Guess the number. Name a Pokemon. < #5 Done >

• Please log in to reply

26 June 2018 - 03:08 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Here's your chance to win 10 free booster packs.  We're now on Round 5.

Number 26 guessed correctly.

It's time to switch it up a little.  This game should be easier and faster.

I've got some extra XY-era packs this time.  I know, they're not the latest boosters, but it should be fun.  And if anyone wants to play, the winner will receive 10 random packs.

General Rules for this Game

1. Only one entry/guess, per person, in a 24-hour period.  If there's no winner today, you can try again tomorrow.

2. To keep tricksters from creating fake accounts, you must be a member of the forum prior to July 1st.  Anything after that will be ignored.

Rules for Round 5

1. Guess a number between 1 and 30.  Current guesses (by other players) will be listed in Post #2 below.  Check there to make sure you use a different number.  From time to time, I may throw out hints.

2. Name a Pokémon:  In this game you use the last letters of the previously posted Pokémon to start the next one.  Use multiple letters if possible, but just use the last letter if you get stuck.

For example:

Player 1 names Snorlax  (using the X...)
Player 2 names Xurkitree  (using the TREE...)
Player 3 names Treecko  (using the KO...)
Player 4 names Koffing   (using the G...)
Player 5 names Garchomp

The number determines the winner, but you didn't expect free packs to be quite that easy, did you?  Hope you win.  :)

NOTE:  The number has been selected beforehand.  The winners will be notified immediately when they've guessed it.  Please realize, I'll do my best to keep up, but if it happens while I'm sleeping or offline, your understanding will be appreciated.

Edited by RobRatt, 14 July 2018 - 04:27 AM.

26 June 2018 - 03:11 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt
As of Post # 163, the following guesses have been made for Round 5.  Please check Post 164 and after, to make sure you've guessed a unique number.

Guess a number between 1 and 30Number 26 guessed correctly.

Hints so far...

It's an even number.

Edited by RobRatt, 14 July 2018 - 04:10 AM.

26 June 2018 - 03:14 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Winners:

The winner for Round 1 (for 5 Burning Shadows & 5 Crimson Invasion packs) was Xenonnia, with a guess of 38, and a favorite Card of Tapu Lele GX

The winner for Round 2 (for 5 Generations & 5 Burning Shadows packs) was Player_Jay, with a guess of 80, and his favorite part of PTCGO is "talking with others."

The first winner for Round 3 (for 5 Burning Shadows & 5 Forbidden Light) was MewSevenSeven, with a guess of 77, and at least 4 or  5 "helpful tips" in this thread.

The second winner for Round 3 (for 5 Burning Shadows & 5 Guardians Rising) was Loof6, with a guess of 42, and several "helpful tips" in this round.

The "helpful tip" winner for Round 3 (for a full-art SR Ultra Ball) was T3muj1n7.

The best runner-up for Round 3 (for a RA Tapu Lele GX) was SuperStone.

The winner for Round 4 (for 10 random packs) was T3muj1n7, with a guess of 17.

The winner for Round 5 (for 10 random packs) was FeiFeiFatsss, with a guess of 26.

Thanks for playing.

Edited by RobRatt, 14 July 2018 - 04:20 AM.

26 June 2018 - 06:08 AM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

#7 (insert movie reference to either Akira Kurosawa's The Seven Samurai, David Fincher's Seven, Paul McGuigan's Lucky Number Slevin, or John Sturges's The Magnificent Seven)

#Blastoise (Raindance) – Base Set: Base Set was completely broken with Bill, Oak, Computer Search, Breeder, etc. but the card that arguably broke the game like no other was Blastoise. While every deck could draw every card they wanted at any given time, only Blastoise was able to bypass the “only 1 Energy per turn” rule and was able to leave every opponent in the dust by the second turn.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

26 June 2018 - 06:11 AM

LordKieta

Elite Trainer

• LordKieta

I don't usually participate in giveaways, but I can't stop myself from being a part of something ran by you. 

Number: 27

Card: Double Colorless Energy. 

I do NOT check my messages in-game. If you need to talk to me, message me on the forums. 

Visit Violet City Trading Company, Located in In-Game Item Exchange!!! Trade your packs in for our cards! 

26 June 2018 - 06:31 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Thanks guys.  I changed the first rule to "one guess per person in a 24-hour period."  It dawned on me that restricting it to one entry per round would mean 99+ players might have to enter if everyone was unlucky.

26 June 2018 - 08:08 AM

Igmivrial

Trainer

• Igmivrial

Number, 2

Card, Alolan Exeggutor GX

26 June 2018 - 09:27 AM

Mod_Rowan

• Mod_Rowan

Here's your chance to win 5 free packs...

