where can i go to get some really good card

• Please log in to reply

31 July 2018 - 08:42 PM

Bamma300

Rookie Trainer

• Bamma300

Hey guys im new here i want to get some new cards but i don't know where to go to get them 

anyone can help me, please?

31 July 2018 - 09:29 PM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay
You can get good cards from Theme Deck!
It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

31 July 2018 - 10:55 PM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Hello Bamma300, and welcome to the forums. 
You can buy some cards in game, and get theme decks as Player_Jay suggested. You can also buy packs of Pokemon cards in real life that will give you a code card in each pack that is worth one pack in Pokemon Trading Card Game Online. The cards gained from these packs are tradable to other players online, and you can also trade the packs themselves. I hope my answer helped you on your quest to become a great Pokemon trainer. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

01 August 2018 - 04:26 PM

myfrozensheep

Rookie Trainer

• myfrozensheep

The cards gained from these packs are tradable to other players online, and you can also trade the packs themselves.

Can you trade the packs you got from the codes too?

Edited by myfrozensheep, 01 August 2018 - 04:26 PM.

01 August 2018 - 04:39 PM

xXTheStalkXx

Trainer

• xXTheStalkXx

Can you trade the packs you got from the codes too?

Yes, yes you can

01 August 2018 - 08:53 PM

Pokegen85

Trainer

• Pokegen85
Good afternoon, Bamma300! Everyone here gave great information, but I’d like to add to it. To begin, everyone starts off new and wanting better cards. I always caution against spending actual money on anything. You don’t have to buy packs or decks to get good cards or be successful at Pokémon TCGO. This game has a sort of... dance if you will, and if you follow the steps in the correct order, you’ll be melting faces in no time!

Step one: Complete the Trainer Challenge. This is a great way to earn booster packs and coins to buy packs and decks. Every pack is 200 coins, every deck is 500 coins normally, but completing the Trainer Challenge gives you 50 or so free packs before having to spend your coins on them. You can use the prebuilt decks to earn individual cards until you save up enough coins for your first theme deck. Remember to use each prebuilt deck for the maximum number of upgrades to unlock the most cards.

Step two: Do NOT waste your coins on packs. It is better to use them to buy theme decks. Use the newly purchased theme decks in Trainer’s Challenge to earn even more packs! Every theme deck comes with a specific number of NPC’s you have to beat in order to earn that pack. It’s usually around twelve or so. Beating the same NPC repeatedly won’t count towards this, and you’ll have to beat each NPC four times to earn their pack. As you might have guessed, the Trainer Challenge takes a while, but all of those free cards and packs are worth it!

Step three: DO visit the Trainer’s Challenge section of this forum for strategies to use against troublesome NPC’s. Many veterans never lose sight of where they started and will be willing to give helpful advice to get you through.

Step four: Do NOT waste your tickets entering tournaments that aren’t theme deck format. A greenhorn Trainer has no chance against a well organized standard or expanded deck. Unless you’ve done your homework and built a deck that’s been consistent in versus (we are talking double digit win streaks and a win percentage of seventy five percent wins out of games played at the very least before even thinking about entering a standard or expanded tournament.

Step five: Use the packs you win from theme deck tournaments to trade for specific cards you need to start building expanded and standard decks. Never open tradable packs under any circumstances! Do your homework to research how many packs each card is worth. The old saying “there’s a sucker born every minute” applies well to the trade system in Pokémon TCGO. Most of the trade offers out there are just plain horrible!

Step six: If you need help building a custom deck for standard and expanded, google videos of actual Pokémon tournaments to see what’s being used and what’s winning. There’s no shame in copying someone else’s homework until you get used to how cards work together, what cards you’ll need, and how many of each card. DarkIntegralGaming is a good source to get you started building a competitive deck. Importbyour deck here for advice from the community. An extra pair of eyes never hurts.

Step seven: The most important step - don’t forget to have fun! Take all things in moderation, even Pokémon TCGO. Be polite, be professional, and be as graceful in your defeats as you are in your victories. Remember that the community is what makes Pokémon TCGO worth playing. Don’t forget to be kind and give helpful advice when its solicited.

I hope this helps. Have a fun and exciting week full of Pokémon battles, and may the coin flips forever be in your favor!

Edited by Pokegen85, 01 August 2018 - 08:56 PM.