What is the most fun part about PTCGO?

• Please log in to reply

23 August 2018 - 12:04 AM

Pyhrrous

Novice Trainer

• Pyhrrous

Everyone here is here for different reasons, be it trading/collecting cards, building decks, or just winning games. To you, what is the best part of the game?

IMO, I have the most fun when me and my opponent are in an incredibly close match. I just got out of a game where they were destroying me because I pulled only Ultra Prism Darkrai for my starting hand and they were stacking energy onto their Mega Mewtwo Y, but I managed to turn the tables and use Zoroark-BREAK to make a recovery and win.

The second most fun thing for me is losing, but to a unique and creative deck.

Also, I'm putting this in Player vs. Player because there's no general subforum and I'd assume most people come here to play against other people.

How about you guys? What is the most fun thing for you to do, and do you have any memories to share?

I wasn't sure what to put for my signature so I just added this

23 August 2018 - 12:38 AM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
My favorite part about the game would be the forums, you meet all kinds of people in there! It’s extremely entertaining to watch threads unfold.

Pity that the activity rate isn’t as high as some other forums, but I like it all the same.

Friendship is magic!

23 August 2018 - 12:45 AM

xXTheStalkXx

Trainer

• xXTheStalkXx

For me is deck building... Coming up with convoluted combos and rogue strategies... For example, today I won against a Metagross GX deck by taking my 6 prices on a single turn using a Kingdra spread deck, not gonna lie, I felt pretty great after that. Also, discussing decks here in the forums, we get into some discussions from time to time, but it's part of, I think.  

23 August 2018 - 03:16 AM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902
For me it's on the one hand the trading section because I studied Master in Business Administration and you can see much of theories in the trading section like if you offer multiple times the same card you make an impact on the market price. If you make a margin through buying/selling a card it's adviceable not offering to much of them.

On the other hand it's the brainless gamestyle. I am a huge fan of the competitive scene of Pokemon, especially from the "real" games on 3DS where you have to think on multiple things and now over 800 Pokemon with individual weaknesses, strengths and strategies. It's so much more depth and strategy compared to the card game, so I use PTCGO as "vacation" from thinking and smash noobs with my famous Gardevoir GX deck or let the game auto-pilot with theme deck.

Sadly, with the loss of special events, there is nothing to gain. The GX are all old and easy to trade for and thats it. I just play it because it was last year very cool and I hope, that it come back to a good game.

Edited by Eden2902, 23 August 2018 - 03:19 AM.

The cake is a lie!

25 August 2018 - 11:22 PM

MoseSnyper

Rookie Trainer

• MoseSnyper

Opening packs is definitely one of the best parts of the game.

The thrill of possibly getting something Ultra Rare.

Also trying to make rogue decks work in Versus is fun too.

27 August 2018 - 06:08 AM

deevoh

Junior Trainer

• deevoh

Opening packs or winning matches to obtain beautiful GX cards that your hearts set on !

And trying to make interesting sets with whatever rare pulls you do get 

Basically I love to collect, increase my collection, win and have an awesome deck 

27 August 2018 - 05:25 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

Unlimited (rip) and the forum / forum tournaments.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

08 September 2018 - 07:41 PM

Xillia2016

Rookie Trainer

• Xillia2016

The most fun part about the card game is taking all your cards and tossing them in a fire pit when you shortly take notice that everyone is spending 1,000's of dollars daily to dominate the leader board

09 September 2018 - 03:34 AM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
They do? I’ve never heard of such a practice. Not even sure if leaderboard is still something people even look at. :P

Friendship is magic!

10 September 2018 - 03:25 AM

TheMy5teryMan

Rookie Trainer

• TheMy5teryMan

Wait, you're supposed to have fun?

10 September 2018 - 08:42 AM

Harion

Trainer

• Harion

building decks on my own and seeing it work. i don't like netdecking. takes the fun out of the game.

15 September 2018 - 05:09 AM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

They do? I’ve never heard of such a practice. Not even sure if leaderboard is still something people even look at. :P

Well, technically the best way to get on top of the leaderboard would be to hire 2-3 poor kids from a 3rd world country and let them grind your account 24/7. though given the currency exchange rates I'd reckon you'd have to spend less than 10 dollars a day, rather than 1000 doing this ^^.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

16 September 2018 - 02:03 AM

Pyhrrous

Novice Trainer

• Pyhrrous

Wow, that got pretty dark pretty quick. Can we talk about something else, now?

I wasn't sure what to put for my signature so I just added this

18 September 2018 - 01:46 PM

Sciper

Veteran Trainer

• Sciper

for me i'd say it's finishing new sets as they come out and then making up my own decks! also playing the netdecks as well.