A new Promo Pikachu and 2 missing cards [Resolved]

• Please log in to reply

31 July 2018 - 08:20 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Does anyone have any insight into where this card comes from, or why it was added in today's update?

A foil Promo Pikachu (BW54)

There's been a non-foil of this Promo in the game for a long time.  It's one of the few cards that I'm missing.  But today, they've added a Foil version that's new.  I've checked with 3 friends who have the most complete collections I know, and none of them own it.

Is this a mistake?  Or is it possible to get this card from somewhere?

Edited by RobRatt, 24 August 2018 - 08:07 PM.

31 July 2018 - 09:21 PM

Loof6

Veteran Trainer

• Loof6

That's a good question. Unfortunately, I can not help you there either. I guess it's a mistake. But I do not know.

31 July 2018 - 09:26 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

As a side note, this morning's update (v 2.54) also removed 2 cards from the database.  It's frustrating, because I have absolutely no idea which ones.

They've done this before, much like they arbitrarily added an alternate Pikachu today.  They've apparently combined two different cards into one, or removed them altogether for some unknown reason.

Has anybody noticed which 2 cards are missing from their collection?

Keep in mind, these will be cards that you traded for, or owned until today's update.  They will likely be old promos (noticed from past experienced) but could be something else.  It might also be a correction (or mistake) from one of the Theme Deck alternates.

Edited by RobRatt, 31 July 2018 - 10:12 PM.

31 July 2018 - 10:06 PM

Jigglypuffan

Expert Trainer

• Jigglypuffan

i find a trade i receive 3 cards.. but one card is invisible and we only see + 0 .. i would love to show a picture but i cant..

the trade countain a m gardevoir and suicune anti ex in the offer.

Edited by Jigglypuffan, 31 July 2018 - 10:13 PM.

31 July 2018 - 10:27 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

i find a trade i receive 3 cards.. but one card is invisible and we only see + 0 .. i would love to show a picture but i cant..

the trade countain a m gardevoir and suicune anti ex in the offer.

Thank you very much.  It looks like you found one of the missing cards -- whatever it is.

When I looked at that Public trade (still current, and up), that card is indeed invisible (+0).  But when I right click on it, it shows that I own 3 of them.  It has a "purple box" icon (which usually mean Unlimited).

P.S.  I've sent him a friend request, so hopefully we'll figure out which card it is.

02 August 2018 - 07:47 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Okay, before version 2.54 update, we all had X Different Cards Owned.

After maintenance and the update, we own X-2 Different Cards Owned.

We all lost 2 cards on Tuesday, and sorry, I'm not having much luck figuring out which ones.  I was able to get ahold of the guy mentioned in my post above, but he couldn't remember what the "invisible card" was in his trade.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  ...or happen to notice which cards have gone missing?  Do you think a Support Ticket would be worthwhile, or a wasted effort with only a screenshot of this guy's trade for evidence?

Edited by RobRatt, 02 August 2018 - 07:50 AM.

03 August 2018 - 09:51 AM

Pikalover5769

Trainer

• Pikalover5769

Okay, before version 2.54 update, we all had X Different Cards Owned.

After maintenance and the update, we own X-2 Different Cards Owned.

We all lost 2 cards on Tuesday, and sorry, I'm not having much luck figuring out which ones.  I was able to get ahold of the guy mentioned in my post above, but he couldn't remember what the "invisible card" was in his trade.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  ...or happen to notice which cards have gone missing?  Do you think a Support Ticket would be worthwhile, or a wasted effort with only a screenshot of this guy's trade for evidence?

Hey bro,

I just tried looking and I could not figure out anything either. I definitely think we should report this or ask the moderators. As a fellow collector I'm a bit stressed out by this myself lol.

Thanks for all that you do my man,

Pika!

05 August 2018 - 05:17 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

I'm surprised I didn't catch this sooner, because a friend and I had discussed this card about a week ago.  BUT, we've figured out one of the cards wrongly deleted during the version 2.54 update (Thanks to Beaumason772).

And it's not good news, because it's a Gem Promo that we all paid handsomely for...

Promo Mew (BW98)

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/bw-series/bwp/BW98/

NOTE:  This is not the card (from the trade) I've mentioned above.  Whatever that card is/was, I had 3 of it.  This Promo Mew (BW98), I'm sure I had one tradable copy, and one trade-locked.

Edited by RobRatt, 05 August 2018 - 06:24 AM.

05 August 2018 - 07:10 AM

LordKieta

Elite Trainer

• LordKieta

I'm surprised I didn't catch this sooner, because a friend and I had discussed this card about a week ago.  BUT, we've figured out one of the cards wrongly deleted during the version 2.54 update (Thanks to Beaumason772).

And it's not good news, because it's a Gem Promo that we all paid handsomely for...

