[Game] Bad RNG and Luck Script

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

02 July 2018 - 08:07 AM

Poked00M

Novice Trainer

• Poked00M

Is the second time i post this...
Gettin over 1200 points in the ladder in 3 days... so only bad rng and luck script for opponent.

Today is the third day i got always, i said always, only Lele and Remoraid in the first hand with the following 5 turn with deck freeze.

Stop Luck Script and Bad Rng for low ladder sunday player! is a fake game! make it real :/

02 July 2018 - 01:14 PM

MewSevenSeven

Senior Trainer

• MewSevenSeven
Create a list of every starting hand you get for all Versus games you play from now on. With that data, forum members can help you analize if the RNG is skewed or if it is just a personal bias.

02 July 2018 - 04:11 PM

Poked00M

Novice Trainer

• Poked00M

Should i put the log couse there is nothing on the card pulled?
Im still haveingthe same Lele remoraid and sometimes Shaymin...

Should i make screen shot and make full of them this post? 

Come on, like no one got the same problem.
When you got the top of the ladder if you match a low ladder player, you always got bad rng...

02 July 2018 - 04:41 PM

Poked00M

Novice Trainer

• Poked00M

How to put the screen in the post? my media? but i can upload nothings....

anyway.

18:15 only remoraid first hand, deck freeze for 2 turn, Lose
18:17 only lele first hand, deck frezze for 3 turn, win
18:30 only remoraid and lele first hand, deck freeze for 5 turn, lose

18:35 oppenent play hoopa deck, witch in prize, lose
18:38 remoraid first hand, opponent play dragalge/seviper deck, not a ralts in 6 turn, lose

18:55 remoraid first hand, two turn deck freeze, lose

18:58 a good match but connection issue 

1 hour losing time on bad rng and luck script, i got all the screenshot if you want

DEVS MAKE THIS GAME REAL BUY A NEW SERVER IS A SHAME

Edited by Poked00M, 02 July 2018 - 05:04 PM.

02 July 2018 - 05:07 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

Quick questions:

• how do you know that your opponent is lower on the ladder (and for that matter, which reason do you have to believe that your current standing in the reward ladder does even matter for your match making at all) ? ELO makes a lot more sense when it comes to match making.

• Do you consider every good hand you had previously “normal”, or “good RNG” ? When there is bad RNG you obviously also have instances of good RNG and over time the two should cancel each other out. If you only start counting the bad hands and ignore good ones, well, your results are pretty much meaningless

• Following your logic, every time you are the lower ranked players, your opponent should have bad RNG, could you observe anything that strengthens thy hypothesis ?

• Did you consider that your card ratio is simply not optimized ?

• In terms of game development, what reason do you see for implementing a luck script ? What are the benefits and why did you never benefit from it yourself ?

• Can you pass me the salt please ?

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

02 July 2018 - 07:39 PM

Poked00M

Novice Trainer

• Poked00M

wiiiiuu wiiiiuuuu the pro has come... 

if i told you that in 3 days i won all the matches getting over 1200 points and in the past 3 days i got only lele and remoraid and i havent touched my decklist, the problem is the rng.
if you match a low ladder player that starts now playing the ladder, obvl the rng gives you the same wrong hand.
i got screenshots and log,

so no im not passing any salt to you

Edit: 21:45
just for proving what i say i played a game now after your reply.
Only sudowoodo and lele first hand, bench lele, take cynthia, played it, only lele in the next hand and no others pokemon.
I only play two lele and one sudowoodo

Edited by Poked00M, 02 July 2018 - 07:47 PM.

