Desperate returning player :(

• Please log in to reply

07 August 2018 - 05:43 PM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902
Hey guys,

I had the last months very few time to play PTCGO and the ladders weren't motivated me because either I had the cards or they are not good. My situation is the following:

- no tradable boosters
- full tradable Sylveon/Gardevoir-GX deck
- " Volcanion deck
- tradable Ultra Necrozma x2
- " Lunala-Necrozma GX x2
- 4 non-tradable Tapu Lele GX
- all staple trainer until the current expansion
- all sun moon theme decks except that new water one

The problem: the meta shifted unlucky for me so I can't win tourneys and haven't the booster to trade for good decks that can win tourneys. What can/should I do especially because of the upcoming rotation. Without Octillery and N my Gardevoir deck is probably not good anymore (draw power). I am thankful for any advice to "come back"

In the past I've traded for booster and got a ton through using arbitrage but since the big update all prices fallen very deep and nearly no card has a value so I can't expect much booster even if i sell all my decks. Please help community:)

Edited by Eden2902, 07 August 2018 - 06:01 PM.

The cake is a lie!

07 August 2018 - 07:24 PM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

if you understand how to trade already then you are many steps ahead of new players.  trading is still the same.

grind theme events for tradable packs and use those packs to trade around the same as before.

07 August 2018 - 09:19 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
Hey, welcome back! Cheer up, Gardie/Sylvie deck is still doing great in Expanded! I’m not so sure about Standard, though. Zoroark recently gained a resurge in popularity, so better pack a Gallade with you. I don’t see Stakatakkas wandering anywhere near tournaments for the next 10 days or so, so better play Gardie/Sylvie in tournaments and bring in Volcanion once CeS cards are legalized.

Also, you can’t really expect to win every single tournament that you attend, there are usually 7 other players, which cut it down to a statistic average of 1 win every 8 tournaments. If you win a quarter or half of your tourneys, you’re already doing great. :)

Friendship is magic!

08 August 2018 - 06:16 AM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay
Turn the Frown, Upside Down!
You are in a prime time spot!

Shake those comb webs off your Gardevior GX deck!
Gardevior GX is making a come back in Standard!

Rayquaza GX is the new hot deck.
Rayquaza GX is spicy!

However, Rayquaza GX still has a weakness to Fairy.
Gardevior GX is making a come back!
It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

08 August 2018 - 03:58 PM

Pokegen85

Trainer

• Pokegen85
Welcome back! As players mentioned above, it’s best to grind out theme tournaments and the versus reward ladder to get coins, tickets, packs, decks, and tradeable packs. The first thing I would like to add is a word of caution to the wise: Celestial Storm and its card values are currently unstable at the moment. Until the market becomes drenched with them, you can expect to pay a premium price for staple cards within that set.

For a returning player, I highly recommend googling DarkIntegralGaming. He frequently posts videos of the latest trendy decks, sharing the card list needed for them, the basic strategy, and gameplay footage of three to four matches where you can see the deck in action and decide for yourself if that particular deck is the glass slipper that will lead you to Prince Charming. If not, move on to the next one.

Fairy decks are still very viable. Ultra Necrozma GX and Rayquaza GX are going to have issues with them. You shouldn’t have issues with draw power despite losing sushi master (Octillary) due to your numerous Tapu Lele GX’s. Oranguru SUM should go on your bench to replace the Octillary. As far as N is concerned, most people are replacing him with Judge FLI. You might also want to replace any Brigette cards with Pokémon Fan Club. A good card to consider from this set is Tate & Liza for the utility it brings (choose to either switch your active Pokémon with one of your benched Pokémon or shuffle your hand into your deck and draw five cards. Another great option from this set is Apricorn Maker which allows you to search your deck for up to two cards with the word “ball” in its name and put them into your hand.

Just keep working on the balance of draw supporters and cards until you have it right. Don’t forget to have fun!