Fix Concede

• Please log in to reply

23 July 2018 - 09:07 AM

KianEndacott

Novice Trainer

• KianEndacott

Can you please fix the way that Concede works.  

I've been stuck trying to do two Challenges for three days because each time I evolve to Garchomp my opponent concedes during my turn, so I don't get to do any damage or knock them out!

Sure, allow a person to concede during my turn, but surely I should be allowed to finish my turn and get credit for building a strategy.  

It's hard enough trying to complete the challenge with the card draw (I've not had Gible appear in my starting hand for 70 consecutive games using this deck during challenges) to then have another barrier thrown in the way.  

And, because I've got those two plus a third filling up space, I can't get any new challenges to replace them.

Edited by KianEndacott, 23 July 2018 - 09:08 AM.

23 July 2018 - 07:37 PM

sterlingW

Expert Trainer

• sterlingW

Its part of the Pokemon TCG rules - Regardless they have right to surrender at anytime.

If they are losing they will not waste time waiting for winners do extra unnecessary steps before doing the winning blow.

Pokemon Trading Card Online Early Closed Beta Tester

Pokemon Trading Card  Favorite Game Style : Unlimited Format

From Pokemon TCGO (Flash Player) Beta Test to Pokemon TCGO (Unity 3D) Beta Test

23 July 2018 - 08:07 PM

The_Real_Bug

Expert Trainer

• The_Real_Bug

You CAN'T force anyone to stay on a losing game.

Get over it and keep trying.

Don't follow the trends, follow my threads

23 July 2018 - 09:55 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Heh. Just today, someone evolved to Garchomp, I knocked it out with a deck not meant to do any damage, and they conceded, preventing me from completing my own challenge of playing 10 Fairy evolutions.

People concede to any Garchomp that stands a chance of working because they're sick of the deck.

Stomp Garchomp.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

24 July 2018 - 03:34 AM

sterlingW

Expert Trainer

• sterlingW

Yup its part of TCG Rules cant do anything about it,beside the people who surrendering will allow you to get more rewards even if just 5 coins sadly.

24 July 2018 - 04:05 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

What many people have suggested already is (if it is the non-conceding player's turn) to let the conceding player immediately quit, but let the 'victory' star pop up only after the non-conceding player's current turn ends

24 July 2018 - 04:16 AM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

What many people have suggested already is (if it is the non-conceding player's turn) to let the conceding player immediately quit, but let the 'victory' star pop up only after the non-conceding player's current turn ends

but what if the non conceding player loses during his/her turn. what if they run out of time or kill off there own pokemon or remove their last pokemon off the board.

i can already see many people complaining about these scenarios and how they should of won since the other person conceded but they lost instead.

24 July 2018 - 04:29 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

but what if the non conceding player loses during his/her turn. what if they run out of time or kill off there own pokemon or remove their last pokemon off the board.

i can already see many people complaining about these scenarios and how they should of won since the other person conceded but they lost instead.

They could default it to 'win' no matter the outcome.

The only concern would be whether the devs can actually implement this correctly without having the exact opposite effect.

24 July 2018 - 04:31 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

The other player (the concession) would already be gone, since they quit.  How would they know what happened after that?  It would be a win for the remaining player, regardless, but allowing them to finish evolving, etc. does seem like a fair way to improve Daily Challenges.

Like BowserLuigi suggested, I'm guessing it's more trouble than it's worth code-wise.

Edited by RobRatt, 24 July 2018 - 04:34 AM.

24 July 2018 - 07:22 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

If, to the remaining player, the conceding player behaved just as though they had disconnected until their turn came up, that would solve the problem of players deliberately conceding quickly to prevent the other from getting damage or KO points.

If something else were meant to happen before their turn, it would happen just as a disconnect situation does.

On player A's turn, player X concedes.
Trigger the disconnect protocol for player A, while player X goes to the end screen.
On player X's turn, trigger the concede routine.

Edited by SandaledOtter, 24 July 2018 - 07:23 PM.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

24 July 2018 - 07:39 PM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

at the end of the day, nothing has changed. this topic comes up very often. just have a look at past thread history and you will see lots of the exact same thing.  just start a new game and finish your challenge. coming on here and complaining has done absolutely nothing. the developers have better things to do then care about your challenges.  keep complaining and they may just remove the challenges completely. #truth

24 July 2018 - 10:06 PM

Jigglypuffan

Expert Trainer

• Jigglypuffan

keep complaining and they may just remove the challenges completely. #truth

xd with ptcgo , your 100% right.. 

you should not complaint or we will lose daily challenge like we lose gaming chat.

25 July 2018 - 12:50 PM

Wise_Sage

Rookie Trainer

• Wise_Sage
As mentioned in your other post, I agree with you 100%. It is frustrating, and makes me want to quit. If you are having trouble with the dragon daily challenge, wait till you try the metal or fairy challenge.

