Delphox/Gardivoir GX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

03 August 2018 - 05:46 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi
^What? Babies are pressured the ENTIRE time, Zard or not. As I've mentioned Sylveon GX does the same thing but can also use magical ribbon to search for stuff and has slighly higher HP. Sylveon can also OHKO 70 HP babies that Zard cannot. Literally the only thing she cannot do that Zard can is to OHKO dialga, a pokemon literally only used in one archetype. ONE. And said archetype is not doing so hot in offical tourneys anyway. Simply put Zard is useless 99% of the time becauelse whatever he can do, others can do better.

Honestly when was the last time you see someone tech in a suboptimal EX with middling HP just to pressure 60 HP pokemon and ONE specific GX that will never be a main attacker?

And I seriously have to question your credibility if you think starting with Lele in the active is 'next-level play'. Unless the other guy has literally no choice, why would they ever want to throw away a chance to activate what is probably the most useful ability in the game? Seriously, I would like to hear reasons. And before it gets mentioned, no one worth their salt will dare charge up a pathetic 60 HP baby in the active while a Lele is staring at them. I also don't think I need to remind you how fast meta decks can set up and simply obliterate the Lele in 2 (or 3 if slightly more unlucky) turns and claiming 2 early prizes.

Edited by BowserLuigi, 03 August 2018 - 05:52 PM.

03 August 2018 - 06:15 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

There are a few things I would like to point out to the general audience.

• There are two Dialga-GX.  One is fire-weak, and thus could be OHKOed by Charizard-EX, but not Sylveon.  The other is Fairy weak- meaning exactly the opposite.  It's probably a toss-up which one you'd run into, but I  can tell you if I ran a metal deck, I'd be a lot more worried about Volcanion than about Gardevoir.
  • Weakness policy has long been considered a "bad" card, because a) it's only useful in very specific matchups, which some decks don't even have, and b ) it can be removed by a simple field blower before it does a single thing.  However, due to the prevalence of certain weaknesses in the format (fighting and psychic, mostly) the card has seen a rise in popularity- and was included in multiple top 8 decks at NAIC.
  • Bickering is getting nobody anywhere. ;)
  • Delphox has access to one of the strongest attacks in the Standard format.  The reasons it hasn't seen success are obvious: it's a stage 2, it takes 3 energy to attack, it doesn't have enough HP to survive attacks, and it tends to lose energy very quickly.  Gardevoir reduces the first, second, and fourth disadvantages, but even so, the card requires very careful play.

​​

Edited by SuperStone, 03 August 2018 - 06:16 PM.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

04 August 2018 - 01:18 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

There are a few things I would like to point out to the general audience.

• There are two Dialga-GX.  One is fire-weak, and thus could be OHKOed by Charizard-EX, but not Sylveon.  The other is Fairy weak- meaning exactly the opposite.
​​
There's very little reason to play the dragon type Dialga GX anymore. So there's that.

04 August 2018 - 02:26 PM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay

^What? Babies are pressured the ENTIRE time, Zard or not. As I've mentioned Sylveon GX does the same thing but can also use magical ribbon to search for stuff and has slighly higher HP. Sylveon can also OHKO 70 HP babies that Zard cannot. Literally the only thing she cannot do that Zard can is to OHKO dialga, a pokemon literally only used in one archetype. ONE. And said archetype is not doing so hot in offical tourneys anyway. Simply put Zard is useless 99% of the time becauelse whatever he can do, others can do better.
Honestly when was the last time you see someone tech in a suboptimal EX with middling HP just to pressure 60 HP pokemon and ONE specific GX that will never be a main attacker?
And I seriously have to question your credibility if you think starting with Lele in the active is 'next-level play'. Unless the other guy has literally no choice, why would they ever want to throw away a chance to activate what is probably the most useful ability in the game? Seriously, I would like to hear reasons. And before it gets mentioned, no one worth their salt will dare charge up a pathetic 60 HP baby in the active while a Lele is staring at them. I also don't think I need to remind you how fast meta decks can set up and simply obliterate the Lele in 2 (or 3 if slightly more unlucky) turns and claiming 2 early prizes.

