Trendi-Decks

• Please log in to reply

20 June 2018 - 04:18 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

Hey,

I've noticed how, in Versus mode, there are trends in the build of Decks.

About three months or so ago, every other deck seemed to be Buzzwole based. I don't see nearly so many of them now. Then Fairy Decks became quite frequent opponents for awhile. After the Forbidden Light boosters were introduced a lot of players started playing Water, and Alolan Vulpix was extremely popular. Although the anti-GX EX ability is useful, it isn't difficult to get around. Not so many Alolan Vulpix in use now. Water Decks are still pretty popular.

But, what I am seeing presently is a great deal of variety; lots of great card art, and some unusual and inventive tactics. I welcome this new trend! It's great to see all sorts of Pokemon, and it makes things much more entertaining and interesting, rather than facing Decks that were so common they may as well have been Theme Decks.  

Bravo! 

Edited by ZotiMoon, 20 June 2018 - 04:19 PM.

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

21 June 2018 - 07:48 AM

Mod_Vengr

• Mod_Vengr

Hello, ZotiMoon!

I will make sure that your feedback is passed onto our Dev team.

Thank you, it's really appreciated!

Moderator Vengr
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

"I see now that one's birth is irrelevant, it is what you do, that determines who you are" - Mewtwo

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

21 June 2018 - 09:50 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Hello, ZotiMoon!

Do you even read the posts you're "passing on" to the Dev team? ...her analysis from a personal view, of the decks she's played against?

It's a shame. So many good ideas come from players. No wonder the Devs don't listen, and we can't take any of this seriously. Very patronizing.

21 June 2018 - 02:16 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

Hello, ZotiMoon!

Thanks Mod Vengr!! :D 

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

21 June 2018 - 02:20 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

Do you even read the posts you're "passing on" to the Dev team? ...her analysis from a personal view, of the decks she's played against?

It's a shame. So many good ideas come from players. No wonder the Devs don't listen, and we can't take any of this seriously. Very patronizing.

Can you please stop commenting on my posts? If not, I'm gonna consider it harassment. 

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

21 June 2018 - 02:46 PM

EpicShonenGuy

Senior Trainer

• EpicShonenGuy

Can you please stop commenting on my posts? If not, I'm gonna consider it harassment. 

I believe you are confused? He is defending you, the dev just gave the same answer that they always give when someone suggests something but you're just giving your personal thoughts about the variety of decks in standard there's no suggestion there, that's why the dev's comment seemed a bit off and weird that's why most people feel like the devs have a bot that answers for them.

21 June 2018 - 05:21 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

I believe you are confused? He is defending you, the dev just gave the same answer that they always give when someone suggests something but you're just giving your personal thoughts about the variety of decks in standard there's no suggestion there, that's why the dev's comment seemed a bit off and weird that's why most people feel like the devs have a bot that answers for them.

No, he isn't defending me, and I'm not confused. He has recently commented that all my posts annoy him, so I don't know why he wants to read them and comment. 

Mod Vengr was merely thanking me for my feedback. She didn't say anything about 'suggestions.' I think it is nice that the Mods here make an effort to respond in some way to most posts. Maybe the Devs will be interested to here about my in-game experience, and my observations on recent Deck trends? It could happen. 

Edited by ZotiMoon, 21 June 2018 - 05:25 PM.

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

21 June 2018 - 06:07 PM

Mod_Elderberry

• Mod_Elderberry

I think it is nice that the Mods here make an effort to respond in some way to most posts. Maybe the Devs will be interested to here about my in-game experience, and my observations on recent Deck trends? It could happen. 

Thanks for appreciating our efforts. And I agree with Mod_Vengr: thank you for your feedback. Also, I am very glad to hear that you are seeing more variety of builds which I personally think is wonderful!

Thanks again for your feedback.

Moderator Elderberry

21 June 2018 - 06:20 PM

Mod_Elderberry

• Mod_Elderberry

the dev just gave the same answer that they always give when someone suggests something but you're just giving your personal thoughts about the variety of decks in standard there's no suggestion there, that's why the dev's comment seemed a bit off and weird that's why most people feel like the devs have a bot that answers for them.

Moderators attempt to pass your suggestions and feedback onto the development team. An effort is made to preserve your opinions and feedback, rather than playing favorites or endorsing your ideas to an extent that it might unduly influence the development team; moderators generally attempt to be neutral and just report your ideas and feedback - and we want to let you know when we do.

With that said, and as a general reminder to everyone, this thread is about: opinions on "Trendi-Decks" and perceived build variety. Please remember to stay on topic.

Moderator Elderberry

21 June 2018 - 10:39 PM

EpicShonenGuy

Senior Trainer

• EpicShonenGuy

Moderators attempt to pass your suggestions and feedback onto the development team. An effort is made to preserve your opinions and feedback, rather than playing favorites or endorsing your ideas to an extent that it might unduly influence the development team; moderators generally attempt to be neutral and just report your ideas and feedback - and we want to let you know when we do.

