Collecting Pokemon Cards

• Please log in to reply

26 June 2018 - 12:01 PM

gabiruman

Rookie Trainer

• gabiruman

Hello there, I'm fairly new to the card game side of Pokemon, I've collected a few ramdomly in my early years but I kept no record of it.

Yesterday I bought a pack from the Shining Legends series, and I got the urge to restart collecting, but I'm so lost... where does one begin nowadays? 

I know there have been many of these so called expansions, but which ones should I collect first? Which ones are more worthy of collecting? Can you only buy the expansions? Or are there any "regular" packs out there?

Are there any official or even unofficial catalogs for storing collections? 

Too many questions I know, but I really don't have a clue xD

FYI in not really looking to get into the TCG itself, for now I just want to collect the cards.

Thanks in advance

Gabriel

Edited by gabiruman, 26 June 2018 - 12:02 PM.

26 June 2018 - 05:19 PM

The_Archives

Novice Trainer

• The_Archives
Good morrow, gabiruman. I believe that RobRatt has the approximate number of cards that you can collect, it’s pinned in the trading section of the forums.

If you would like a more graphical version of all the cards you can collect, I would suggest you to go to your collection, and check the « show unowned » option. Then, play a little bit with the filters (common only, uncommon only, foil only, etc...) and you should be able to see what you’re looking for.

I would like to warn you that it’s going to be very hard to have a complete collection, as some cards are extremely expensive. Try starting with a small expansion, such as Shining Legends, or a cheap one, such as Emerging Powers. Also, the things that you will redeem can be traded, unlike those that you buy in the shop with coins. Trade what you have wisely.

Good luck finding the droids that you are looking for.

27 June 2018 - 12:46 AM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

Hello there, I'm fairly new to the card game side of Pokemon, I've collected a few ramdomly in my early years but I kept no record of it.

Yesterday I bought a pack from the Shining Legends series, and I got the urge to restart collecting, but I'm so lost... where does one begin nowadays? 

I know there have been many of these so called expansions, but which ones should I collect first? Which ones are more worthy of collecting? Can you only buy the expansions? Or are there any "regular" packs out there?

Are there any official or even unofficial catalogs for storing collections? 

Too many questions I know, but I really don't have a clue xD

FYI in not really looking to get into the TCG itself, for now I just want to collect the cards.

Thanks in advance

Gabriel

Hey there!

Welcome to the forums! The_Archives suggestion on checking out the "show unowned" option in the collection is a great idea. This would allow you to see how many cards are in each expansion, but it will also allow you to see what the cards look like. You may discover that you really like specific expansions and could start your collection progress that way. 

Moderator RedDragon
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

28 June 2018 - 10:08 PM

Mod_Diamond

Novice Trainer

• Mod_Diamond

Hey there, 

Nice to see you getting back into collecting the cards again!  I started doing this myself a while back and what I would do is buy various packs from expansions that looked interesting to me and then kind of go from there. It got to a point where I found an interesting card in one expansion or another and it made me want to collect more of that specific one, might work for you. I know the amount of things to collect can be pretty overwhelming if you're just getting back into it haha!