[GENERAL] Installation - USER_PROFILE error

• Please log in to reply

07 August 2018 - 01:31 AM

ZergBlake

Rookie Trainer

• ZergBlake

hi, i need help!

when the last version of the game came out, my launcher did not update the game because the bar never finished loading and executing, then it closed and the launcher appeared with the bar that was not filled executing the game anyway and so on until Infinity. I tried to uninstall the game to reinstall it and correct the error ... but the message of USER_PROFILE appeared to impede it, try with a lot of methods to uninstall it but none of it worked, in desperation I manually deleted the game folder, then tried to install it again and reappeared the user profile error, check the control panel and there was still the icon to uninstall the game, which no longer existed because I had manually deleted it, if now I have a ghost game installed and everything that I try to do with it, be installed or uninstall, the USER_PROFILE error appears, I know that I should not delete the folder and I do not know how to avoid the error

sorry for my english

07 August 2018 - 07:37 AM

Mod_Gunning

Senior Trainer

• Mod_Gunning
Hi, ZergBlake

I'd suggest that you send a ticket to the support team so they can investigate this error further.
You can create a support ticket by clicking the link in my signature, selecting the PTCGO option, and then selecting "Contact Us". We hope that helps!

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

07 August 2018 - 01:37 PM

ZergBlake

Rookie Trainer

• ZergBlake

ok thanks, ill try

07 August 2018 - 02:28 PM

Mod_Vengr

• Mod_Vengr

Hello ZergBlake,

The "USER_PROFILE" error when trying to install or uninstall is a typically a permissions issue with your Windows User Account. Please try the following methods to work around this:

Refresher Method

Without uninstalling the game, download the latest installer from the TCG Online download page
Run the installer
Find the folder in which you installed the game, named PokemonTradingCardGameOnline, and run the Refresher executable manually.
Run the game client and log in

Manual Client Update Method

Without uninstalling the game, download the latest installer from the TCG Online download page
Run the installer
Open the add/remove programs window in control panel
Right click The Pokémon Trading Card Game Online
Choose the 'Change' option
This will run the Refresher executable, after which you should be able to Repair or Uninstall the game
If repairing doesn't correct the issue, choose 'Uninstall' from the menu
After the game has successfully uninstalled, reinstall the game using the newest installer file (downloaded above)

New Admin Method

Create a new administrator account on your computer
Run the installer from the new admin account, indicating that you are installing for all users
If issues are still experienced, use the Refresher and Manual Program Update methods above with the newly installed files

If none of these methods resolve the issue, please let the support team know! 

Moderator Vengr
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

"I see now that one's birth is irrelevant, it is what you do, that determines who you are" - Mewtwo

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

07 August 2018 - 02:44 PM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

Hi ZergBlake,

You could also check the following thread for more information on how to solve this issue:

http://forums.pokemo...mon-tcg-online/

Moderator Lyam

08 August 2018 - 10:58 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello ZergBlake,

Please note that I have updated the title of your thread to match the format used by this subforum.

Thanks!

Moderator Jynthu