Introduce a "Pokemon League" in the Events section online?

• Please log in to reply

08 July 2018 - 05:49 AM

OU7C4ST

Senior Trainer

• OU7C4ST

I just came up with this idea in game chat a little bit ago.

I was thinking maybe the game could introduce a new Event type called "Pokemon League", or something along those lines where it's a special Event/Tournament that runs multiple games at a certain time-frame of the week (Like every Saturday from 9AM to 12PM PST), and the prizes could be something exclusive.

Prize suggestions:

- Exclusive Sleeves

- Exclusive Deckboxes

- Exclusive Flipcoins

- Bring back Gem Promos

You could even introduce a new currency to be acquired through winning these special events/tournaments weekly.

Just something fresh for the game perhaps? Thanks for hearing me out. :) <3

OU7C4ST - /r/ptcgo Head Moderator
Twitch's #1 PTCGO Streamer
Founder of OU7C4ST's Card Value Guide

Check out my YT for Deck Reviews, & More!

08 July 2018 - 08:49 AM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

I like the fact that you considered the needs of all players by introducing a time frame that suits everyone and is in nowhere biased towards a certain location.

Jokes aside, special events / or even an entire league system ( as suggested before) would indeed be great, but chances of that happening are pretty much none existing.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

08 July 2018 - 12:14 PM

ElricDragonlord

Novice Trainer

• ElricDragonlord

I feel there's something missing too for the more competitive players. Maybe some big tournament, with flashy prizes based on the matches won (not straight up elimination like the small ones). Games is entertaining as it is, but some fresh air sometimes can't do harm ;)

08 July 2018 - 12:43 PM

OU7C4ST

Senior Trainer

• OU7C4ST

I like the fact that you considered the needs of all players by introducing a time frame that suits everyone and is in nowhere biased towards a certain location.

It was just an example my dude. I'm not even in Pacific Standard Time, but the offices of PTCGO Developers are if you are unaware. So to give an example based on the most likely scenario if brought to life would be most logical. <3

08 July 2018 - 01:37 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello OU7C4ST,

This is an interesting idea! I've passed this suggestion along to the development team for further review. 

Thanks!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

09 July 2018 - 02:20 AM

Princess_Aurora

Senior Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
PTCGO kinda looks like the future of Pokemon TCG in my opinion. The digital game is way more convenient than the paper game, mainly by allowing the fact that you face off opponents that aren’t in the same location as you. While that it lacks some of the feelings of paper TCG, an appropriate commenting system (explaining why you’re scooping to your opponent and laugh about it) and spectating, these features are implementable in the game if TPCi is willing to.

I’m not sure if it will be, as most of the profits come from the paper version. And even though the digital version is easier to handle, it will never have the same feeling as paper TCG where you can consider a certain card your lucky charm. Or shake hands with your adversary after a worthy match.

Pokemon TCG VR would be an interesting cross of paper TCG and digital TCG. Especially if you get to set your avatar as a Pokemon. Pokemons playing a cardgame about Pokemons. How funny would that be?

Friendship is magic!

09 July 2018 - 04:06 AM

OU7C4ST

Senior Trainer

• OU7C4ST

Pokemon TCG VR would be an interesting cross of paper TCG and digital TCG. Especially if you get to set your avatar as a Pokemon. Pokemons playing a cardgame about Pokemons. How funny would that be?

PTCGO VR would be amazing! The fact that gaming technology keeps getting better, and making us all feel closer as a community when in reality some of us don't even have a place to go to, and play the physical game itself is quite awesome.

Really gives you hope for a Ready Player One type of feeling in the near future.

- Hopefully with less violence, and not a rekt economy though, lol.

Edited by OU7C4ST, 09 July 2018 - 04:06 AM.

09 July 2018 - 01:08 PM

abinhathbour456

Elite Trainer

• abinhathbour456

I really like this idea a lot but as always nothing will change.

Member Of Top Cut And Director Of Trades.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2-ultra-prism-added/

owner of guru cave trading co. come check it out

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/45628-the-guru-cave-trading-co-gctc-back-in-business/page-1

09 July 2018 - 05:11 PM

MewSevenSeven

Senior Trainer

• MewSevenSeven

Especially when your Pokemon avatar is wearing costume based on other Pokemon(s)  :lol:

09 July 2018 - 05:49 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

I would be so into this!

I think that as time goes on and VR technology continues to improve, we are bound to get a Pokémon VR game at some point. I can't imagine that VR isn't the future of gaming!

Moderator Jynthu

14 July 2018 - 10:36 AM

OU7C4ST

Senior Trainer

• OU7C4ST

Hello OU7C4ST,

This is an interesting idea! I've passed this suggestion along to the development team for further review. 

Thanks!

Thank you for doing so. :)

14 July 2018 - 02:13 PM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

Thank you for doing so. :)

Thank you for using the forum to share your ideas. Do not hesitate to share any other thoughts you come up with.

Have a nice day!

Moderator Lyam