Do you read anything I say at all?
I am the person who write comment #13.
I already said the most common partners for Gardevior are TalonFlame & Sylveon.

And now your coming behind my post saying why not use Sylveon to kill the babies?
Do you feel insightful or witty?
Your telling me my own recommendations.

I already said TalonFlame & Sylveon are valid options.

However, they are not fire type Pokémon.
TalonFlame is Colorless
Sylveon is Fairy

If the OP specific wants a Fire Type Pokémon to help his metal match up, I recommend the OP to use Charizard.
I believe Charizard is better than Delphox.
I think it is the best Fire Tech. that doesn’t require the OP to use Fire Energy or any other sort of energy.

———————————

As for the Lele play, There are reasons to do it.
However, I don’t have time to explain today.
Perhaps another time.
It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

04 August 2018 - 04:46 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

Do you read anything I say at all?
I am the person who write comment #13.
I already said the most common partners for Gardevior are TalonFlame & Sylveon.
And now your coming behind my post saying why not use Sylveon to kill the babies?
Do you feel insightful or witty?
Your telling me my own recommendations.
I already said TalonFlame & Sylveon are valid options.
However, they are not fire type Pokémon.
TalonFlame is Colorless
Sylveon is Fairy
If the OP specific wants a Fire Type Pokémon to help his metal match up, I recommend the OP to use Charizard.
I believe Charizard is better than Delphox.
I think it is the best Fire Tech. that doesn’t require the OP to use Fire Energy or any other sort of energy.
———————————
As for the Lele play, There are reasons to do it.
However, I don’t have time to explain today.
Perhaps another time.

And where did OP specifically mentioned he wants a fire type? I'm explaining why Zard will do more harm than good in a deck like this. Look. I think we can at least agree that Zard is a bad addition to a Garde deck. Would you deliberately give bad advice and force a fire type recommendation just because you think OP wants one instead of explaining why pokemon X is better suited for whatever job you have in mind (i.e. Killing babies)?

And I already explained why Zard isn't really gonna help much against a metal matchup

Btw forgot to mention yes there are reasons to place an active Lele on startup but the reasons are (usually) super obvious like wanting to activate Rayquaza GX's ability instead. How is this next level play when the reasoning is so obvious?

Edited by BowserLuigi, 04 August 2018 - 05:52 PM.

05 August 2018 - 01:17 AM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay

And where did OP specifically mentioned he wants a fire type? I'm explaining why Zard will do more harm than good in a deck like this. Look. I think we can at least agree that Zard is a bad addition to a Garde deck. Would you deliberately give bad advice and force a fire type recommendation just because you think OP wants one instead of explaining why pokemon X is better suited for whatever job you have in mind (i.e. Killing babies)?
And I already explained why Zard isn't really gonna help much against a metal matchup
Btw forgot to mention yes there are reasons to place an active Lele on startup but the reasons are (usually) super obvious like wanting to activate Rayquaza GX's ability instead. How is this next level play when the reasoning is so obvious?

And where did OP specifically mention he doesn’t want a fire type?
The OP has a Fire Pokémon in his deck right now!
I gave the OP several different options which is what I’m supposed to do.

I said he can pair Gard with the 2 common pairs TalonFlame & Sylveon
Or
If he prefers a fire type to deal with Gard Metal weakness, He can use Charizard EX.
Charizard EX is better than Delphox!

I already explain why Delphox is inferior to Charizard vs. Metal Decks.

Why are you so against the OP having a coverage Pokémon in his deck?
The OP can have a Zard has a coverage Pokémon.
Zard is the best coverage option.

Zard doesn’t require Fire energy, Rainbow energy, or any other type of Special energy.
You can use Fairy & DCE.

Zard is a basic Pokémon which doesn’t take much Deck space.
Zard’s Attack can 1 shot tons of Babies, Stage 1 Metal Pokémon, & Diagla GX.