Promo Mew (BW98)

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/bw-series/bwp/BW98/

NOTE:  This is not the card (from the trade) I've mentioned above.  Whatever that card is/was, I had 3 of it.  This Promo Mew (BW98), I'm sure I had one tradable copy, and one trade-locked.

Aw rip, I had a locked playset of that :( So much for that. 

So I did a bit of research, both on the forums and my old updates in my personal archive, and found that at one point, the BW54 Pikachu that appeared out of nowhere, at one point did have a nonholo and a holo version. The Holo version was removed from the game a long time ago. No idea why it's back, but I suppose it existing at all isn't completely new. 

I do NOT check my messages in-game. If you need to talk to me, message me on the forums. 

Visit Violet City Trading Company, Located in In-Game Item Exchange!!! Trade your packs in for our cards! 

06 August 2018 - 11:59 PM

Loof6

Veteran Trainer

• Loof6

Is there something new about this topic? Have you already contacted the support?

07 August 2018 - 01:55 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Is there something new about this topic? Have you already contacted the support?

There is nothing new about this topic, other than we've discovered that Mew (BW98) was one of the 2 cards deleted during this update.  Since it's a Gem Promo, that was available in the Shop, I'm guessing this was a mistake.

I have not filed a Support Ticket yet.  I've been waiting and hoping that someone would say, "Hey, I'm missing this card also.".  I've looked myself, to no avail.  Out of 9000+ cards, it's hard to spot the one missing.  I'm thinking it would be more effective if we contacted Support when we know both cards that were removed.

Edited by RobRatt, 07 August 2018 - 01:58 AM.

12 August 2018 - 07:49 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

JSYK, for anyone interested.  Hopefully, we'll get an answer soon.

Your request (120878) has been updated.

Thank you for the information you’ve provided and for your patience with this issue.

In order to better serve you, we are forwarding this ticket to a dedicated team for further processing and assistance.

Due to high ticket volumes, a response and/or resolution may take longer than normal. We apologize for the delay and the team will contact you as soon as updates are available.

Thank you again for your patience.

Edited by RobRatt, 12 August 2018 - 07:52 PM.

13 August 2018 - 08:15 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

I got a reply from another "Agent" at Support this morning.  It looks like the 2nd missing card is a non-foil Meloetta from one of the Battle Decks.

Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support! I was able to look into the cards in question and it looks like that second missing card is the non-foil Meloetta (BCR #77) from the Ho-Oh Legendary Battle Deck. I have escalated this issue to the engineering team for further review.

EDIT:  I tested this Ho-Oh Legendary Deck, just to see.  Sure enough, it shows 60 cards in Deck Manager (in the little window), but if you count them, there are only 59.

When I play-tested the deck, Meloetta DOES show up there.  In fact, I used her as my main attacker, but when the game was over, my MVP card was invisible.

When writing them initially, about the new Pikachu promo, I mentioned it might be a 13th "unobtainable" card, and asked if they could reveal the source of this card.  They didn't answer that question, but asked about the other 12.  It probably won't go anywhere, but it would be great if we resolved these 12 cards that no one can get.

Would you mind replying back to this ticket with the 12 cards that you mentioned were unobtainable for that we can look into this further? We look forward to hearing back from you!

Edited by RobRatt, 13 August 2018 - 08:50 PM.

13 August 2018 - 10:34 PM

Loof6

Veteran Trainer

• Loof6

Ok, thanks to keep us up to date.

14 August 2018 - 10:14 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt
Thank you for writing back in.  I appreciate you getting that list over to me.  I went ahead and forwarded this information over to the development team.  At the moment I do not have an update on when/if these cards will be available, but I can say that the development team is definitely looking into everything.  I suggest to keep checking in the game, especially when updates are rolled out.  Thank you again for reaching out to us.  We always appreciate having such awesome players.  Have an awesome day!

^^  IF?  ...the biggest word in the English language.

One of these days, somebody's suggested improvements will actually be implemented, and I'm probably going to have an "awesome" brain aneurism.  :huh: 

Edited by RobRatt, 14 August 2018 - 10:35 PM.

23 August 2018 - 09:00 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

The glitches that appeared during the version 2.54 update were fixed today.

The foil Promo Pikachu (BW54) -- which would have been unobtainable -- has been removed.  Note, the non-foil version is still in the game (rare, but rightly so).

The 2 missing cards have been restored, and appear in our collections again...

1.  Promo Mew (BW98) ...a gem promo

2.  Non-foil Meloetta (BCR 77) from the Ho-Oh Legendary Battle Deck

THANK YOU for fixing these.  :)

Edited by RobRatt, 23 August 2018 - 09:22 PM.

24 August 2018 - 09:37 AM

Loof6

Veteran Trainer

• Loof6

Thanks RobRatt.