Bogus trades in the exchange

• Please log in to reply

30 July 2018 - 08:33 PM

poke_baepe

Novice Trainer

• poke_baepe

I have a suggestion for reducing the number of bogus trades in the exchange. How about you double the price of posting something but refund the poster if the trade is successfully completed? Reward the people that are actually trying to get trades done and punish the people who want lele for 1 evo pack

30 July 2018 - 10:46 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

I have a suggestion for reducing the number of bogus trades in the exchange. How about you double the price of posting something but refund the poster if the trade is successfully completed? Reward the people that are actually trying to get trades done and punish the people who want lele for 1 evo pack

A player is already refunded Tokens if a trade is successful.  I agree, it would be nice to get rid of the spam trades, but doubling it from 8 to 16 probably wouldn't solve the issue.  The few that make these trades obviously have Tokens to spare.  I think it's easier for most players the way it is, ...8 Tokens for 8 hours, etc.

A bigger problem is multiple accounts, with the daily "spam masters."  They're known, blatant, and do it every day.  They create dozens of cheap trades with one account, and accept it with another before it expires.  Pokémon has been made aware of this numerous times, and either they know these players (and accept them), they don't care enough, or it's too difficult to enforce.  It looks like we're on our own.

The suggestion to make a "spam filter" never gained traction.  That would be one possible solution, much like our e-mail providers.

Edited by RobRatt, 30 July 2018 - 11:00 PM.

30 July 2018 - 11:42 PM

poke_baepe

Novice Trainer

• poke_baepe

A player is already refunded Tokens if a trade is successful.  I agree, it would be nice to get rid of the spam trades, but doubling it from 8 to 16 probably wouldn't solve the issue.  The few that make these trades obviously have Tokens to spare.  I think it's easier for most players the way it is, ...8 Tokens for 8 hours, etc.

A bigger problem is multiple accounts, with the daily "spam masters."  They're known, blatant, and do it every day.  They create dozens of cheap trades with one account, and accept it with another before it expires.  Pokémon has been made aware of this numerous times, and either they know these players (and accept them), they don't care enough, or it's too difficult to enforce.  It looks like we're on our own.

The suggestion to make a "spam filter" never gained traction.  That would be one possible solution, much like our e-mail providers.

Robb as usual you speak the truth! I didn't know successful trades were refunded though that's awesome! Pokemon online is such a polished game. I wish there was a clever way to get rid of these ridiculous spam trades.

31 July 2018 - 11:43 AM

Oldschool1990

Veteran Trainer

• Oldschool1990

My suggestion would be changing the trading cost to 200 coins for a 24 hour-offer and no cheaper options.

Specialized on Theme Deck Tournaments.

Contra principia negantem non est disputandum.

01 August 2018 - 03:43 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

My suggestion would be changing the trading cost to 200 coins for a 24 hour-offer and no cheaper options.

But that's extremely harsh to newer players.  Or anyone, really; trades just naturally don't go through sometimes, even if they're completely fair.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

01 August 2018 - 02:11 PM

poke_baepe

Novice Trainer

• poke_baepe

honestly limiting PUBLIC trades to 6 items would make things so much better. How often do you go on the exchange and see offers of 99 energy for a lele? if people want gigantic trades let them do them privately or at least pay a larger coin amount for big trades