Vespiquen\Vileplume

• Please log in to reply

08 August 2018 - 04:49 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
Hello Everyone! Do you have any deck ideas for Vespiquen and vileplume in Expanded? Here is my list, 4 Commbee, 4 vespiquen, 4 Oddish, 3 Gloom, 3 Vileplume, 4 Unown, 1 Sabayle(from Celestial Storm), 1 Klefki (Steam Siege), 1 Bunnelby, 1 Tapu Le-Le Gx, 1 Shaymin EX, 2 acro bike, 4 Battle Compressor, 4 Pro. Sycamores. 2 level ball, 4 Ultra Ball, 2 rescue Stretcher,4 Trainers Mail,1 Special Charge, 2 Float stone, 1 Misty's ,Determination, 2 Guzma, 1 AZ, 4 DC. Any thoughts as to how to make this the best Possible?

Edited by WingsofFire1014, 05 September 2018 - 01:31 AM.

Try try again. Never ever quit.

08 August 2018 - 06:07 PM

Wolfofdogs

Rookie Trainer

• Wolfofdogs
I’m no expert on pokemon or anything, but I would suggest putting in more draw supporters, because all you have for drawing cards is professor sycamore, Acro bike, and unknown. Or you could add more draw pokemon like oranguru or octillery.

Hope this was useful!

08 August 2018 - 08:16 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
I think I have enough draw support though. Because a lot of times I almost run out of cards. Any other suggestions?

08 August 2018 - 08:53 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
Should I add another Special Charge?

05 September 2018 - 01:32 AM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
Uhh?

06 September 2018 - 12:41 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Vespiquen/plume was at one point a very strong deck, and probably would still be pretty good except for one thing.  The Forest of Giant Plants is banned.  Without it, the deck is much slower, much less consistent, and missing its singular biggest advantage- the ability to completely replace an attacker in one turn.

That, of course, does not mean the deck can't still be used, but you're going to have to be more careful- and you should probably emphasize Vileplume as much as possible, so that disruption is getting set up ASAP, allowing you more setup time.

With regards to that, then, here are my suggestions:

• Consider switching rescue stretcher for revitalizer.
  • Put in 2 choice bands- damage buffs are essential, even if you can't play the cards most of the game.
  • You may want more than one AZ
  • Is Sableye worth the bench space?  It seems like you want as many bees and flowers out as possible, so I don't think it's advisable.
  • Your deck has a ton of items, which is of course very useful in the first turn of the game.  But after your lock comes up, that's a huge portion of your deck you can't even play.  Try to thin unnecessary or underused items (what they are depends on how you play), and maybe replace with supporters if you have room.
  • What are the big threats you've seen to this deck?  I would think that buzzwole would be one, so I'd consider a psychic tech. (there's a wealth of them.)

This is a really weird situation, vespiplume right now, so I'm not sure how good my advice is.  But I hope I've helped. :)

Edited by SuperStone, 06 September 2018 - 12:41 AM.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

06 September 2018 - 02:07 AM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
Yes! Buzzwole has been very hard on this deck. All decks that are quick set up and ship benched Pokemon are hard on me. Is there any way counter that. Reveltilizer is good but I shouldn't I want my unnown's back? I think I do have more than 1 AZ I think that was the only thing I messed up on on my list. See I feel like I need even more items though. I don't know how to shorten those items if I have to set up Vileplume fast.

08 September 2018 - 09:39 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Yes! Buzzwole has been very hard on this deck. All decks that are quick set up and ship benched Pokemon are hard on me. Is there any way counter that.

The most common counters are Mew-EX, Mewtwo Evo, and mew FCo.  Mew wouldn't work here, and you probably don't want to offer two prizes with Mew-EX, so I'd suggest Mewtwo- though there is a new Deoxys with the same attack and 1 less retreat cost, though it comes at the price of 10 HP.  Not sure that would help you, though, as you only have Dice.  There's also our old friend Mewtw0-EX, which has substantially most HP than Mew-EX.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

08 September 2018 - 09:59 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
Those are some good suggestions, but do you have any others? Also, how do those cards work with Vespiquen/Vileplume?

Edited by WingsofFire1014, 08 September 2018 - 09:59 PM.

08 September 2018 - 10:05 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

They can all attack with one double colorless, so you don't need anything special.

I'm not really sure how much getting unown back will help.  Sure, it's draw without needing items, but you have to use items to get it...  and the discard pile is where you want them, anyway.

And really, that's about the end of my ideas.  I haven't played this build in ages, and the situation it's in now is so weird I think only trial and error can tell us what will work.

09 September 2018 - 05:36 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
Okay! Thanks to all of you!