Metagross Deck

• Please log in to reply

13 July 2018 - 07:59 AM

kibby1212

Rookie Trainer

• kibby1212
I just got a Metagross from the week challenge. The problem I am running into is that I just bought a full deck that has his lower evolve forms and a few other cards I want to throw into the deck. Problem is every time I do, it says that it is not a valid deck for anything except unlimited. I want to be able to use this deck against other players. Any help would be appreciated!

13 July 2018 - 01:01 PM

Pokegen85

Trainer

• Pokegen85
Hi Kibby1212, I hope you are having a wonderful day!

I suggest clicking the “validate this deck” button again. Once you’ve done it, a chart pops up and lets you know which formats that your deck is legal for. If you click on the format you aren’t eligible for but wish to enter, a list of specific cards will populate that lets you know which cards you’ll have to remove and replace in order to make the cut. The problem could be as simple as taking one or two cards out and replacing them, or might require you give your deck a complete overhaul. Hopefully for your case it’s the former and not the latter, but without seeing your deck list, I have no idea which cards could be causing your problem. Sorry I couldn’t be more help. :(

13 July 2018 - 01:20 PM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay
You can play your Metagross deck in Standard Today!
All you have to do is follow these simple instructions:

Go To Shop > Select Deck Tab > Scroll Down To 4th Row
Buy Sun & Moon Series - Steel Sun Theme Deck

It has the right lower Evolve forms.
It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

13 July 2018 - 07:54 PM

kibby1212

Rookie Trainer

• kibby1212
The pokemon I am trying to use is Beldum and Metang. I had found out the ones given by this deck are only able to be used in legacy decks...

14 July 2018 - 03:11 AM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay

The pokemon I am trying to use is Beldum and Metang. I had found out the ones given by this deck are only able to be used in legacy decks...

You said that you got the 2 Metagross from Versus Ladder this season.

My question is did you get the 2 Solgaelo from Versus Ladder last season?
If you did, You could make a very cheap knock off deck.

I am not a huge fan of Metagross or Solgaelo, but the game gave them to me on Ladder.
I made a nice deck with them with cards I already own.
It cost me nothing except 500 poke coins.

Edited by Player_Jay, 14 July 2018 - 03:15 AM.

It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

15 July 2018 - 04:17 AM

kibby1212

Rookie Trainer

• kibby1212

You said that you got the 2 Metagross from Versus Ladder this season.

My question is did you get the 2 Solgaelo from Versus Ladder last season?
If you did, You could make a very cheap knock off deck.

I am not a huge fan of Metagross or Solgaelo, but the game gave them to me on Ladder.
I made a nice deck with them with cards I already own.
It cost me nothing except 500 poke coins.

No I had started this season. I bought the deck Chaos Control in hopes of getting the two Pokemon that evolve into Metagross. But I found out after I can only put them in a deck with a Legacy set up. I think this should be fixed or atleast have something telling us which decks they can be put into before buying them. Now I have wasted 500 coins and cant use any of the card that I got from it unless I make a whole new deck exlcuding the few good cards I have.

16 July 2018 - 07:22 AM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay

No I had started this season. I bought the deck Chaos Control in hopes of getting the two Pokemon that evolve into Metagross. But I found out after I can only put them in a deck with a Legacy set up. I think this should be fixed or atleast have something telling us which decks they can be put into before buying them. Now I have wasted 500 coins and cant use any of the card that I got from it unless I make a whole new deck exlcuding the few good cards I have.

It may be hard to see because your new.
However, it is actually a good thing that all the decks are available in shop.
A lot of players have been asking for the return of those older decks for a while.
The game didn’t have those older Theme decks in shop, It was really discouraging for older players + Legacy players + collectors.

You have to think of the long term.
You will not be a new player forever.
One day, you may become a collect.
Or
You may even decide to play legacy format.

You have to remember some people specialize in Legacy Format.
Not everyone likes Standard or Expanded.
Every person is different.
They all have there preference.

You used 500 Poke Coins to get a Legacy Theme deck.
It isn’t a waste at all.
It is a long term investment that gives you future options to play Legacy Format!
It also gives you 1 less box to collect if you decide to become a collector.
You never know what the future holds for you.

The game does a great job in giving people the chance to collect more poke coins.
They give you daily coins.
They put coins in versus Ladder.
You will get 500 coins again.

In the meanwhile, you can take this opportunity to come up with a game plan.
Think of the cards you want in your deck.
Think of the deck strategy you want in your deck.

You can even scout around to see deck list + strategy idea by other players.
You have a wealth of information at your fingertips.
You can search different deck builds.
You can even make a new topic with a deck build you have in mind.
People can offer you tips & improvements.

