I just entered my first tournament today.

• Please log in to reply

21 June 2018 - 03:14 PM

Pokegen85

Trainer

• Pokegen85

I have a couple of questions. It was an expanded deck tournament, and I was deep in my first battle. I had just knocked out another one of my opponent's prize cards with a Gale Thrust attack from Scizor-EX. I drew two prize cards (as the Pokemon I knocked out was an EX card). He had two prize cards left, and after my draw I had one prize card left. As soon as I drew, my Xfinity internet connection died. It legit died. :( I'm currently using my iPhone's wifi hotspot to access the internet and log into the game. My question for the users here are twofold.

First, is there any way that I can find out who I was playing against? I'd like to apologize for what happened during my battle with them, and offer a rematch anytime they want to play against me.

Second, I would assume this meant that I forfeited the match. What happens now? Did I win the 50 coins for staying in the bottom tier, or did I lose the tickets that I paid for entry because of being unable to complete the match?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies. I hope everyone here has a wonderful week.

21 June 2018 - 03:26 PM

Pokegen85

Trainer

• Pokegen85

UPDATE: So I just received news from the tournament that it is over. As I suspected, the circumstance resulted in a forfeit.

I've also learned the name of the user that I battled earlier, they are eikeni77. If you frequent the forums here eikeni77, please accept my apology for what happened. I've just sent you a friend request. I hope we can have many fun battles together.

As for the rest of you, I received the tournament results after making this post, and I apologize for not being able to delete it. I look forward to seeing y'all in game. I hope everyone has a fun and exciting week full of Pokemon battles! :)

21 June 2018 - 04:10 PM

Otakutron

Senior Trainer

• Otakutron

Yeah, never fun when your internet connection fails during a tournament.  I haven't been playing in tournaments as much lately, but in the past, you had a few minutes to try and reconnect if something like this happened.  Dunno what happens if you have to switch devices as well as reconnect.  Again, in the past, if you managed to reconnect within (I think) two minutes, the match would just resume.

If you do not have Private Messages enabled, it really limits you in discussing the Pokémon TCG. ;)

22 June 2018 - 06:07 PM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

UPDATE: So I just received news from the tournament that it is over. As I suspected, the circumstance resulted in a forfeit.

I've also learned the name of the user that I battled earlier, they are eikeni77. If you frequent the forums here eikeni77, please accept my apology for what happened. I've just sent you a friend request. I hope we can have many fun battles together.

As for the rest of you, I received the tournament results after making this post, and I apologize for not being able to delete it. I look forward to seeing y'all in game. I hope everyone has a fun and exciting week full of Pokemon battles! :)

Hey there!

I just wanted to pop in and say welcome to the game and the forums! I really enjoy your enthusiasm!  :cool:

Moderator RedDragon
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

22 June 2018 - 08:28 PM

Toklopo

Senior Trainer

• Toklopo

Yep, as Otakutron stated, it is possible to continue the match if you are able to log in again. Opposed to ladder matches, you do not automatically lose the tournament match upon a disconnect, it's just that the timer keeps on ticking so if you're not fast enough you can lose a turn or two which will most likely cost you the game.
If you don't reconnect at all your opponent wins simply by knocking out everything on your board (or by decking you out if that's their win condition) since you're still "in there", you're just not active.

Edited by Toklopo, 22 June 2018 - 08:30 PM.

24 June 2018 - 02:32 AM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Pokegen85,

Welcome! It is very thoughtful of you to offer an apology to your opponent for your connection trouble! It's great seeing our community be awesome to each other!

Good luck in future tournaments!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!