Installation Game Crash PC

• Please log in to reply

11 August 2018 - 12:36 AM

jambarama

Rookie Trainer

• jambarama

Pokemon won't launch after the most recent update.  I get this message: 

Failed to initialize player

Failed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0).
Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatching
editor and platform support versions.

OK

I found this thread explaining I should uninstall and re-install: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/48728-game-general-failed-to-load-playersettings-internal-index-0/

I found this thread with inst uninstall instructions: https://support.pokemon.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001058453-The-Pokémon-Trading-Card-Game-Online-stalls-when-updating-How-do-I-uninstall-reinstall-the-game-for-Windows-and-for-Mac-. I'm fine through these steps:  

To uninstall the game:

1. Click the Windows icon in the bottom-left corner, type Control Panel, and then hit Enter.
  2. From the Control Panel, select Programs.
  3. In the Programs and Features section, select Uninstall a program.
  4. Right-click Pokémon Trading Card Game Online, then select Uninstall and follow the prompts to completely remove the game.

Once I click uninstall, I get the following message: 

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'PokemonInstaller.msi' in the box below.

Use source:
C:\Users\Me\Desktop\

I don't have the old MSI installer I used to install in the first instance, it was years ago.  When I direct the installer to a new MSI install package I've just downloaded, I get his message: 

The file 'C:\Users\Me\Desktop\PokemonInstaller.msi' is not a valid installation package for the product Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.  Try to find the installation package 'PokemonInstaller.msi' in a folder from which you can install Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.  

OK

When I launch the installer MSI alone, I run into the same thing, as the installer's first action is to uninstall the old version.  If I try to cancel the uninstall but continue with the install, I get a dialog box that says this: 

The older version of Pokemon Trading Card Game Online cannot be removed.  Contact your technical support group.

OK

How can I find out what version MSI installer I need, and where can I get it? 

12 August 2018 - 05:30 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Hello Jambarama. Nice name by the way.

Im sorry to hear you are having some issues. You can find the official download for PTCGO here:
https://www.pokemon....nline/download/

However it sounds like your windows is having an issue. I cant give you any definitive advice on what to do with your system, but I would suggest restarting your computer is a good start. You might want to check and make sure you have your windows installer service running on your computer. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

12 August 2018 - 09:16 PM

jambarama

Rookie Trainer

• jambarama

Mod_Alder, 

I appreciate the response.  I rebooted to no effect and confirmed windows installer service was running.  I haven't had problems installing or running other programs recently, the issue is confined to uninstalling this particular program via the msi. If it is an issue with windows, I'm stuck because I have windows 7 disks but I'm on windows 10 and don't have disks to re-upgrade or a system restore point.  

Thanks, if it is really a system issue, I guess this is a closed topic. 

Yesterday, 03:14 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Sorry to hear my suggestion did not work. I have read this complaint coming from windows 10 users with other programs when researching your issue. So its possible it could be your system. There is something called a Windows Installer troubleshooter that I believe comes with windows. This program supposedly will search your computer for any programs that are having issues like you described. You may want to do your own research into that program. I hope that helps. You should also consider sending us a support ticket. You can submit a ticket by following the link in my signature. 

Moderator Alder

Yesterday, 03:50 AM

jambarama

Rookie Trainer

• jambarama

I will submit a ticket, thank you for your time and expertise!

Edited by jambarama, Yesterday, 03:50 AM.

Yesterday, 08:13 AM

Mod_Gunning

Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

You are welcome, jambarama! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you in the future.

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

Yesterday, 01:18 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello jambarama,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with the game! Hopefully the support team will be able to assist you further.

Please note that I have updated the title of your thread to match the format used by this subforum. 

Thanks!

Moderator Jynthu

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Installation, Game Crash, PC