[CARD] Protection Cube (FLF #95) - (Not Sure) Protection Cube Issue?

• Please log in to reply

29 July 2018 - 08:35 PM

PikaChoooTrain

Rookie Trainer

• PikaChoooTrain

Hello. I have an issue with using the Protection Cube tool card. Now, I might be completely wrong and the card doesn't work like this; however I'd like to know if this is a bug or if its meant to be this way. I equipped my protection cube card (95/106) onto my MewEX the correct energy to use all my opponent's attacks and they were all listed as possible attacks for Mew EX. However, when my opponent used one of their attacks which Mew EX can use, it still did damage even though the tool card states: "Prevent all damage done to this pokemon by attacks it uses" and Mew EX can use these attacks so I'm a little confused. Can someone please tell me if this is an actual bug or rules of the game that the Protection Cube doesn't work with MewEX... Thanks. I hope I've explained my issue well enough.

Edited by PikaChoooTrain, 29 July 2018 - 08:36 PM.

29 July 2018 - 08:50 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

You misunderstood the card.

Protection Cube prevents your Pokemon from hurting itself with his attacks.

“Prevent all damage done to the Pokémon this card is attached to by attacks it uses”

So if you where to use an attack that deals X damage to your opponent but also Y damage to your own Pokemon, you'd prevent said Y amount of damage. Protection Cube doesn't protect you from your opponents attacks.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

29 July 2018 - 08:57 PM

PikaChoooTrain

Rookie Trainer

• PikaChoooTrain

Ohhhhhhhhhh right. Thanks!

30 July 2018 - 02:13 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Thanks for the quick clarification Felidae.

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

30 July 2018 - 02:42 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello PikaChoooTrain,

I have updated the title of your thread to match the format used by this subforum.

Here is the card in the database: https://www.pokemon....-series/xy2/95/

Thanks!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!