With that said, and as a general reminder to everyone, this thread is about: opinions on "Trendi-Decks" and perceived build variety. Please remember to stay on topic.

When i said that i wasn't speaking for myself i'm pretty sure you guys try the very best you can to add the ideas and suggestions to the game sometimes it's just not possible but just the existence of the TCG online is a dream come true in itself and for that i must say thank you.

24 June 2018 - 01:18 AM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

EpicShonenGuy, I am very glad that you enjoy the Pokémon TCG Online so much! To clarify, the moderation team (those of us in green with the Moderator title) are not the developers of the game. The development team is a different time entirely. The moderation team is around to do just that - moderate!

ZotiMoon, thank you for sharing your thoughts on trends! I think in-game trends are definitely something that the development team would pay attention to. 

It will be interesting to see how the trends change when the next expansion is released.

Moderator Jynthu

24 June 2018 - 03:16 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

Thanks for appreciating our efforts. And I agree with Mod_Vengr: thank you for your feedback. Also, I am very glad to hear that you are seeing more variety of builds which I personally think is wonderful!

Thanks again for your feedback.

Thanks Mod Elderberry!

Yes, I agree, it's really fun to be seeing so many different Decks and Pokemon! It would be sad if everyone Had to have the same Deck. There is such a huge variety of cards, Pokemon, and abilities to choose from, and with a little thought they can combine to be very effective; I've faced some inventive Decks recently, and I applaud that! There really isn't the need, especially in casual play, to overly restrict oneself. 

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

24 June 2018 - 03:18 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

When i said that i wasn't speaking for myself i'm pretty sure you guys try the very best you can to add the ideas and suggestions to the game sometimes it's just not possible but just the existence of the TCG online is a dream come true in itself and for that i must say thank you.

I agree with that! Having an online TCG is totally awesome!! 

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

24 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

EpicShonenGuy, I am very glad that you enjoy the Pokémon TCG Online so much! To clarify, the moderation team (those of us in green with the Moderator title) are not the developers of the game. The development team is a different time entirely. The moderation team is around to do just that - moderate!

ZotiMoon, thank you for sharing your thoughts on trends! I think in-game trends are definitely something that the development team would pay attention to. 

It will be interesting to see how the trends change when the next expansion is released.

Thank you, Mod Vengr :D

Well, I found it quite interesting that there does seem to be trends in Decks. I'm glad if I can share observations like that! The trends seem to shift fairly rapidly; at the moment, the Palkia card given in Rewards this month is very popular; and rightly so, since its energy charge attack is pretty good!

Yes! No doubt there will be a few new cards in the next expansion that will be game-changers! 

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

29 June 2018 - 12:17 PM

Sadra

Senior Trainer

• Sadra

No, he isn't defending me, and I'm not confused. He has recently commented that all my posts annoy him, so I don't know why he wants to read them and comment. 

Mod Vengr was merely thanking me for my feedback. She didn't say anything about 'suggestions.' I think it is nice that the Mods here make an effort to respond in some way to most posts. Maybe the Devs will be interested to here about my in-game experience, and my observations on recent Deck trends? It could happen. 

Ignorance is bliss.

29 June 2018 - 05:36 PM

Oldschool1990

Veteran Trainer

• Oldschool1990

Guys, you are taking this mod thing way to serious.

Yes, this forum uses mod bots and the first mod answer on topics is always automaticly generated, so just leave it be.

Ontopic, one particular deck that I often come across is the Guzzlord GX deck. Got like 30 or more basic dark energies, so it sets up turn1 to have 5 energies for the GX attack to take 2 extra prices turn2, pretty strong if it works out.

Specialized on Theme Deck Tournaments.
Latest theme deck analysis here:
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/61913-analysis-of-the-competitive-theme-deck-format-may-2018/ 
Contra principia negantem non est disputandum.

30 June 2018 - 11:49 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

Guys, you are taking this mod thing way to serious.
Yes, this forum uses mod bots and the first mod answer on topics is always automaticly generated, so just leave it be.

Ontopic, one particular deck that I often come across is the Guzzlord GX deck. Got like 30 or more basic dark energies, so it sets up turn1 to have 5 energies for the GX attack to take 2 extra prices turn2, pretty strong if it works out.

For once, you can actually call a deck unskillful. Click the same attacks. Gets destroyed by meta decks 9 times out of 10 (1 is when RNG does unspeakable things)

01 July 2018 - 03:31 AM

Oldschool1990

Veteran Trainer

• Oldschool1990

Well, it's kinda like the Typhlosion deck. Either it goes off in a spectacular manner, or it does nothing. The deck needs to go second so it doesn't get buzzwholed (that's a word now) right away.

Not that it would ever beat my mill deck. :D

Guzma'd his stuff to the bench and activated my ant colony to show him all the good cards he's not going to draw anymore. :P  (which were all energies)

Edited by Oldschool1990, 01 July 2018 - 03:31 AM.

Specialized on Theme Deck Tournaments.
Latest theme deck analysis here:
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/61913-analysis-of-the-competitive-theme-deck-format-may-2018/ 
Contra principia negantem non est disputandum.