Don’t blame me if you think Zard is bad.
Blame PTCG for adding in crappy fire coverage options.
Zard is like the best Fire coverage tech. option.

And the OP isn’t confined in only using Sylveon as a pair.
He can chose the option which best fits his playing style.

No deck is unbeatable.
Sylveon has it faults!
Sylveon is weak to metal.
Sylveon can only do 110 Damage.
110 Damage isn’t even a 2 shot on 250 HP Metagross.

Lastly, I would like to say.
I think using Charizard has a tech. option in Gardevior deck is bloody brilliant!
I love Charizard!
I love old school Pokémon!

Those metal decks should be afraid!
I don’t own a Gardy deck, but if I did.
I wouldn’t mind trying Zard out.
Zard can put those metal decks on notice!
It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

05 August 2018 - 02:09 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

And where did OP specifically mention he doesn’t want a fire type?

The OP has a Fire Pokémon in his deck right now!

I gave the OP several different options which is what I’m supposed to do.

I said he can pair Gard with the 2 common pairs TalonFlame & Sylveon

Or

If he prefers a fire type to deal with Gard Metal weakness, He can use Charizard EX.

Charizard EX is better than Delphox!

I already explain why Delphox is inferior to Charizard vs. Metal Decks.

Why are you so against the OP having a coverage Pokémon in his deck?

The OP can have a Zard has a coverage Pokémon.

Zard is the best coverage option.

Zard doesn’t require Fire energy, Rainbow energy, or any other type of Special energy.

You can use Fairy & DCE.

Zard is a basic Pokémon which doesn’t take much Deck space.

Zard’s Attack can 1 shot tons of Babies, Stage 1 Metal Pokémon, & Diagla GX.

Don’t blame me if you think Zard is bad.

Blame PTCG for adding in crappy fire coverage options.

Zard is like the best Fire coverage tech. option.

And the OP isn’t confined in only using Sylveon as a pair.

He can chose the option which best fits his playing style.

No deck is unbeatable.

Sylveon has it faults!

Sylveon is weak to metal.

Sylveon can only do 110 Damage.

110 Damage isn’t even a 2 shot on 250 HP Metagross.

Lastly, I would like to say.

I think using Charizard has a tech. option in Gardevior deck is bloody brilliant!

I love Charizard!

I love old school Pokémon!

Those metal decks should be afraid!

I don’t own a Gardy deck, but if I did.

I wouldn’t mind trying Zard out.

Zard can put those metal decks on notice!

And I already explained why Zard won't even help much because metagross GX and solgaleo (both GX and baby) cannot be OHKOed by it. It can't even OHKO Dusk Mane. Yes it will raise eyebrows but what else it's gonna do? It's just a paper tiger. Zard is not a coverage pokemon when it can't deal with the things Garde struggles to deal with. Teching in a Zard just to deal with babies and stage 1 metals is just silly. What I'm saying is that Sylveon does the same thing so much better (sure it can't OHKO Dialga and so what? It's not even remotely common) DESPITE having metal weakness, and energy evolution makes it easy to get going despite being a stage 1. Garde can't really deal with metal at all and that's why people just ******* up and hope they don't face any metal. Fortunately, all 3 standard metal archetypes (metagross, solgaleo snd dusk mane) aren't very common in the competitive scene.

110 not a 2 shot on Metagross? What is choice band? Sylveon is OHKOed by Metagross, Solgaleo and Dusk Mane. But Zard gets OHKOed by them too. Now what?

Just because OP has a fire type in his deck doesn't mean he specifically wants one. Maybe he just saw some synergy with Garde's ability and Delphox's psystorm. The fact that Delphox is fire is just a little icing on the cake.

Reminder that there is a Solgaleo GX yet to be released that is basically Turbo Storm Rayquaza on steroids, has 250 HP and gives all allies NO WEAKNESS. And it OHKOes Garde with a single DCE.

Try finding another coverage pokemon. Zard is not one of them.

