Help with building an Aerodactyl deck in Standard

• Please log in to reply

28 June 2018 - 08:44 PM

Grim_Thoughts

Rookie Trainer

• Grim_Thoughts

So recently I've been trying to make a deck with the main focus being Aerodactyl and getting it into play. To do this, I need to play Old Amber Aerodactyl, which puts any Aerodactyl found in the bottom 7 cards of your deck onto your bench. The problem is, in Standard, there is no consistent way to put Aerodactyl at the bottom of your deck, as far as I'm aware of. In Expanded there is Caitlin, but I don't want to be forced to Expanded because of one card. Is there any Standard card that I'm missing that can put cards at the bottom of your deck?

Edited by Grim_Thoughts, 28 June 2018 - 08:45 PM.

28 June 2018 - 11:20 PM

LiteHope

Novice Trainer

• LiteHope

hi

vs glameow, vs cinccino, oranguru, shuckle

idk  sorry i couldnt help more. i havent looked for a prebuilt on it.

alittle luck and alot of aerodactyl?

gl

29 June 2018 - 01:07 AM

Player_Jay

Trainer

• Player_Jay
What you could do is use Ultra Ball to discard the Aerodactyl to your discard pile.
Than you could use the Resources Management Oranguru to help shuffle them to the bottom of your deck.
You could also use Looker + Looker Whistle in the Deck.

Most people use the above strategy in Discard/Mill out decks or Shock Lock decks.
You could try a weird hybrid version.
Start off Discarding Energy.
Than mid way go offensive with Aerodactyl.

I don’t know.
Fruit for Thought.

Edited by Player_Jay, 29 June 2018 - 01:09 AM.

It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

02 July 2018 - 09:52 PM

Grim_Thoughts

Rookie Trainer

• Grim_Thoughts
Forgot to respond earlier, but better late than never I guess. Thanks for the help! :)

03 July 2018 - 12:55 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

You know who's worked a lot on some really solid Aerodactyl builds?  Theotherguytm.  Unfortunately, he hasn't been on here in over six months...

There's no easy way to put things on the bottom.  However, if you run enough Fossil Excavation Kit, you can find the aerodactyl pretty efficiently.  It's also often good to run Talonflame from StS, because it gets you very nice starting draws.  However, as I don't play the deck actively, I couldn't tell you what build is best at the moment.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.