Can theme deck cards be used in standard?

• Please log in to reply

04 July 2018 - 03:22 PM

Mjones517

Rookie Trainer

• Mjones517
I’m new to the Pokemon TCG. I just bought the Tropical Takedown and Bright Tide decks.

For the real world tournaments, can cards from these decks be used to construct decks for standard play? Or are those cards only usable in the theme deck format?

04 July 2018 - 04:01 PM

XK920XK

Senior Trainer

• XK920XK

yes, if you purchased those decks you can use the specific cards in each of those decks to construct a standard deck.

lots of people get 2 mach strike decks and make a garchomp/lucario standard deck.

04 July 2018 - 04:10 PM

ElricDragonlord

Novice Trainer

• ElricDragonlord

I’m new to the Pokemon TCG. I just bought the Tropical Takedown and Bright Tide decks.

For the real world tournaments, can cards from these decks be used to construct decks for standard play? Or are those cards only usable in the theme deck format?

Sometimes, especially if you'd bought a old theme deck, some cards are unavailable in standard, but the new theme decks features 100% standard legal cards.

04 July 2018 - 04:15 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hi Trainers,

Thank you for the helpful responses! 

Mjones517, welcome to the game! I hope that you are enjoying it so far!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

04 July 2018 - 05:44 PM

Mjones517

Rookie Trainer

• Mjones517
Thanks everyone! I’m having a blast. :) I appreciate everyone for answering my question and being so welcoming!

05 July 2018 - 03:01 AM

Player_Jay

Trainer

• Player_Jay

I am currently doing a series which demonstrates how a Beginner can Modify Theme Decks for Standard Format.
I am hoping to do a total of 6 different Theme Decks which all come from the Sun & Moon Saga.
- Destruction Fang
- Clanging Thunder
- Mech Strike
- Imperial Command
- Twilight Rogue
- Tropical Takedown

I have currently shown 2 Theme Decks so far!

- Destruction Fang
[url]http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/63242-destruction-fang-hydreigon-standard-deck-for-beginners-beyond/[/url]

- Imperial Command
[url]http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/63170-imperial-command-empoleon-standard-deck-for-beginners-beyond/[/url]

The next one I plan to post will be based on Clanging Thunder.
It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.