Edited by BowserLuigi, 05 August 2018 - 02:12 AM.

06 August 2018 - 01:04 AM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay

Random....

Try finding another coverage pokemon. Zard is not one of them.

Be our guest!
Be our guest!
PUT YOUR TALENTS TO THE TEST!

I say Charizard EX is the best.

06 August 2018 - 02:11 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

Be our guest!
Be our guest!

You might as well tech in a Mew2 as a one-prize attacker against Buzzvole GX, the aforementioned Sylveon GX for utility or Sudowoodo to be slightly more annoying instead of focusing on the impossible (i.e. Improve metal matchup for Garde)

Edited by BowserLuigi, 06 August 2018 - 02:15 AM.

06 August 2018 - 03:33 PM

Pokegen85

Trainer

• Pokegen85

Be our guest!
Be our guest!

Darn it Player_Jay, you’ve made me do a spit take. Now I need to clean my computer screen. :(

06 August 2018 - 08:52 PM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay

You might as well tech in a Mew2 as a one-prize attacker against Buzzvole GX, the aforementioned Sylveon GX for utility or Sudowoodo to be slightly more annoying instead of focusing on the impossible (i.e. Improve metal matchup for Garde)

Your previous statement said to find another coverage Pokémon.
The Pokémon you have to cover is Gardevior.
You have to cover the Metal Weakness.
You need a Fire Pokémon to cover Gardevior because the majority of the Metal decks are weak to Fire.

-Mew2 doesn’t cover Metal.
Mew2 is mostly commonly seen in Zoroark decks.
Mew2 is used to cover Dark Pokémon(Zoroark).

Dark Pokémon are weak to Fighting Type.
Fighting Type is weak to Psychic Type.

-Sylveon is weak to Metal.
Sylveon isn’t used to Cover anything in a Gardevior Deck.
Sylveon is used to search out combo pieces to speed up the deck.

-Sudowood doesn’t cover Metal.
Sudowood has been seen in a few decks.
The most common is Zoroark Counter Deck.

Sudowood is used to help in the Zoroark Mirror Match.
Sudowood is acting as a Counter, not a Coverage.
It counters rival Dark Pokémon.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT A COVERAGE POKÉMON EVEN IS?

I feel like you are muttering Mew2, Sylveon, and Sudowood because you heard other great Pokémon players mention them.

However, it is clear to me that you don’t really understand why those Pokémon are being used.
They can be coverage Pokémon for specific types.
Those types are not in line with Gardevior.

You spent all this time telling me Charziard is a Bad Coverage Pokémon for Gardevior.
Than you give examples which are not even coverage Pokémon.
What do you gain by making yourself look foolish?

I told you from the very beginning that I looked at all the different Fire Pokémon in Standard.
I checked several times.

Out of all the different Fire Type Pokémon, Charizard seemed to be the most versatile.
It helps cover Gardevior.
I feel it is the best option.

I will say I did see a few other Fire Coverage options.
However, you will have to use Fire Energy or Special Energy in order to attack with them.
-Charizard EX can be used for it first Attack which is 3 Colorless.
-Charizard EX is Basic Pokémon.
-Charizard will do a solid amount of damage 120-180.

The investment in this Pokémon is extremely low.
It doesn’t take up many slots.
It doesn’t force you to run other energy types or other special energy types.

In addition, you do have the option to use the second attack if you really wanted too.
You would have to alter the deck to allow the use of Zard second attack.

However, The second attack would wipe out all Metal Pokémon in game with a damage out put of 300.
Charizard EX is giving you options.

Edited by Player_Jay, 06 August 2018 - 09:01 PM.

06 August 2018 - 10:12 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi
^ And how many times have I told you that Zard is an inefficient 'coverage' pokemon. You can't cover metal weakness like that. I also explained why 120-180 is not good enough. And I'm pretty sure you can see something wrong with taking 3 turns to charge up Combustion Blast.