My suggestion is to make the garchomp standard deck. It is cheap to create, and you definitely get the Gible out with the standard build. I found people are less likely to concede in standard. I think the theme deck play mode is filled with newbies that get excited on getting a LOCKED Lucario EX that that are offering in the ladder match. I hardly encounter anyone conceding with garchomp standard, mainly because it is an inferior deck. I want to build a metal deck in standard mode, but it is more expensive to create.

29 July 2018 - 10:40 PM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay
If I was a Developer, I would tell you the truth!

The truth is we made the DAILY CHALLENGES so that they are an actual CHALLENGE!
It’s not called the DAILY FUN TIME!

Are you struggling to do your CHALLENGES?
Are the CHALLENGES to hard for a fragile beginner Pokémon player such as you?

I would like to direct you to the trash can CHALLENGE icon.
We made a wimp cause in our CHALLENGES section.
If a CHALLENGE is to much for you to handle, you can trash can it.
Than you can wait for an easier one to come.

As a Developer, We sympathize with our fragile Pokémon players!
We try to make an enjoyable experience.

Edited by Player_Jay, 29 July 2018 - 10:49 PM.

It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

30 July 2018 - 12:21 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

I would like to direct you to the trash can CHALLENGE icon.
We made a wimp cause in our CHALLENGES section.
If a CHALLENGE is to much for you to handle, you can trash can it.
Than you can wait for an easier one to come.

As a Developer, We sympathize with our fragile Pokémon players!
We try to make an enjoyable experience.

Hmm, this is straying a bit from fixing "conceding," but it got me thinking.  I don't know, maybe my situation is more unique than I realize, but I'm guessing it's not.

It sure would be nice if the Devs could make the game MORE challenging.  Once you hit Level 30, the Daily Challenges don't have much zest, and it's "ho hum, what next?"  Yes, maybe I play PTCGO too much, and need to find a new game entirely.

Right now, I'm at the very top of the VS Ladder, and could care less about the rest of it.  Eight more days to go, and once you get past the 10 Event Tickets prize, the rest doesn't matter.  (ooh, shudders, ...more tokens, trade-locked booster packs and a trade-locked Supporter).

Even after buying the remaining Theme Decks I was missing in the Shop, I'm back up to 23,000 Tokens (25k is the max), and buying trade-locked booster packs is, ...well ...dumb.  There's absolutely nothing I need all of these Tokens for.  Why did they ever get rid of promo bundles, with at least the chance to get new sleeves or something?

I fully understand the main reason for this game, as an intro, marketing tool, and practice.  But, maybe it's time for someone to look twice at keeping the game challenging (interesting, fun, exciting) for more seasoned players.  Playing the card game is fun in itself, but without real-life opponents, this video game could use a facelift.

Edited by RobRatt, 30 July 2018 - 05:44 AM.

30 July 2018 - 07:32 AM

Mod_Vengr

• Mod_Vengr

Hello KianEndacott,

Thank you for your feedback on this matter. As other users have explained, this is an actual part of the game.

But I'd like to thank you all for discussing this, I will share your thoughts with the devs!

Moderator Vengr
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

"I see now that one's birth is irrelevant, it is what you do, that determines who you are" - Mewtwo

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

30 July 2018 - 03:33 PM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay

...But I'd like to thank you all for discussing this, I will share your thoughts with the devs!

I pray you don’t share these thoughts with the developers!
You are just wasting the Developers time!
The Developer don’t need to hear our thoughts on the concede button which has been the same way for over 20+ years.

Person draws last Prize card - Game Ends - Winner by taking all of opponents Prizes.
Person can’t draw card - Game Ends - Winner by opponent deck out.
Person concede a battle - Game Ends - Winner by opponent resignation.

There is absolutely no reason for the game to continue on for either side.
There is absolutely no reason for the game to reconfigure the concede button.

This thread is a total joke.
Than you send it to the developer compounding the terrible joke.
I simply don’t understand.

Are you sending the information to the developers so that they can actually listen to this goober?
You want them to reconfigure the concede button that has been same way for 20+ years?
It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

01 August 2018 - 03:35 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

-snip-

Ah awnesli kinnot de-scern whethe or not dis is sawww-casm.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

08 August 2018 - 09:45 PM

sterlingW

Expert Trainer

• sterlingW

The Developer don’t need to hear our thoughts on the concede button which has been the same way for over 20+ years.

Person draws last Prize card - Game Ends - Winner by taking all of opponents Prizes.

Are you sending the information to the developers so that they can actually listen to this goober?
You want them to reconfigure the concede button that has been same way for 20+ years?

Yea its part of the rules, no change is necessary too, because if someone surrender they get rewards...

They even adruptly took away losers rewards.

Edited by sterlingW, 08 August 2018 - 09:46 PM.

08 August 2018 - 11:58 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

While that I really like old things myself, I disagree with the fact that because a rule is old it’s always right. I think that the idea of letting the non-condeding player end his/her turn before finishing the game is a great one, but as other trainers specified, it might be too much of a trouble code-wise.

Friendship is magic!