• WingsofFire1014
Hep i am ready!
Try try again. Never ever quit.

14 August 2018 - 02:02 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone
Spoiler

My version of the deck is pretty similar to Felidae's, but there are a few differences, such as more support for ho-oh and the choice of FFB over moosel bond.  This is a slightly modified version to fit what support pokemon you have, but it's pretty darn close to the original.  This is probably a less consistent version than his, but it utilizes energy as a resource more effectively.  Just some trade-offs to consider. :)

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

24 August 2018 - 01:17 AM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
Thank you everybody for the help! I am now winning a lot of events and matches. Thank so much! Kudos to all of you!

27 August 2018 - 10:36 AM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay
Congrats!
Do you mind sharing with us your final deck list?
It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

29 August 2018 - 12:57 AM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
3 Volcanion EX, 3 Turtonator GX, 1 Ho-Oh GX, 1 Tap Le-Le Gx, 1 Shaymin EX, 2 Volcanion, 3 blacksmith, 4 pro. Sycamore, 4 Ultra ball, 1 muscle band, 1 Choice band, 2 Float stone, 2 kiawe, 1 Field blower, 1 N, 1 Max eliexer, 2 Guzma, 3 vs seeker, 3 Battle compressor, 1 Super Scoop up, 3 scorched earth, 17 Fire energy. This might sound really different but it works really well

29 August 2018 - 01:09 AM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
Will my Volcanion deck still be good for the PTCGO even after rotation. I might run into buzzwole a lot now.

29 August 2018 - 04:59 PM

samuraison

Veteran Trainer

• samuraison

Will my Volcanion deck still be good for the PTCGO even after rotation. I might run into buzzwole a lot now.

Volcanion got rotated out so unless you want to play Expanded you need a whole new deck.

It doesnt look bad for Expanded though. Maybe add Karen for NM matchup or add Super rod or Rescue Stretcher to get back Pokemon or energy.

Otherwise, solid deck.

Edited by samuraison, 29 August 2018 - 05:03 PM.

samuraison AKA Son Samurai

Team Skull Moderator

Alola Region Office

"I'll take you on in Pokémon, yo! Been playing this game since '98, bro!"

31 August 2018 - 10:23 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
People have been boarding karen though. They are tough to get right now.

01 September 2018 - 02:06 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
Also why is super for so expensive right now?

02 September 2018 - 02:17 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Also why is super for so expensive right now?

I would guess because a lot of people are moving to Expanded after the rotation.  However, some of it is just how stock markets always work, you know?  Mob psychology.  Logic kinda goes out the window.

Oh, hey, Samuraison!  Haven't seen you in a while. :)

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

02 September 2018 - 03:52 PM

samuraison

Veteran Trainer

• samuraison

I would guess because a lot of people are moving to Expanded after the rotation. However, some of it is just how stock markets always work, you know? Mob psychology. Logic kinda goes out the window.

Oh, hey, Samuraison! Haven't seen you in a while. :)

I've been playing this other game that has a graveyard and deals with "the heart of the cards".

The new Standard meta here is different and trying to catch up now is a pain.

Edited by samuraison, 02 September 2018 - 03:54 PM.

samuraison AKA Son Samurai

Team Skull Moderator

Alola Region Office

"I'll take you on in Pokémon, yo! Been playing this game since '98, bro!"

02 September 2018 - 05:02 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014

I've been playing this other game that has a graveyard and deals with "the heart of the cards".
The new Standard meta here is different and trying to catch up now is a pain.

I agree. I think that a lot of people will be in Expanded for awhile, so that will probably mean some tough matches for a while. Especially since I play expanded.

04 September 2018 - 11:50 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
New stadium card that I think is going to come out soon! It will help Volcanion in Expanded! It is a prime star card and I believe that it says once during your turn you can discard any energy from your hand to draw three cards, and I don't think any other prism stadiums can come into play after that. It might seem bad because it helps your opponent to, but just think, scorched earth you can discard a fire or fighting energy. Uh huh, Buzzwole and Garchomp and others have advantage of it. How does it hurt you? I mean you run into Buzzwole a million times a day. Any thoughts on this card? Feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong on the card.

06 September 2018 - 05:30 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
On my goodness.people! New Victini Prism Star card that is being released with Dragon majesty on September 7th! It attack does 20 damage times the amount of basic energy cards in your discard pile, then shuffle all of those cards into your deck! the attack takes 2 fire energy though. This could be big for Volcanion as it could take karen's place, and at the same time not allow your opponent to do it either! Any thoughts on this card as well as the post before this? I am excited to hear what you guys have to say about these cards! And I would like some opinions on whether I should use either of these card or not. I am in expanded!

08 September 2018 - 08:49 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
Blaine's Last stand. New card. It reads: You can play this card only if it is the last card in your hand. Draw 2 cards for each fire Pokemon you have in play. That could be pretty useful with Volcanion. Especially if your bench is loaded. You wou!d draw 10 cards. It could be effective.

05 October 2018 - 07:54 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
There is a new Blazekin from Dragon Majesty. It has an ability that says Once during your turn (before you attack), you may attach a fire energy card from your discard pile to 1 or your benched Pokemon.

I don't see this teaming up with Volcanion that great. It could work though. This card will probably be seen in the slowly but surely rising Blazekin GX deck. I am going to try and find a way to combine it with Volcanion though. Does anybody have any ideas! Feel free to share your thoughts!

14 November 2018 - 09:28 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
Is this deck still good in expanded?

14 November 2018 - 11:08 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Sure.  It's not at its peak, but it's still successful for me.

14 November 2018 - 11:23 PM

WingsofFire1014

Senior Trainer

• WingsofFire1014

Sure. It's not at its peak, but it's still successful for ***

** there a way to make it at its peak? Great to hear that it still works for an experienced player like you!

14 November 2018 - 11:40 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

** there a way to make it at its peak? Great to hear that it still works for an experienced player like you!

Bribe some Japanese higherups to print fire support in the next set. :P

Seriously, though.  You can always look for new and better combos, and if you find a way to combine meta-countering with the raw power of Volcs, it could be a very good deck indeed.  But the meta is where it is, and if a card doesn't have the greatest match-ups at the moment, there's not really much you can do about it.