[CARD] Durant (NVI #83) - Devour prevented by Effect Preventing Abilities

• Please log in to reply

22 June 2018 - 03:51 PM

GilbertWimple

Novice Trainer

• GilbertWimple

I've been playing a lot of Noble Victories Durant, which for 1 M, discards the top card of your opponents deck for each Durant I have in play. 

I just had a match, where my opponent played BreakPoint Suicune. It's Ability is Wind Charm, which says "As long as this pokemon is your active Pokemon, prevent all effects of attacks, excluding damage, done to your Pokemon. 

When I tried to use Devour while Suicune was active, I couldn't always discard cards. Like, say at some times I had 4 Durant in play, I would use Devour, and it would only discard twice. 

I believe the interaction is that I'm discarding Pokemon from the top of their deck. But I always thought the deck was private knowledge. 

I asked some judge friends of mine, and they told me this is an incorrect interaction, as Wind Charm should only protect Pokemon that are in play, and cards discarded from the deck aren't in play. 

I didn't save a game log, because there was nothing to save. The log just said "GilbertWimple used Devour" every time I attacked. 

25 June 2018 - 06:03 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hi GilbertWimple,

Thank you for your report! It does sound like something is not quite right here, but a game log would be very helpful in determining what exactly is happening. If you run into this issue again, please be sure to save the game log! 

I have edited the title of your thread to match the format used by this subforum.

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!