fastest laddering deck for standard?

• Please log in to reply

19 July 2018 - 08:03 PM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902
Hi there,

I am searching for deck suggestions for decks which are extremely fast and consistent and a high winning rate. It should be for standard. I just want to ladder fast. For tourneys I have good decks.

The cake is a lie!

20 July 2018 - 12:42 AM

EpicShonenGuy

Senior Trainer

• EpicShonenGuy

You can still use turbo darkrai ex while it's still in standard or just use buzzwole gx with max elixirs for early big knockouts your opponent's will most likely concede in the next turn.

20 July 2018 - 10:15 PM

Pokegen85

Trainer

• Pokegen85

You can still use turbo darkrai ex while it's still in standard or just use buzzwole gx with max elixirs for early big knockouts your opponent's will most likely concede in the next turn.

Both of those strategies are short term, as they going to melt away on September 1st. The max elixirs are getting thrown out of standard, as are all EX Pokémon as you mentioned. Further, Buzzwole and other fighting type Pokémon are going to be hit really hard, because strong energy is going to be rotated as well. This will reduce their damage potential considerably, making those types of decks that feature them much less formidable.

Edited by Pokegen85, 20 July 2018 - 10:17 PM.

21 July 2018 - 07:49 PM

Oldschool1990

Veteran Trainer

• Oldschool1990

Roof Fling.

Easy turn 1 win.

Got 80% winrate with that deck, altho not always on turn 1.

Idk why this deck even works, I guess people don't expect the real crazy stuff.

Specialized on Theme Deck Tournaments.

Contra principia negantem non est disputandum.

21 July 2018 - 10:31 PM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay
The fastest laddering deck for Standard is the one you love.
It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

21 July 2018 - 11:26 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

The fastest laddering deck for Standard is the one you love.

Yes. At some point, if you are winning consistently, you will reach a rank where you are matched up against others who also "always" win.

If your deck can beat itself, it can lose to itself just as easily, knocking your win rate back down toward 50%.

Anyone who is getting past this effect is doing so by losing until it goes away. Possibly deliberately.

If you're tanking your rating to target players with lower skill and/or worse decks :angry: , it doesn't matter how good you and your deck actually are.

Edited by SandaledOtter, 21 July 2018 - 11:27 PM.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

23 July 2018 - 01:34 PM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay

Yes. At some point, if you are winning consistently, you will reach a rank where you are matched up against others who also "always" win.

If your deck can beat itself, it can lose to itself just as easily, knocking your win rate back down toward 50%.

Anyone who is getting past this effect is doing so by losing until it goes away. Possibly deliberately.

If you're tanking your rating to target players with lower skill and/or worse decks :angry: , it doesn't matter how good you and your deck actually are.

I said a single statement.
Your reply to my single statement was absurd.
It also had crazy assumptions toward end.

My statement was spoken from my own experience.
I finish ladder faster using a deck I love/enjoy playing vs using a deck I hate/don’t enjoy playing.
Most people fall into a similar category.

Edited by Player_Jay, 23 July 2018 - 01:35 PM.

It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

23 July 2018 - 09:50 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

I said a single statement.
Your reply to my single statement was absurd.
It also had crazy assumptions toward end.

My statement was spoken from my own experience.
I finish ladder faster using a deck I love/enjoy playing vs using a deck I hate/don’t enjoy playing.
Most people fall into a similar category.

I was agreeing with "the one you love." The rest was general stuff, not directed at you but more at the OP's request and people who claim they have decks that always win.

23 July 2018 - 10:23 PM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay

I was agreeing with "the one you love." The rest was general stuff, not directed at you but more at the OP's request and people who claim they have decks that always win.

I see

02 August 2018 - 01:18 PM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902
Is there really no deck there for fast laddering?

The cake is a lie!

02 August 2018 - 03:33 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Is there really no deck there for fast laddering?

You can build good decks. Good decks will get you wins. You'll need to change that up as you move up the ranking, since, given equal player skill, decks will tend to cluster at similar levels if everyone just sticks with one.

If you really want "fast laddering," I suppose you could go with whatever deck people are sick of seeing at the time, in hopes that they'll just concede to you so they can get a more fun matchup. :angry:

Right now, that's probably some variation on Garchomp/Lucario, though I'm seeing some Empoleon decks now too.

They won't necessarily get you fast wins if your opponent sticks around though, and I just got 4 wins in half an hour with an old Raikou deck because people keep conceding before I can attack. (Which {is not the thing} I want, as I'm working on a 16 KO Lightning challenge!)

{Dangit, censor! I suppose I had the letters T and W in close proximity to the letters A and T, in that order, but there was a space and another letter within that two-word phrase!}

Edited by SandaledOtter, 02 August 2018 - 03:37 PM.

02 August 2018 - 04:29 PM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay
The Fastest Laddering deck is GUZZLORD!
You will win & lose super fast.
Deck list is below:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 4

* 4 Guzzlord-GX CIN 63

##Trainer Cards - 0

##Energy - 56

* 56 Darkness Energy Energy 7

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******