So how am I supposed to know what you mean by 'coverage pokemon'? Do you realize you're the only person to use the term in PTCG? People don't call 'coverage pokemon'... whatever you call them. We call them 'techs'. They are meant to help agaisnt specific matchups. Thus, Mew2 'covers' Buzzvole GX. Sudowoodo 'covers' Zoroark GX (and annoys all decks in general; it has been seen in Garde decks before).

There are decks that play Mew2 and aren't weak to fighting. So according to you, Mew2 is not a coverage pokemon to them? Even though it helps in the matchup against Buzzvole GX?

You claim I don't understand why Mew2 and Sylveon and others are being used? Man... Take a look at yourself and ask why no one, NO ONE, uses Zard in a Garde deck. Because I don't think you understand why that card is so bad at whatever task you assign it to do. You keep saying you looked through all possible cards and yes we understand that. But realize that your 'best' option (i.e Zard) is still not good enough. What would you do if all the available 'coverage' pokemon are not up to the task? You... simply don't use them.

07 August 2018 - 12:20 AM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay

^ And how many times have I told you that Zard is an inefficient 'coverage' pokemon. You can't cover metal weakness like that. I also explained why 120-180 is not good enough. And I'm pretty sure you can see something wrong with taking 3 turns to charge up Combustion Blast.
So how am I supposed to know what you mean by 'coverage pokemon'? Do you realize you're the only person to use the term in PTCG? People don't call 'coverage pokemon'... whatever you call them. We call them 'techs'. They are meant to help agaisnt specific matchups. Thus, Mew2 'covers' Buzzvole GX. Sudowoodo 'covers' Zoroark GX (and annoys all decks in general; it has been seen in Garde decks before).
There are decks that play Mew2 and aren't weak to fighting. So according to you, Mew2 is not a coverage pokemon to them? Even though it helps in the matchup against Buzzvole GX?
You claim I don't understand why Mew2 and Sylveon and others are being used? Man... Take a look at yourself and ask why no one, NO ONE, uses Zard in a Garde deck. Because I don't think you understand why that card is so bad at whatever task you assign it to do. You keep saying you looked through all possible cards and yes we understand that. But realize that your 'best' option (i.e Zard) is still not good enough. What would you do if all the available 'coverage' pokemon are not up to the task? You... simply don't use them.

Zard covers perfectly!
Zard 1 shots Diagla GX
Zard 1 shots Basic & Stage 1
Zard 2 shots every thing else unless your deck list does second attack.

You are trolling us at this point, BrowserLuigi!
People have used the word coverage for 20 years.
Don’t push off your knowledge inadequacies on me.

In addition, the word Tech. is used as a broad term.
It incompasses many things such as:

-Coverage Pokémon
-Counter Pokémon
-Resistance Pokémon
-Immunity Pokémon
-Player preferences.

Resistance & Immunity are not that important in the psychical card Pokémon game.
Resistance & Immunity are very important in the game boy Pokémon game.

07 August 2018 - 02:08 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

Zard covers perfectly!
Zard 1 shots Diagla GX (irrelevant and rarely used. And you still need to Guzma it out before it Timeless GXes in your face, since it will almost never come out to the active on its own if it can't timeless. Oh and it is often paired with Magnezone)
Zard 1 shots Basic & Stage 1 (so can many pokemon, and fails to OHKO tankier basic metals such as Solgaleo Prism Star and Registeel. It can't even OHKO Cosmoem )
Zard 2 shots every thing else unless your deck list does second attack (if you can only 2HKO your target with 2 energy attachments without offering any other utility and you cost 2 prize cards, AND your intended targets can easily OHKO you, you're a bad EX/GX. And as mentined Combustion Blast is too slow)

How is this perfect coverage? You have failed to convince me (and other people) that Zard is a good coverage pokemon.

Also hardly anyone uses the term 'coverage' in PTCG. This is not the same game as the main pokemon games and you should not assume that the terms used there can be applied here as well. If you consider Zard a coverage pokemon in a Garde deck, then so is Mew2 in the same deck. It's not like Garde can handle Buzzvole very well either, so why wouldn't Mew2 be considered coverage against something it doesn't do that well against? Or to give a more apt example, isn't Gallade a coverage pokemon in a Garde deck as well since it can OHKO Zoroark GX, alolan ninetales and hoopa?

