Dark Patch Price

• Please log in to reply

31 August 2018 - 05:37 PM

Pyhrrous

Junior Trainer

• Pyhrrous
I've been seeking out some Dark Patch cards to add to my deck, but a bit of searching on the public trade system reveals that they're actually kind of expensive - about 4 or 5 Boosters for 3 patches. I consider myself still new to the trading scene, but this is very surprising to me, especially considering that Dark Patches are just an Uncommon Item card.

Is this a reasonable price for Dark Patch, or should I look somewhere else?

I wasn't sure what to put for my signature so I just added this

31 August 2018 - 07:39 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
It is pretty reasonable considering that people use dark watch's for the turbo darkrai deck that I believe won Worlds in 2016 and it is still used a lot in Expanded. Maybe offer 2 guardians rising for 3 dark patch's.
Try try again. Never ever quit.

31 August 2018 - 07:44 PM

Pyhrrous

Junior Trainer

• Pyhrrous
Ahh, I see. I don't follow official tournaments, so I hadn't thought of that. Looking at the card a bit more, I would also assume part of it is that it's a card from 2012 and hasn't been reprinted since AFAIK.

Thanks for the insight.

I wasn't sure what to put for my signature so I just added this

31 August 2018 - 07:46 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
You are welcome! Good luck out there!
Try try again. Never ever quit.

06 September 2018 - 12:52 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

It is pretty reasonable considering that people use dark watch's for the turbo darkrai deck that I believe won Worlds in 2016 and it is still used a lot in Expanded. Maybe offer 2 guardians rising for 3 dark patch's.

It did not win then.  In fact, dark patch wasn't in the format then, but it is true that turbodark decks have had a long history of extreme success, including a worlds win in 2013 (perhaps what you were thinking of?).  2016 was Mega Audino's year.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

06 September 2018 - 04:28 PM

graywh

Elite Trainer

• graywh

It did not win then.  In fact, dark patch wasn't in the format then, but it is true that turbodark decks have had a long history of extreme success, including a worlds win in 2013 (perhaps what you were thinking of?).  2016 was Mega Audino's year.

BKP Darkrai EX was one of the attackers in the Juniors champion's deck that year.

Forums Rules
  • Stay on Topic
  • Search, then Post
  • Be Constructive
  • Play Nice
  • Be Honest
  • Keep Your Private Life Private
  • Keep Your Links Official
  • Discipline is Private
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules