Pokemon 25: Is There Anything you would like to see make a comeback from Year 1?

• Please log in to reply

02 September 2018 - 09:37 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Hey everyone, even though Pokemon 25 is still about 3 years away, been wondering if there is anything from the first few years, or rather the Gen I years, you would like to see make a comeback in 2021?  To be more specific, what merchandise, what items from the Pokemon franchise as a whole, that you haven't seen for so long, would you like to see again?  Like for example, while pretty sure there are those wishing Kellogg's would bring back the Pokemon cereal, but also, would you like to see somebody bring back, say, the PokeDex toys?

Basically, pick anything, from the video games, to the anime, to just about anything that you enjoyed once upon a time.  And if you like, feel free to share your memories, your emotions, just please try to keep it clean.

As for me, well, would like to see a lot of things make a comeback, like say, with the video games, have them find a way to bring back all the Gen I games somehow.  Like make an exclusive Game Boy remake, or two, where you can play RBY, and with say, a wireless connection, connect it to either the Switch, or recreate the N64, where you can use those Pokemon on a Pokemon Stadium game.  Something for the nostalgia factor.  Wouldn't mind playing Snap and the TCG video game again.

Would also like to see WOTC rerelease the base set cards again, even for one year, along with giving people another shot at the promo cards, like the Mewtwo cards that came out at theaters when The First Movie came out.

Anyway, that's about it for me.  While I can find the first season of the anime anyway online, along with finding the old commercials that came out around that time, like the one with the bus driver, would like to see some more old goodies making a comeback.

02 September 2018 - 11:35 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Hey everyone, even though Pokemon 25 is still about 3 years away, been wondering if there is anything from the first few years, or rather the Gen I years, you would like to see make a comeback in 2021?

$2.99 booster packs.

02 September 2018 - 11:45 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
Amen! Robratt!
Try try again. Never ever quit.

03 September 2018 - 01:03 AM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

$2.99 booster packs.

Like somebody asking for gas prices to return under $1.

03 September 2018 - 02:24 AM

MewSevenSeven

Senior Trainer

• MewSevenSeven

Those gold plated pokemon cards in chrome-ish pokeballs from Burger King (or was it McD?)

03 September 2018 - 10:30 AM

Mod_Diamond

Novice Trainer

• Mod_Diamond

Those gold plated pokemon cards in chrome-ish pokeballs from Burger King (or was it McD?)

Those were awesome, they were indeed from Burger King.  I have a couple of them on my collectible shelf, wish I was able to get them all at the time.  Would be fantastic if they made a comeback.

07 September 2018 - 12:53 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
Dudes why from burger king, the guys creepy!
Try try again. Never ever quit.

09 September 2018 - 03:25 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

As for me, well, would like to see a lot of things make a comeback, like say, with the video games, have them find a way to bring back all the Gen I games somehow.  Like make an exclusive Game Boy remake, or two, where you can play RBY, and with say, a wireless connection, connect it to either the Switch, or recreate the N64, where you can use those Pokemon on a Pokemon Stadium game.  Something for the nostalgia factor.  Wouldn't mind playing Snap and the TCG video game again.

It would be cool to play through Gen 1 again with some kind of online multiplayer matching system. I'm not sure if that's what you meant , but I think that would be really cool. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

10 September 2018 - 11:07 PM

bine4674

Rookie Trainer

• bine4674

Maybe it'll get the genwunners to actually play the game or just make them all mad.

04 October 2018 - 04:24 AM

Hydreigon42

Novice Trainer

• Hydreigon42

also the burger king pokemon toys that were with that promotion

there were so many different pokemon

mine:

-those small plastic figures where it would have the whole evolutionary line for a pokemon

-cool action figures

the ones now dont really do much but there used to be ones like a charizard that would shoot out fire

-the talking pikachu

-the pokeball with a pokemon keychain inside

u stick the pokemon in the pokeball

-also this from the old hoenn time: pokemon delta species

its where a pokemon has a different type, usually fitting its color

the coolest ones i saw were shiny dark type charizard, water salamence, and shiny dark type rayquaza

it would be so cool to have these for the newer pokemon

sometimes the types seem to be random such as these that are actual cards that existed:

-psychic typhlosion

-fire arbok

-electric feraligatr

-the gameboys that launch pokeballs

-pokemon snap

i want to throw apples at ultra beasts

Edited by Hydreigon42, 04 October 2018 - 04:26 AM.

05 December 2018 - 05:10 PM

iRockin

Rookie Trainer

• iRockin

It would be cool to play through Gen 1 again with some kind of online multiplayer matching system. I'm not sure if that's what you meant , but I think that would be really cool.

That would be amazing! Pokemon yellow (which was the first Pokemon game I ever played, on the original gameboy) remake with 3D graphics like the newer Pokemon games on the 3DS. Online matchmaking which looks similar to Pokemon Stadium on the N64. I'd trade my car to play that!