Edited by BowserLuigi, 07 August 2018 - 02:16 AM.

07 August 2018 - 07:53 AM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay

How is this perfect coverage? You have failed to convince me (and other people) that Zard is a good coverage pokemon.

Also hardly anyone uses the term 'coverage' in PTCG. This is not the same game as the main pokemon games and you should not assume that the terms used there can be applied here as well. If you consider Zard a coverage pokemon in a Garde deck, then so is Mew2 in the same deck. It's not like Garde can handle Buzzvole very well either, so why wouldn't Mew2 be considered coverage against something it doesn't do that well against? Or to give a more apt example, isn't Gallade a coverage pokemon in a Garde deck as well since it can OHKO Zoroark GX, alolan ninetales and hoopa?

You don’t know what a coverage Pokémon is.

It’s not your fault that you don’t know.
Many people don’t teach others in Pokémon terminology.
It rarely gets mentioned or even talked about.

I will explain what a coverage Pokémon is so you can finally understand.
The OP deck is mainly a Gardevior Deck.
A coverage Pokémon is used to cover the primary Pokémon which is Gardevior in this case.

Gardevior has weakness to Metal Pokémon.
If it fights Metal Pokémon, They will do double damage hurting Gardevior.
What you want is a Pokémon that can shield/cover Gardevior so it isn’t getting hit for double damage.

Gardevior is Fairy Pokémon
Fairy Pokémon are weak to Metal Pokémon.
Metal Pokémon are weak to Fire Pokémon.
The best way to cover Gardevior is to get a Fire Pokémon.

Metal does double damage to Gardevior.
We want a Pokémon that does double damage Metal.
We are looking for Pokémon that is the weakness of our weakness.
Why?

Because when ever we face a Metal Pokémon.
We want to bring out our Fire Pokémon to cover our Fairy Pokémon.
This is why it called “Coverage”.
Our Fire Pokémon is covering our Fairy Pokémon.

Mew2 is a Coverage Pokémon for Dark Type Pokémon.
Dark Pokémon are weak to Fighting.
Fighting Pokémon are weak to Psychic.
Our Psychic Pokémon(Mew2) is covering our Dark Pokemon.

Mew2 isn’t a Coverage Pokémon in a Gardevior Deck.
Mew2 would be a Counter Pokémon in a Gardevior Deck.
Why?

Because Buzzwole GX does neutral damage to Gardevior.
It isn’t double damage.
It is regular damage.

A Pokémon is expected to be able to deal with regular/neutral damage.
A Pokémon isn’t expected to be able to deal with double/weakness damage.

Mew2 isn’t covering Fairy.
Mew2 is being used as a Counter.
It’s a Counter Pokémon used to Counter a specific match up.

COVERAGE VS. COUNTER

Coverage Pokémon rarely change.
The majority of Fairy Pokémon are inheritly weak to Metal.
The majority of Fire Pokémon are inheritly good vs Metal.
Fire Pokémon will always be great Fairy coverage partners.
The game designed every Pokémon type to have weakness & strength.
The weakness & strengths rarely change.

Counter Pokémon often change.
Counter Pokémon change as the meta changes.
Mew2 is played to counter a popular meta deck Buzzwole.
When Buzzwole falls out of the meta spot light, Players will use a new Counter.
The new counter will be used against the new meta deck.

Edited by Player_Jay, 07 August 2018 - 07:55 AM.

07 August 2018 - 10:27 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi
^Geez.. I know what your definition of coverage pokemon means ok? I'm not dumb enough not to know that Garde is weak to metal and that metal is weak to fire. I'm just saying that NO ONE uses the term 'coverage' in PTCG. Same reason why few use the term 'tech' in the main games. How are you not getting this?