03 July 2018 - 11:04 AM

1jav1

Rookie Trainer

• 1jav1

All deck Rng Can be fixed just by adding more pokemon like octillery and oranguru, and more Hand Reshuffle cards like Cynthia or any of the Professes, even a simple card like any of the pokeballs will help, as they cause the deck to be reshuffled.
Having to many pokemon and energy cards will stall the deck significantly, and if you have enough draw power you can get away with having less energy cards and pokemon cards.
also look at a pokemon's ability (pokeboddy, pokepower ect as it has been called in the past) a simple lele can pull any supporter card into your hand witch can be used to pull more cards into your hand, and you can use it to get stadiums on the field, a single stadium can mean the difference between winning and loosing.

As for bad RNG try flipping only 10% heads total in 20 games with a total of around 100 coin flips do the maths ;),
ps never making a deck that is relent on coin flips again.

Edited by 1jav1, 03 July 2018 - 11:05 AM.

03 July 2018 - 01:55 PM

MewSevenSeven

Senior Trainer

• MewSevenSeven
How many basics do you have in your deck? And how many drawers (Cynthia, Sycamore, Huw etc) ?

Perhaps you were just extremely lucky the first 1200 points and now the normal RNG kicked in

03 July 2018 - 03:49 PM

1jav1

Rookie Trainer

• 1jav1

How many basics do you have in your deck? And how many drawers (Cynthia, Sycamore, Huw etc) ?

Perhaps you were just extremely lucky the first 1200 points and now the normal RNG kicked in

I like to run around 15 pokemon and 12 energy the rest trainer cards, but there are many other ways it could be done experiment with it and find a pace that suits you 

03 July 2018 - 04:13 PM

MewSevenSeven

Senior Trainer

• MewSevenSeven

I like to run around 15 pokemon and 12 energy the rest trainer cards, but there are many other ways it could be done experiment with it and find a pace that suits you

Thanks for the answer but the question was actually for @Poked00M. Curious since his hand was dead after a Lele-Cynthia to get another Lele

Edited by MewSevenSeven, 03 July 2018 - 04:16 PM.

04 July 2018 - 02:36 PM

Poked00M

Novice Trainer

• Poked00M

i play this in standard:

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Zorua PR-SM SM83
* 3 Zorua SLG 52
* 3 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 4 Ralts BUS 91
* 1 Kirlia BUS 92
* 3 Gardevoir-GX BUS 159
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155

##Carte Allenatore - 32

* 2 Professor Platan STS 114
* 1 Barella BUS 165
* 2 Tonico Evolutivo GEN 62
* 3 Bendascelta GRI 121
* 3 Guzman BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Anemone BCR 149
* 2 Pietralieve BKT 137
* 3 Camilla UPR 148
* 1 Colette BKT 161
* 2 Spazzacampo GRI 163
* 2 N NVI 101
* 2 Ibis GRI 145
* 4 Caramella Rara SUM 129

##Energia - 11

* 4 Energia Incolore doppia SUM 136
* 7 Energia Folletto XYEnergy 2

Totale carte - 60

and this in expanded: 
##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 4 Ralts BUS 91
* 1 Kirlia BUS 92
* 3 Gardevoir-GX BUS 159
* 1 Sudowoodo GRI 66
* 1 Gallade BKT 84
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155
* 2 Remoraid BKT 31
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

##Carte Allenatore - 31

* 1 Professor Platan STS 114
* 1 Ricerca Computerizzata BCR 137
* 1 Barella BUS 165
* 1 Malpi BUS 142
* 1 Città Parallela BKT 145
* 1 Karen PR-XY XY177a
* 3 Bendascelta GRI 121
* 1 Acromio PLS 135
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Streghetta AOR 75
* 1 Compressore Lotta [Dotazione del Team Flare] PHF 92
* 3 Caramella Rara GRI 165
* 2 Pietralieve BKT 137
* 1 Senior & Junior PRC 160
* 2 Camilla UPR 148
* 1 Guzman BUS 143
* 1 Colette BKT 161
* 1 Spazzacampo GRI 163
* 1 N NVI 101
* 3 Cercasfide PHF 109

##Energia - 12

* 8 Energia Folletto XYEnergy 2

Totale carte - 60

///Still pulling only Lele or Shaymin or Remoraid in first hand...

