Pokémon! Cut-and-Paste

• Please log in to reply

12 July 2018 - 09:03 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Welcome, my friends, to the world hidden deep inside the songs of the Pokemon anime!  Every tune has it's face value; the words written down on the page; the orchestration the directors provide.  But every musical phrase is a piece of a puzzle- and it is our job, as the Pokéfans, to put this puzzle together.  Within every piece of art are hundreds more, which can only be let out by the complete destruction of the original- and the resurrection into an original creation.  One does not need to write a single new word to make music; for the words are all already written.  Simply find them, and put them together with the glue that is your mind, your personality, your self; and the song is complete.

In this world of cut and paste, we can find a depth the creators never intended, and we can express ourselves in a different way from ever before.  The song below, which I have entitled "Lost on a Journey," is the first of what I hope will grow to be many.  I've puttered around with this for over a year, by which I mean I've spend about five actual days working and forgot about it the rest of the time.  But if you reading this so desire, I hope your songs will soon be added to this thread, and I will be sure to link to it and give you credit in this post.

The format is simple.  Find whatever lyrics you want from the opening songs, Pikachu's Jukebox, Pokémon Kareokémon, or even exclusive CD releases.  Write them out on the left in standard song format, which of course is very adaptive to what you want it to sound like.  On the right, credit whatever song the lyric is from, using numbers to represent opening songs.  If you needed to write your own line to make a rhyme or something, that's fine also; credit as "Me" or something like that.  For example:

I wanna be the very best         1

I know I'm up to the test          18
I'll be like Kanye West              me

Part of the phenomenon          2. B. A. Master

May your imaginations run wild!

*Note: If you just barely change a line to make it fit better, put an * after the credit.

=============================================================

CURRENT SONGS:

Title---------------------Songwriter----------Post no.

"Lost on a Journey"----------SuperStone-----------------02

Oh, and there may be rewards. :) I haven't decided.

Edited by SuperStone, 13 July 2018 - 02:23 AM.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

12 July 2018 - 09:10 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Lost on a Journey

On the road far from home                                                11
But you don’t have to feel alone                                        11
Brave and strong together we’ll go on                               11*
Some-times it’s hard to know                                             12
Which way you’re supposed to go                                     12
So follow your heart, you’ll be there before long                12*

Every trainer has a choice                                                   7
To-oo listen to that voice                                                      7
And you know it’ll lead you on your way                              me
For everyone there comes a time                                        14
When the light begins to shine                                             14

(chorus)
It’s not always black and white                                             14
But your heart always knows what’s right                            14
It’s not about win or lose                                                      14
It’s the road you choose                                                       14
Let the journey begin                                                            14

On the road without direction                                               me
You can see in your reflection                                            Together We’ll Make a Promise
We have only scratched the surface                                  Together We’ll Make a Promise
Even though we’re far apart                                               Together We’ll Make a Promise
Till the end I will be with you                                                My Best Friends

(chorus)
It’s not always black and white                                            14
But your heart always knows what’s right                           14
It’s not about win or lose                                                      14
It’s the road you choose                                                      14
Let the jo-o-oo-ourney begin                                               14

Sometimes it’s hard to know                                                12
Which way you’re supposed to go                                       12
It seems that you are lost and all alone                               12
You feel it time and again                                                    18
You are afraid to begin, knowing                                          me
Danger lurks somewhere in the darkness…                        My Best Friends

When it all seems lost, out of control…                               Song of Jigglypuff
When the struggle breaks down and fear takes it’s toll…   Song of Jigglypuff
Sometimes it’s hard to know!                                               12

Sometimes it’s hard to know…                                            12
Sometimes it’s ha-a-ard to kno-ow…                                   12

(softly)
But
It’s not always black and white                                              14
And your heart always knows what’s right                            14*
It’s not about win or lose                                                        14
It’s the road you choose                                                         14
The road you choose!                                                            14

It’s not always black and white                                              14
But your heart always knows what’s right                              14
It’s not about win or lose                                                        14
It’s the road you choose                                                         14
Together
Let the journey begin                                                              14

Edited by SuperStone, 13 July 2018 - 02:26 AM.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

13 July 2018 - 06:35 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Interesting Concept. Not sure Im ready to wade into these waters yet, but Im interested to see what people come up with.

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

13 July 2018 - 11:20 AM

Mod_Gunning

Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Not sure if I completely get it, SuperStone, but will be waiting to see the replies with big interest!

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!