Also in the main games coverage often also includes hitting many types for SE in general in conjunction with STABs. It doesn't necessary mean dealing SE damage against pokes that the pokemon in question is weak to.

And this isn't even considering that the 'coverage' pokemon in question isn't even pulling its weight to begin with. You don't call Ember on a fairy type a coverage move just because it is SE against steel.

Edited by BowserLuigi, 07 August 2018 - 10:29 AM.

08 August 2018 - 12:03 AM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay
The purpose of this forum is to help the OP deck.
Delphox isn’t a very effective partner for Gardevior.
It causes the deck to be really bogged down with to many evolution lines.

-Charizard EX is a better coverage partner.
-TalonFlame & Sylveon are better speeding up partners.

^Geez.. I know what your definition of coverage pokemon means ok? I'm not dumb enough not to know that Garde is weak to metal and that metal is weak to fire. I'm just saying that NO ONE uses the term 'coverage' in PTCG. Same reason why few use the term 'tech' in the main games. How are you not getting this?

You are wrong.
Pokémon players have used both terms in Pokémon TCG & Simulators for 20+ years.
I know because I have played both.

Also in the main games coverage often also includes hitting many types for SE in general in conjunction with STABs. It doesn't necessary mean dealing SE damage against pokes that the pokemon in question is weak to.

And this isn't even considering that the 'coverage' pokemon in question isn't even pulling its weight to begin with. You don't call Ember on a fairy type a coverage move just because it is SE against steel.

You have no clue what your talking about.
Just stop talking about stuff you clearly don’t know!

STABS are Psychical Attack’s in Battle Simulation.
Fairy Pokémon are more valued as Special Attack’s.
Pokémon players generally max out EV’s in Fairy Pokémon Special Attack stats.

The main Coverage Fire move used by Fairy Type Pokémon in Battle Simulation is Hidden Power - Fire.
Hidden Power - Fire is a Special Attack.
It is Super Effective.

The best Fairy Pokémon in Battle Simulation is Xearneas.
Geomancy - Xearneas can be extremely devastating.
I have won hundreds of battles with Xearneas.
It can sweep entire Pokémon teams if given the proper set up.
Xearneas can 1 Shot kill or at very least 2 Shot kill all Steel Pokémon with proper set up.

I love playing in the UBER tier.
Hidden Power - Fire is a move Xearneas could learn if it was trying to counter:
-Ferrothorn
-Mega Scizor
-Genesect
It can 1 shot all the above Pokémon.

-Necrozma - Dusk Mane
-Mega Metagross
-Aegislash
It can 2 shot all the above Pokémon.

I, personally, don’t run Hidden Power - Fire on my Xearneas.
The main reason is because I run Primal Groudon.
Primal Groudon is Ground/Fire Type.
I can use him to OTK Steel with a Fire move.

Hidden Power - Fire is considered a coverage move for Xearneas.
It is an extremely good move.
It is 100% playable.

Sadly, Most people in the UBER Tier don’t need to use Hidden Power - Fire on Xearneas.
The main reason they don’t use it is because of Primal Groudon.
They would just switch into Primal Groudon.

Primal Groudon is consider the Top Exellence of the UBER Tier Meta Game.
All Meta Pokémon teams run him with really no exception’s.

PDon - Ground Type makes him an excellent Stealth Rock setter.
PDon - Fire Type makes him an excellent Steel Check.
PDon - Bulky-ness in High Attack & Special Attack can make him a devastating Wall Breaker.
PDon can power through the opponent Pokémon.

The Steel Type is considered to be the strongest type in Pokémon Simulation.
Fairy & Dragon Type are the respect 2nd & 3rd place types.

Edited by Player_Jay, 08 August 2018 - 12:22 AM.

08 August 2018 - 01:15 AM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

Folks,

This is a friendly reminder to please be respectful to each other. 

Moderator RedDragon
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

08 August 2018 - 01:37 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

The purpose of this forum is to help the OP deck.
Delphox isn’t a very effective partner for Gardevior.
It causes the deck to be really bogged down with to many evolution lines.

