- - - - -

Why No Pokemon MMORPG or VR has been made yet

• Please log in to reply

14 July 2018 - 09:28 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek
Hey, pretty sure I'm not the only one hoping for a Pokemon MMORPG or VR game to be made, but wondering if Nintendo, GameFreak, The Pokemon Company, one of those companies, have anything in the works or not. So out of curiosity, I did a little research, and found some news articles about them, that included interviews with people behind Pokemon. And from the sound of things, they can make them, they have the technology to, but they're just too afraid to take a crack at it, because, according to them, and a lot of folks, might bring the fall of society, especially if they do too good of a job on the games.

Don't ask me to name my sources, because sometimes it's better for you to look them ***********. Plus, don't want to add anything that's on this website's block list.

Anyway, while the fears sounds unfounded, even ludicrous, yet at the same time, can have some truth to it. I mean, if you look back at your own past, when Pokémon first came out, or when you first started playing Pokémon, how long did you play it, or the games that came after that first game? Did you have enough self-control to take a break, or did something have to make you stop? Like a parent, or nature calling, or having to change, or recharge, the batteries? Are you still that way now? As for me, I used to be that way for at least a decade, but after awhile, I had to start living in the real world due to Pokémon not being capable of paying my rent or my bills, go figure.

Another example to include, is Pokémon Go. Remember how the first year or two was like, how big a frenzy it caused, along with some of the tragedy caused by it. Chances are, they are afraid that one of the two might be, while good for their business, but might do more serious harm when compared to Pokémon Go. Sure, might be a conspiracy theory, but hey, you never know, might have some truth to it.

15 July 2018 - 06:58 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Interesting theory. I hope they decide to make a Pokemon  VR MMO either way. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

18 November 2018 - 06:26 PM

Killua20

Rookie Trainer

• Killua20

A MMORPG would be amazing, you know, WoW style, traveling between regions, meeting new friends along the way, etc.

19 November 2018 - 02:11 AM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
I can recall having obtained this piece of information somewhere, but don't take my word for it.

So basically, they aren't making a Pokémon VR game because that it would be way too good. Like, people will stay in it for too long, explore for 3 days straight, etc...

I think that it's just generally a bad idea to implement VR into a game that features open world or the likes, as someone who has poor self control can easily spend too much time in the universe. Some gamers already spend too much time in games like Fallout or other open worlds. If these games were made to be super immersive, then there might be incidents where a player will pass out/die by playing way too long.

While that it might sound simple to make frequent breaks, some consumers do not have such self-control, and there are some cases in Asia where people literally die in front of a computer in "internet cafés" after playing for 2 days straight.

So I think that it's not about if we can develop such games, but rather, if we really want to. If you've seen Ready Player One, then you might have an idea of what I'm talking about.

Friendship is magic!