Most people play Pokémon as a hobby.
A hobby is something a person does to disconnect from the real world.
It gives you a chance to get away.
It is fun & it can help you relax.
It can also help you keep out of trouble.
If your playing Pokémon inside, your not outside doing something stupid getting into trouble.
It’s never a waste.

16 July 2018 - 05:06 PM

Pokegen85

Trainer

• Pokegen85
Hi Kibby1212! I was wondering if you’ve completed your Metagross deck yet. If you have, would you mind sparing a minute of your day to share the deck list in this thread? I’m interested in seeing how people are using Metagross, especially the Metagross-GX from the current versus reward ladder. Before earning the two Metagross-GX I had no intentions of making a deck featuring that card, or any steel type Pokémon for that matter. My favorite type of Pokémon is psychic, and I’m also a huge fan of Raichu, my favorite Pokémon.

I remember struggling greatly before this versus reward ladder. I had a haymaker deck made, which I discussed in the Fleetwood Mac n’ Cheese thread, that made versus battles doable but lacked consistency. This versus reward ladder was a rags to riches moment for me, because I had gained the desire to build a deck around that card and its ability. And what an ability! You can fit it in both Steel and Psychic decks, making is very versatile.

Before I end up writing a novel of a reply, I’ll cut it short here. Thank you kindly for your consideration, and I look forward to your reply. Have a great week!

03 August 2018 - 05:04 PM

kibby1212

Rookie Trainer

• kibby1212
I am still rather new at building decks but I would have to say get multiple rare candies or other good cards to get your metagross evolved quickly then keep him on your bench. I dont think this will work without getting at least 2 of them out so you might want to look into getting 4 rather then the 2 they give you for the ranking ladder. The ideal card for that set up though is Ultra Necrozma. He discards his psychic energy and get more damage for each one. Mix that with Metagross's ability is an unreal set up. Also, you can use your metagross in battle and retreat losing the energy on him while he cant attack, pull out one on your bench, and re-attach all 3 energy you just discarded back onto the new metagross. You would need 3 out for that set up though. Your best bet though (bc this set up is slow) would be to find out ways like rare candy to evolve your metagross fast and rely on your Ultra Necrozma for speed. One last idea which is not bad if you just need a little bit more is the psychic Dhelmise with steelworker. It only gives an additional 10 damage for steel pokemon but it is not altogether a bad card besides. You dont have to evolve it, it can do some damage and most importantly it gives you more damage to make sure you finish off enemy pokemon. It is not a lot but it is something to get started on and I like to build expanded decks so idk if any of these are in rotation. But I hope this helps.

Edited by kibby1212, 03 August 2018 - 05:05 PM.

05 August 2018 - 04:18 AM

Pokegen85

Trainer

• Pokegen85

I am still rather new at building decks but I would have to say get multiple rare candies or other good cards to get your metagross evolved quickly then keep him on your bench. I dont think this will work without getting at least 2 of them out so you might want to look into getting 4 rather then the 2 they give you for the ranking ladder. The ideal card for that set up though is Ultra Necrozma. He discards his psychic energy and get more damage for each one. Mix that with Metagross's ability is an unreal set up. Also, you can use your metagross in battle and retreat losing the energy on him while he cant attack, pull out one on your bench, and re-attach all 3 energy you just discarded back onto the new metagross. You would need 3 out for that set up though. Your best bet though (bc this set up is slow) would be to find out ways like rare candy to evolve your metagross fast and rely on your Ultra Necrozma for speed. One last idea which is not bad if you just need a little bit more is the psychic Dhelmise with steelworker. It only gives an additional 10 damage for steel pokemon but it is not altogether a bad card besides. You dont have to evolve it, it can do some damage and most importantly it gives you more damage to make sure you finish off enemy pokemon. It is not a lot but it is something to get started on and I like to build expanded decks so idk if any of these are in rotation. But I hope this helps.

I'd like to chime in here if I may. To begin, Ultra Necrozma GX is not the best card to partner with Metagross GX. The reason for this is that Ultra Necrozma GX has 190 hit points. It can be taken out to pasture before you can get your Metagross GX up and going. The best partner for Metagross GX is actually Solgaleo GX or another Metagross GX. Both have 250 hit points and won't be taken down as easily as Ultra Necrozma GX, whom is better paired with Malamar. Malamar is stage one, whereas Metagross GX is stage two. Sure rare candies help as you mentioned, but its much easier to get hold of an Ultra Ball or Mysterious Treasure to call up Malamar than it is to get both Rare Candy and Metagross GX to pop up the turn after you bench Beldum.