Fairy Standard Deck

• Please log in to reply

04 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

ElricDragonlord

Novice Trainer

• ElricDragonlord

Hi guys and gals! I've built a fairy deck which works pretty fine in the standard ladder. I'd like to post my list so you can tell me if you've any advice to improve it!

Keep in mind that the numbers are strictly correlated to the budget!

3 Eevee SUM [one of the best versions of Eevee, simply love his ability]

3 Sylveon-GX GRI [love at first sight in conjuction with the above Eevee]

1 Hawlucha STS [good effect, low powered pokemon though]

2 Cutiefly SUM [useless pokemon, but nice evolution]

2 Ribombee BUS [Really good ability, it's worth its slots]

1 Comfey GRI [protection from effects is always welcome]

1 Diancie-EX FCO [good ability, meh attack if there isn't a stadium]

1 Gardevoir-EX STS [good pokemon, good stats, but replaceble]

1 Togekiss-EX BKP [source of ramp, didn't tested enough with it though]

1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI [why not play it if you have it?]

1 Xerneas-GX FLI [decent pokemon, good attacks and nice GX]

2 Professor's Letter [I really need those fairy energies on turn 1]

1 City Map [whatevs]

2 Minor Ball [one of the most strong cards to search for basic pokemons]

3 Field Blower [must have]

2 Enhanced Hammer [as above]

3 Evosoda [maybe not necessary, but good to search for Ribombee]

1 Ultra Ball [another good search effect, with the upside to trigger the abilities that works as you play a pokemon]

2 Fairy Garden [not that bad as an effect, and pumps Diancie attack]

2 Cynthia [a personal favorite card draw]

3 N [not only a good card draw, butgood at disrupting opponents plans too]

1 Pokemon Fan Club [one card that searches for two pokemons? not that bad]

2 Professor Sycamore [we don't have many recursions with the discard pile, but this card is always good]

1 Team Flare Grunt [I like it, sometimes it's really devastating]

3 Choice Band [our attacks aren't that strong? why don't pump them up!]

2 Wishful Baton [our energy is pretty important to not waste it, so...]

4 Double Colorless Energy

9 Fairy Energy

The main plan of the deck is to land an early eevee and evolve it into a sylveon as soon as possible, to start searching for other powerful cards (as Tapu Lele), or start attacking. The low output of damage is mitigated by Choice Band, and to glue it all together I've inserted as much card draw as possible. I've done several times the 1st-turn Eevee into an attacking Sylveon on turn 2, and it's quite powerful.

The main problem of the deck is against opposing pokemons with protection from GX/EX pokemons, so if you've some advice on how to replace some of my choices, it would be great!

Edited by ElricDragonlord, 04 July 2018 - 12:01 PM.

04 July 2018 - 08:50 PM

The_Archives

Rookie Trainer

• The_Archives
Greetings, kind sir. To counter EX/GX proof decks, I would recommend that thee use more VS Seekers and less supporters. More matter with less art, as some may say. Doing that would allow thee to use Hex Maniac, which should shut down anything with a protective ability. Thy deck also lack the Ace Spec that it’s supposed to carry, and I would recommend to make a Computer Search thine, as it’s price is pretty deflated at the moment. (around 9 GuR).

For extra flexibility, thee can use 4 VS Seekers and a whole array of supporters in thy deck, even the very situational ones such as Karen, Teammates or Pokemon Ranger.

05 July 2018 - 03:06 AM

Player_Jay

Trainer

• Player_Jay
The advice

Greetings, kind sir. To counter EX/GX proof decks, I would recommend that thee use more VS Seekers and less supporters. More matter with less art, as some may say. Doing that would allow thee to use Hex Maniac, which should shut down anything with a protective ability. Thy deck also lack the Ace Spec that it’s supposed to carry, and I would recommend to make a Computer Search thine, as it’s price is pretty deflated at the moment. (around 9 GuR).
For extra flexibility, thee can use 4 VS Seekers and a whole array of supporters in thy deck, even the very situational ones such as Karen, Teammates or Pokemon Ranger.

^ Don’t Listen
The above person is confused.
You can’t use those card in Standard.
The above person is thinking of Expanded.

Edited by Player_Jay, 05 July 2018 - 03:07 AM.

It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

05 July 2018 - 11:47 AM

ElricDragonlord

Novice Trainer

• ElricDragonlord

I thank you for your advices, maybe I could keep those in mind for an expanded version of the deck :)

Edited by ElricDragonlord, 05 July 2018 - 11:48 AM.