04 July 2018 - 05:18 PM

MewSevenSeven

Senior Trainer

• MewSevenSeven

i play this in standard:
##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Zorua PR-SM SM83
* 3 Zorua SLG 52
* 3 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 4 Ralts BUS 91
* 1 Kirlia BUS 92
* 3 Gardevoir-GX BUS 159
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155

##Carte Allenatore - 32

* 2 Professor Platan STS 114
* 1 Barella BUS 165
* 2 Tonico Evolutivo GEN 62
* 3 Bendascelta GRI 121
* 3 Guzman BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Anemone BCR 149
* 2 Pietralieve BKT 137
* 3 Camilla UPR 148
* 1 Colette BKT 161
* 2 Spazzacampo GRI 163
* 2 N NVI 101
* 2 Ibis GRI 145
* 4 Caramella Rara SUM 129

##Energia - 11

* 7 Energia Folletto XYEnergy 2

Totale carte - 60

and this in expanded: 
##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 4 Ralts BUS 91
* 1 Kirlia BUS 92
* 3 Gardevoir-GX BUS 159
* 1 Sudowoodo GRI 66
* 1 Gallade BKT 84
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155
* 2 Remoraid BKT 31
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

##Carte Allenatore - 31

* 1 Professor Platan STS 114
* 1 Ricerca Computerizzata BCR 137
* 1 Barella BUS 165
* 1 Malpi BUS 142
* 1 Città Parallela BKT 145
* 1 Karen PR-XY XY177a
* 3 Bendascelta GRI 121
* 1 Acromio PLS 135
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Streghetta AOR 75
* 1 Compressore Lotta [Dotazione del Team Flare] PHF 92
* 3 Caramella Rara GRI 165
* 2 Pietralieve BKT 137
* 1 Senior & Junior PRC 160
* 2 Camilla UPR 148
* 1 Guzman BUS 143
* 1 Colette BKT 161
* 1 Spazzacampo GRI 163
* 1 N NVI 101
* 3 Cercasfide PHF 109

##Energia - 12

* 8 Energia Folletto XYEnergy 2

Totale carte - 60
///Still pulling only Lele or Shaymin or Remoraid in first hand...

10 basic mons are too few IMHO. At least have more Brigette/Poke fan club/nest ball. Something to get the basics up ASAP.

04 July 2018 - 09:58 PM

Poked00M

Novice Trainer

• Poked00M

mate, i play those deck irl tournament...

Did you ever see more than 10 basic pokemon in a deck? i dont think so...
look every top deck from regionals or tournaments lol

I don't play more than 1 Brigette because irl i play just one and she will go out from rotation.

The fact is, why do i pull only lele or remoraid, and not even one zorua or ralts?
irl since i started playing those decks, it may have happened only twice against the 20+ matches in a row online

05 July 2018 - 05:19 AM

MewSevenSeven

Senior Trainer

• MewSevenSeven
I checked other top Zoroak Gardevoir decks and they ran 12-13 basics and at least 3 Brigettes. But I guess you are the expert..

In any case, you can open a ticket with Pokemon and give them all of your evidence. Maybe they can do something about problem you are having.

Edited by MewSevenSeven, 05 July 2018 - 05:39 AM.

06 July 2018 - 05:20 PM

Poked00M

Novice Trainer

• Poked00M

I don't really understand where is the point of your talk.
I play 10 basics, do you really think that the deck chance with only plus two basics?!?!?

I play only one Brigette because i have only one irl, i could play 3 online. 
But I pull only lele or another useless starter (remo or shay) , and the deck is freeze (i could not play any ANY supporter) for the next 4-5 turn... i call it bad luck, 
oblv there is not luck in a virtual game, but only bad rng.

