Price Check on Computer Search

• Please log in to reply

09 July 2018 - 10:45 PM

Pokegen85

Trainer

• Pokegen85

Hello everyone! I seem to be in need of a particular card... Computer Search to be precise, but I've no idea how much to offer for it. Would someone please help me out here so I know how much I have to save for it? Thanks so much.

09 July 2018 - 11:19 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

It's easy enough to see what cards are worth by looking in the game.

1.  Mark (or tag) the card "For Want" (with the heart symbol)

2.  In Public Offers, use the search box for >Cards >I Am Getting >For Want

In this case, most players are asking 8 Guardians Rising for theirs.  That's what you might consider Retail.  You'll be able to get it cheaper if you place your own trade offers in-game.  You can also mix & match packs (or cards) this way.

If you already own a copy of a certain card, mark (or tag) it "For Trade."  Then you can do the reverse search (>Cards >I Am Giving >For Trade) to see what other players are offering to get one.  Try to match near the top of those offers if you're in a hurry.

P.S.  It's always best to see for yourself what cards are worth,  But if you're uncertain about the process, you can always double-check a common Price Guide (google OU7C4ST).  The vast majority of players aren't very creative with their offers, and just follow this resource.  Be prepared to convert your packs into Guardians Rising values.

Edited by RobRatt, 09 July 2018 - 11:32 PM.

10 July 2018 - 12:24 PM

Pokegen85

Trainer

• Pokegen85

You've given me enough information to have a great start. I was unable to figure out how to use the search bar in public offers like you described though. Maybe If I google it, I'll find a tutorial on how trade in Pokemon TCGO works. I can't seem to find one in game. Thanks for your reply.

10 July 2018 - 05:37 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

There are a couple helpful Starter Guides at the top of this forum section.  It might be easier to look there, before you turn to Google.

As to my earlier reply, where are you getting stuck?  Did you figure out how to "tag" a card For Want?  You narrowed down the search using Card Filters, right?

I gave you directions for any card.  But, if you're looking for Computer Search, there's only one card (with that name) in the whole game.

1. Don't worry about tagging.  Maybe do that later.

2. In Public Offers, click the Cards Filter button, and "checkmark" I Am Getting.  Click the Apply Button.

3. Type in Computer Search in the search bar.  BINGO.

If you want to see what other players are offering for Computer Search...

1. You may have to "uncheck" Acceptable Trades Only (if you don't own one).

2. Click the Cards Filters button, and "checkmark" I Am Giving.  Click the Apply Button.

3. Type in Computer Search in the search bar.

You'll notice that very few people are usually looking for Computer Search, which is good for you.

Edited by RobRatt, 10 July 2018 - 05:42 PM.