[CARD] Marshadow-GX (BUS #80) - Shadow Hunt copying attack of Active

• Please log in to reply

22 June 2018 - 08:51 PM

SurieI

Rookie Trainer

• SurieI

I was fighting in a tournament when Marshadow-GX, with 5 Psychic Energy attacked my Celesteela-GX with Moon Press eventhough my opponent doesn't have any Celesteela-GX on his discard pile and I don't even have a Celesteela-GX on my discard pile. 

Marshadow-GX's ability:

This Pokémon can use the attacks of any Basic Pokémon in your discard pile. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.) [Source: bulbapedia.bulbagarden[.]net/wiki/Marshadow-GX_(Burning_Shadows_80)]

Is this a bug or something? I lost a tournament because of that Marshadow Moon Pressing me.

22 June 2018 - 09:05 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

I was fighting in a tournament when Marshadow-GX, with 5 Psychic Energy attacked my Celesteela-GX with Moon Press eventhough my opponent doesn't have any Celesteela-GX on his discard pile and I don't even have a Celesteela-GX on my discard pile. 

I hope you copied the Game Log when this was over (saved it as a text file).  If what you say happened, that would definitely be a bug.

I think maybe you missed something though, or there was a translation error with the Attack's name.  Because Marshadow-GX, with 5 Psychic Energy, couldn't have used Celesteela-GX's Attack at all, because it requires at least one Metal Energy.  My guess is that he used something like Necrozma-GX (Moon's Eclipse?) which might have been in his own discard pile.  But to verify and replicate, that Game Log is important, since you probably don't recall his Discard exactly (I know I wouldn't).

Edited by RobRatt, 22 June 2018 - 09:26 PM.

23 June 2018 - 01:14 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

Or it could had copied Mimikyu's Copycat or Clefairy's Metronome to copy your Celesteela's attack. It's not unheard of for Marshadow decks to have a clefairy in their discard, so there's that.

Edited by BowserLuigi, 23 June 2018 - 01:16 PM.

23 June 2018 - 03:03 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello SurieI,

I have modified the title of your thread to be more descriptive.

RobRatt and BowserLuigi, thank you for the helpful replies!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!