Irl i put a zorua as starter and if i have another trainer, i play ultraball for take lele and brigette and so on...

the zoro/garde deck you checked run 4 zorua 4 raltz as main attacker (like me), the other pokemons are supporter (lele, mew ex, giratina, ecc)

so... STOP LUCK SCRIPT AND BAD RNG FOR LOW LADDER SUNDAY PLAYER

06 July 2018 - 05:39 PM

XK920XK

Senior Trainer

• XK920XK

so... STOP LUCK SCRIPT AND BAD RNG FOR LOW LADDER SUNDAY PLAYER

im pretty sure the ptcgo dev staff has better things to do then make a specialized script or group a set of players into a bad/poor RNG loop.  

06 July 2018 - 05:47 PM

Poked00M

Novice Trainer

• Poked00M

wiiuuu wiuu another pc attacking :/ who cares about that XK920XK...
they are always on work like resolve all the bugs in this game (naganadel still have the wrong layer from the beginning of ultra prism) or with the menu and table layer that is the same from BW?!?!? 

the bad rng is a fact, not only me can see it.

If you can't see it you are part of the problem...

im getting 1600 with those bad rng in the mid time, where you are instead?

Now im playing buzz, oblv i still getting only lele first turn, is just one case? i dont think so

Edited by Poked00M, 06 July 2018 - 05:51 PM.

06 July 2018 - 06:19 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

wiiuuu wiuu another pc attacking :/ who cares about that XK920XK...
they are always on work like resolve all the bugs in this game (naganadel still have the wrong layer from the beginning of ultra prism) or with the menu and table layer that is the same from BW?!?!? 

the bad rng is a fact, not only me can see it.

If you can't see it you are part of the problem...

im getting 1600 with those bad rng in the mid time, where you are instead?

Now im playing buzz, oblv i still getting only lele first turn, is just one case? i dont think so

You need to stop attacking and insulting people who are just trying to tell you that there is no bias built into the RNG because it makes no sense for them to have created a biased RNG, and no one has ever produced any data to back up the claim that such a thing exists. With no data, no one can see the problem, including people who think they can.

You could be the first to collect that data, if you work at it. As an example, look at the pinned "attack coinflips" thread in the PvP forum. It shows how much data you need if you want anyone to believe you. Record all your starting hands, including mulligans, as well as your draws if you're looking at those, for a couple hundred games, and deck lists for each. Maybe you'll find people to help you, since this is a popular conspiracy theory here. Use database software to keep track of everything, and then present the data. You'll want to do this against the AI, and then do some against real players to see if there's a difference.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

06 July 2018 - 06:39 PM

Poked00M

Novice Trainer

• Poked00M

First, i haven't insult anyone. Second, if you are a systemic player you would have seen what i'm talking about...

Not that come here and post your blablabla coin flip blablabla...

If you read the whole discussion you can see my data report,

I play irl and pulling only lele with deck freeze for 4-5 turn is only happen sometimes (like 2 times from when lele were out), not for 30+ time in a row, YES IN A ROW!!!

I'll not collecting data, I'm not the DEV, I'm a player!!! not a sunday "trainer"...
I would have a reply from a dev instead from all those "trainers" 

Edited by Poked00M, 06 July 2018 - 06:39 PM.

06 July 2018 - 07:02 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

I would have a reply from a dev instead from all those "trainers" 

Maybe it's not ideal, but there are only 2 types of "people" you'll find in the forums.  There's you and I, with other other "trainers."  And then there's the moderators, who may forward verifiable problems to Development, or just "thank you for your thoughts."

From what I read from you, it was 3 days of really good luck, followed by 3 days of really bad luck.  What others are trying to tell you is true.  Nothing can be done unless someone takes the time to eliminate personal "feelings" and "karma" from the problem.  If you're not willing to do that, I understand.  I wouldn't either.

Ultimately, until someone does, it's just grumbling about bad luck.  There's no other way to see it.  Developers can only solve bad code that is verified and replicated.

Edited by RobRatt, 06 July 2018 - 07:08 PM.