Players who quit.

• Please log in to reply

17 July 2018 - 06:01 AM

DailyPlanetCK

Rookie Trainer

• DailyPlanetCK
Anybody else have a problem when players concede the game? I hate it. Play it out!

17 July 2018 - 07:47 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

I tend to agree with you, but I'll let you know, we might be in the minority.  At the least, we're in a very "silent" majority (if at all).  People get very passionate when you call them poor sports.

The common argument is, and it makes sense actually, is that players are trying to gain Tokens, etc. in the VS Ladder.  They want as much reward, in as little time as possible.  If you know you're going to lose, why waste the time, rather than just go onto the next game?

But there are many times -- and yes, you can tell, even Online -- that some players are just (self-censored).  Those are the only ones that bother me. ...For example, when we've played 20+ minutes, with one Prize each, and they send you a "Well Played," thinking they have the game won, and then quit immediately when you pull a "hat trick" and the game turns.  Not everyone has the grace to lose with their chin up.

Or the guys that send massive amounts of emoji/smileys when they think they're winning and/or intimidating you.  Then when you unleash the better part of your deck (your strategy), they send a couple "angry faces" and quit.  I usually enjoy those "quitters," and often wonder what they'd think if they knew I was laughing.

Sometimes though, people just appear to quit, when they actually lost their internet connection, or there's a server glitch.  It used to frustrate me more, but knowing this, I just assume (perhaps hope) the best.

Edited by RobRatt, 17 July 2018 - 08:14 AM.

17 July 2018 - 08:05 AM

Mod_Gunning

Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Thank you very much for the enlightening post, RobRatt. DailyPlanetCK, we hope you will not feel so much frustrated next time it happens. As mentioned, a variety of reasons can cause this. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

17 July 2018 - 10:26 PM

The_Real_Bug

Expert Trainer

• The_Real_Bug

Anybody else have a problem when players concede the game? I hate it. Play it out!

You can't force anyone to continue a battle that has absolute no future.

Just take the W and move on.

Edited by The_Real_Bug, 17 July 2018 - 10:27 PM.

Don't follow the trends, follow my threads

17 July 2018 - 10:38 PM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

Anybody else have a problem when players complain about getting a win? I hate it. Take the win and be happy!

Edited by XK920XK, 17 July 2018 - 10:38 PM.

18 July 2018 - 02:19 AM

Pokegen85

Trainer

• Pokegen85

Your post has inspired me... to challenge you to a Pokemon battle! Add me as a friend and we'll have a go. I promise you that I won't concede. :D

18 July 2018 - 06:45 AM

Player_Jay

Senior Trainer

• Player_Jay

I made my own personal rule.
My personal rule is to not concede games.

Sometimes, you can make big turn around upsets.
I have won big upset battles in the past.

My opponent was down to 1 Prize card.
I had all 6 of my prizes still.
I did a well timed N which ended up bricking my opponent for several turns.
I pull off upset come from behind victory.
My opponent was in total shock.

However, I do have 1 condition.
My condition is that you make the final blow Swift & Painless.
I know when I am lost in battle.
I know when the fatal blow is about to come.

You have 1 Prize card left.
You have Pokémon that can do 100 Damage.
I have Pokémon with only 50 HP left.
I have nothing that can stop this defeat.
All you have to do is attack & win.

You know it!
I know it!

I am big enough person to let you get the finishing blow.
But....If you try to act a fool.
I will concede and deny you the final hit.

1 hit and it is over.
You won!

Instead, What do some people do?
They start playing out there entire hand.
They spend 5 mins doing a string of unnecessary plays when they have the win on board.
I considered this form of behavior showing off.

Or

What do some people do?
They spam 50 emojis for 5 mins wasting your time.
I considered this form of behavior poor sportsmanship.

I have 0 tolerance policy for show offs & poor sportsmanship.
You say “Well Played”
You do the final blow Swiftly & Painlessly out of respect.

If you can’t except this condition, than prepare to get conceded on.
Your final Attack will be denied.
It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

18 July 2018 - 09:54 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Anybody else have a problem when players complain about getting a win? I hate it. Take the win and be happy!

Anyone else have a problem with players who complain about players who "complain about getting a win?"

When I need 16 Fire KOs to complete a challenge and 3 players in a row concede as soon as Typhlosion moves into position for the first attack, it starts getting annoying.

Then again, when I see the same Fighting/Dragon deck three times in a row, I might concede just to try to find something different.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

19 July 2018 - 03:38 AM

Jammer87

Senior Trainer

• Jammer87
Sometimes, things happen that makes an opposing D/C less of a quit than him/her forced into losing for reasons beyond their control, such as power outages in their area, and not yours, opposing computer crash, among other reasons that justify the reasoning for the quit as something they did not intend to do. I propose that if the foe disconnected in such fashion, the game continues, but with the disconnected player skipped when it's otherwise their turn, so that the player still connected can produce challenge progress. Also, in such circumstances, the concede button can be replaced by an "Exit Game" button... How about that as a solution to the problem of early disconnections?

Edited by Jammer87, 19 July 2018 - 03:40 AM.

http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15227&redirect=true

^ Something I noticed after the latest patch install...

19 July 2018 - 03:17 PM

MewSevenSeven

Senior Trainer

• MewSevenSeven

It is only minor annoyance at best, and only when I try to complete KO pokemon challenges.  The (quick) VS points or Tournament win easily balances off the minor annoyance.

People like to win. Sometimes I play tier 3 decks to do the KO challenges, good enough to get 2-3 KOs but not enough to consistently win.  When the other side is winning, it is very unlikely for them to quit early.

10 August 2018 - 11:05 AM

KianEndacott

Novice Trainer

• KianEndacott

I don't have a problem with players conceding, but what I do have a problem with is players conceding on your turn just because you play certain cards.  I'm all for conceding if you know you are going to lose, but it should only be applied on the conceding players turn.  If your opponent concedes on your turn, then you should be able to play out your turn and then the concede is applied.

12 August 2018 - 11:56 PM

JigglyPuffin420

Rookie Trainer

• JigglyPuffin420

I am big enough person to let you get the finishing blow.
But....If you try to act a fool.
I will concede and deny you the final hit.

This all day. I generally only concede if I know that it is an unwinnable game, or if my opponent is obviously trying to style on me.

I don't have a problem with players conceding, but what I do have a problem with is players conceding on your turn just because you play certain cards.  I'm all for conceding if you know you are going to lose, but it should only be applied on the conceding players turn.  If your opponent concedes on your turn, then you should be able to play out your turn and then the concede is applied.

Is there a particular reason why you would want to play out your turn? Is it just to satisfy certain challenges like 'Evolve a certain type of pokemon?' Curious how you might otherwise benefit from playing out.