-Charizard EX is a better coverage partner.

Yes, Delphox is not a good partner. No one said it is. But Zard isn't any better. At least Delphox OHKOes Metagross and Solgaleo which Zard cannot do. This makes Zard at least as worse as Delphox, and likely even worse because why tf are you even using Zard at all? It doesn't OHKO anything noteworthy. It is easily OHKOed in return. Most of the time you will not even what to throw it down on the bench. Why is it even there?

You are wrong.
Pokémon players have used both terms in Pokémon TCG & Simulators for 20+ years.
I know because I have played both.

I'm more like 17+ years (well....not the simulation part, since I'm not aware that they exist THAT early, but I do play the main games). And as far as I'm concerned the term 'coverage' is rarely ever used in PTCG.

You have no clue what your talking about.
Just stop talking about stuff you clearly don’t know!

STABS are Psychical Attack’s in Battle Simulation.
Fairy Pokémon are more valued as Special Attack’s.
Pokémon players generally max out EV’s in Fairy Pokémon Special Attack stats.

Do YOU even know what you're talking about? How can you play simulations for 20+ years and still don't know what STAB means?

STAB is an acronym for Same Type Attack Bonus. STABs aren't just physical attacks. For example, Gardevoir is psychic and fairy type. Her STABs are therefore psychic and fairy. Thus, both Moonblast and Psychic are STAB moves for Gardevoir. Why do I even need to explain this....

I love playing in the UBER tier.
Hidden Power - Fire is a move Xearneas could learn if it was trying to counter:
-Ferrothorn
-Mega Scizor
-Genesect
It can 1 shot all the above Pokémon.

-Necrozma - Dusk Mane
-Mega Metagross
-Aegislash
It can 2 shot all the above Pokémon.

I, personally, don’t run Hidden Power - Fire on my Xearneas.
The main reason is because I run Primal Groudon.
Primal Groudon is Ground/Fire Type.
I can use him to OTK Steel with a Fire move.

Hidden Power - Fire is considered a coverage move for Xearneas.
It is an extremely good move.
It is 100% playable.

Sadly, Most people in the UBER Tier don’t need to use Hidden Power - Fire on Xearneas.
The main reason they don’t use it is because of Primal Groudon.
They would just switch into Primal Groudon.

Primal Groudon is consider the Top Exellence of the UBER Tier Meta Game.
All Meta Pokémon teams run him with really no exception’s.

PDon - Ground Type makes him an excellent Stealth Rock setter.
PDon - Fire Type makes him an excellent Steel Check.
PDon - Bulky-ness in High Attack & Special Attack can make him a devastating Wall Breaker.
PDon can power through the opponent Pokémon.

The Steel Type is considered to be the strongest type in Pokémon Simulation.
Fairy & Dragon Type are the respect 2nd & 3rd place types.

And what does all this have any relevance to PTCG, and Zard being good in a Garde deck? And I already know all of these things without you telling me (except the part where you said steel is the best; that is rather debatable).

Edited by BowserLuigi, 08 August 2018 - 01:38 AM.

08 August 2018 - 04:54 AM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay

Yes, Delphox is not a good partner. No one said it is. But Zard isn't any better. At least Delphox OHKOes Metagross and Solgaleo which Zard cannot do. This makes Zard at least as worse as Delphox, and likely even worse because why tf are you even using Zard at all? It doesn't OHKO anything noteworthy. It is easily OHKOed in return. Most of the time you will not even what to throw it down on the bench. Why is it even there?

Charizard is 100% better than Delphox.
Delphox is slow because it Stage 2.
Delphox takes same attack cost as Zard.
Delphox is so bad.

Your giving the OP bad advice.
Telling the OP, Delphox is better than Charizard.
How can you even say such things knowing how bad Delphox is.

———————————————

I know what STAB’s are.
Your the one trying to use Ember on Fairy Pokémon.
Let it go, man!

Edited by Player_Jay, 08 August 2018 - 04:57 AM.