolution pack, where they give the Base Set cards a bit of a touchup on the moves, but kept everything else.

07 September 2018 - 05:05 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

I always liked the Dark Pokemon from EX Team Rocket Returns. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

07 September 2018 - 06:09 AM

JavierSalvador

Veteran Trainer

• JavierSalvador

Mega Evolution, without the "Turn Ending" clause and the Spirit Link working like an Evo Soda

-1st place Santalune League Challenge-

-1st place Unlimited League Challenge-

-Proud Member of The Former Trading Card League : Gym Leader of" Type Gym."

04 October 2018 - 04:52 AM

Hydreigon42

Rookie Trainer

• Hydreigon42

delta species which is still my fave tcg theme of all time

it was a type of pokemon that had an unusual typing

this was before the diamond and pearl expansion (they never made more delta species :( )

sometimes the type would match the color of the pokemon

examples of actual cards from the set:

-psychic typhlosion

-electric feraligatr

-fire arbok

-water salamence ex

-dark shiny charizard star(rarer than ex)

-dark shiny rayquaza star

i think these would be cool delta species to have with newer pokemon or new types:

-dragon serperior

-dark lunala

-fire solgaleo

-dark nekrozma

-fire celesteela

-fairy blacephalon

-fairy shiny lugia

-electric shiny ho-oh (to go with shiny lugia)

-psychic lucario

-dark mimikyu

-water hydreigon

-grass haxorus

-poison goodra

-dark shiny tapu koko

-fire toucanon

06 October 2018 - 04:19 PM

JimiCobain27

Trainer

• JimiCobain27

Definitely Delta species, there's so much untapped potential there.

Also ACE SPEC cards were pretty sick. 

BREAK cards should have been around longer and didn't get much time to shine at all.

Ancient Traits were pretty cool, but again, they just gave up on the concept and never did anymore.

Oh, and Secret Rares that were just like normal cards, not some over-the-top rainbow and gold shiny fest. They were actually special before, now there's like 50 in every set and the term "secret rare" has lost all meaning.