On his birthday, one of the cooler guys around (wishing to be anonymous) donated some packs, asking for them to be given to the Community.  I've got to say, I like Pokemon in general, and the card game especially, but it's people like him that make all of it worth playing.  Thanks man.

I always thought this community is the best ever. You rock guys! Happy birthday to the awesome anonymous and great wins to all!

Moderator Rowan
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

26 June 2018 - 10:54 AM

Loof6

Senior Trainer

• Loof6

Number, 49

Ultra Ball, everbody need/use Ultra Ball

26 June 2018 - 10:59 AM

GilbertWimple

Novice Trainer

• GilbertWimple

For the number, I'll go with 74

The best card in PTCGO? I'm gonna go with my 1998 Vinyl of Americana - The Offspring. I owe most of the games I've won in PTCGO to that card. 

Edited by GilbertWimple, 26 June 2018 - 11:00 AM.

26 June 2018 - 11:17 AM

IrregularGravy

Junior Trainer

• IrregularGravy

Really great to see the community coming together for these giveaways

Lets go with 34 for the number

and the best card is Tapu Lele GX, obviously. 

26 June 2018 - 03:43 PM

Princess_Aurora

Senior Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
It’s not really in my habit in entering giveaways, but this sounds reeeaaally fun...

1) 66! (Exeggcute order 66) XD

2) Pikachu XY95: Pikachu’s not my favorite Pokemon (yes, blasphemy, I know), but it’s first attack, « Let’s Eat Together », is one of the cutest and most pacific attacks that I have ever seen. Also, the artwork featuring Chespin, Pikachu and Sylveon is incredibly kawaii.

Now that I mention it, does anyone have that card for trade?

Friendship is magic!

26 June 2018 - 05:30 PM

T3muj1n7

Novice Trainer

• T3muj1n7
Let's go with 13, my favourite card has to be FA darkrai ex from DEX, such a dominant card in it's day and the artwork is stunning.

26 June 2018 - 06:48 PM

MewSevenSeven

Senior Trainer

• MewSevenSeven

Number: 54

Card: Magmar from Fossil set. 

Way back when this was the best card to annoy your opponent.  1 fire energy for 10 damage + opponent needs to flip coin to inflict damage next turn. Also, back then most Pokemon cards had less than 60HP so 10 damage per turn did not sound so bad 

26 June 2018 - 06:59 PM

Pajacyk

Rookie Trainer

• Pajacyk

Number: 42
Card: Shaymin EX (ROS). Every single standard deck used to play at least 1 of them. Still sees a little bit of play in expanded.

26 June 2018 - 08:26 PM

graywh

Elite Trainer

• graywh

Number 47

Kieta already said DCE, so I'll add VS Seeker

Forums Rules
  • Stay on Topic
  • Search, then Post
  • Be Constructive
  • Play Nice
  • Be Honest
  • Keep Your Private Life Private
  • Keep Your Links Official
  • Discipline is Private
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

26 June 2018 - 08:55 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

To add more fuel, the prize for Round 1 has been increased from 5 to 10 boosters (5 Burning Shadows & 5 Crimson Invasion).

No winner yet.  Good luck everyone!

26 June 2018 - 09:07 PM

RedGhost_

Rookie Trainer

• RedGhost_

Number : 87

Card - Latias XY promo - it's very pretty and Latias holds a spot in my top 5 favourite pokemon.

Thanks for the promotion - hope someone wins soon :)

Ex astris, Scientia.

26 June 2018 - 09:14 PM

LordKieta

Elite Trainer

• LordKieta

For the number, I'll go with 74

The best card in PTCGO? I'm gonna go with my 1998 Vinyl of Americana - The Offspring. I owe most of the games I've won in PTCGO to that card. 

This is great. One of my favorite Vinyls I own is Black Sails In The Sunset by AFI, which happens to have backup vocals in some songs by Dexter Holland, as well as was produced by Nitro Records. 

EDIT: Sorry Rob, for the irrelevant post. I just got excited by Gilberts favorite card.. err vinyl. 

Edited by LordKieta, 26 June 2018 - 09:24 PM.

I do NOT check my messages in-game. If you need to talk to me, message me on the forums. 

Visit Violet City Trading Company, Located in In-Game Item Exchange!!! Trade your packs in for our cards! 

27 June 2018 - 12:23 AM

Player_Jay

Trainer

• Player_Jay
First Attempt: #60

It is the # to my Favorite Pokémon Gengar from (Breakthrough).

Edited by Player_Jay, 28 June 2018 - 12:10 AM.

It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.