From what I can tell, the Meta will need another Fighting Type deck to replace the loss of a Buzzwole. Zoroark decks will obviously just run Lycanroc GX more commonly, but what about non-Zoroark GX decks?
I feel as though decks such as Lycanroc GX, Lucario GX and Garchomp (Fighting) could possibly see some play during the next format. However; this could not be the case. As we all know: Making a deck to counter one particular deck is never a good idea.
It will be more likely that a deck such as Ultra Beast Tool Box will take the place of Buzzwole because they themselves are an incredibly versatile deck. Also, they can run Buzzwole.
Note: I know I said that Buzzwole would die. What I meant to say was that Buzzwole focused decks will be no where near as good as current Buzzwole decks. Decks that can tech in a Buzzwole or two should still be able to be viable.
My predictions of what decks will be most likely be played post rotation are as follows:
- Metagross GX (Solid deck that can make use of Stevens resolve. Not to mention it counters Gardivoir GX)
- Ho-Oh GX (If Metagross becomes somehow meta, this deck could be used to counter it)
- Dragons (Decks that use Dragonite GX/Raquaza GX could definitely br a threat)
- Gardivoir (This will most probably be played to counter Dragon decks. Even against non Dragon decks, this deck can really hold its own)
- Zoroark GX (Obviously)
- Sceptile GX (The recently announced Grass support will really help this deck out)
- Tapu Bulu GX (The recently announced Grass support will really help this deck out)
I’d like to end this post by asking a question. What decks will you be playing post rotation? Why?
Edited by Aduitt, 30 July 2018 - 06:42 AM.
See You Space Cowboy...