[GAME] Shop - Where is Celestial Storm?

• Please log in to reply

03 August 2018 - 04:59 AM

FunDudeEpic

Rookie Trainer

• FunDudeEpic

I got on my game Aug. 2nd and 3rd and celestial Storm hasn't Appeared in the shop

03 August 2018 - 05:11 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

While the cards have appeared a day early, and you can even open prerelease booster packs, the set isn't officially released until August 3rd.  That's when this set is available in stores, etc.  You can probably expect the packs and theme decks to be in the game's Shop at about 10:00 PDT tomorrow morning (approx. 12 hours from this timestamp).

Edited by RobRatt, 03 August 2018 - 05:14 AM.

03 August 2018 - 03:36 PM

Mikey3146

Rookie Trainer

• Mikey3146

On July 31, 2018 the Pokémon TCG Online was updated to version 2.54. Changes in this version include:

• Added support for the Pokémon TCG: Sun & Moon—Celestial Storm expansion. This expansion will be available in the game on August 2 and will be legal for use in tournaments starting August 17.

It's not August 2 anywhere in the world at this point.

When I log in to PTCG app the home page says CS will be available Aug 2 as well.

If the software/server are acting as expected then the communications (the snippet above from the patch notes and the home screen) have "bugs". They probably should have said "August 3".

If the communications were correct with August 2, then the software has the bug as it technically should be showing the expansion by now.

It's not like this is some show-stopper bug, or something I'd expect to last, but it's good to know if this is happening for everyone. That way we can rule out something we have to do on our systems to see it, like clear a cache or something.

Edited by Mikey3146, 03 August 2018 - 03:37 PM.

03 August 2018 - 07:33 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

It's not August 2 anywhere in the world at this point.

When I log in to PTCG app the home page says CS will be available Aug 2 as well.

If the software/server are acting as expected then the communications (the snippet above from the patch notes and the home screen) have "bugs". They probably should have said "August 3".

If the communications were correct with August 2, then the software has the bug as it technically should be showing the expansion by now.

It's not like this is some show-stopper bug, or something I'd expect to last, but it's good to know if this is happening for everyone. That way we can rule out something we have to do on our systems to see it, like clear a cache or something.

As expected, Celestial Storm boosters and the two new Theme Decks are available in the game's Shop this morning, on August 3rd.

There was no bug noticed yesterday.  All of the cards from Celestial Storm were available, and booster packs were tradable, on August 2nd (at approx. 10:00 AM PDT).  Maybe it was necessary to "checkmark" the Show Not Owned box, but they were playable for those who had them.

Any misunderstanding seems to be on player's end.  Just like the official announcement stated, the entire Set was available in the game August 2nd.  That was a courtesy from TPCi, to the people who attended prereleases, and who had booster packs or bundle packs from those events.

But, published elsewhere (worldwide), we've all known the official release date for this set was August 3rd.  By contract, any stores, card shops, etc. are not supposed to sell Celestial Storm products until that date.  In case anyone's not aware, players in Canada are allowed to purchase products with Gems, costing real money, which would prohibit selling them in the game's Shop until official release.

Edited by RobRatt, 03 August 2018 - 07:44 PM.

04 August 2018 - 02:54 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Trainers,

Thank you for the helpful replies! It does appear that these were available as scheduled.

FunDudeEpic, if you are still not seeing these in-game, please be sure to let us know!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!