Trainer Challenge Rewards

• Please log in to reply

19 June 2018 - 11:35 PM

Olivander

Rookie Trainer

• Olivander

Hi!

I recently got back into the game after a 1 year break. I am by no means experienced and just play for fun! A couple days ago, I was pleasantly surprised when I learned you could now get packs from beating trainers you had 4 starred in Trainer Challenge with a new deck. However, today that feature was removed. 

I would just like to say that I loved this feature, and I would love for it to stay in some form. I understand that some more established players with all the cards would prefer it not to stay, because this system probably deflates card value. To that, I would say that I think the game benefits when cards are more accessible to everyone. If the devs don't want to give out as many as 1 pack per trainer beaten, maybe 1 pack per 2 trainers beaten. Or bring it back as a temporary "special event" similar to "Double-EXP" weekends in some games.

This feature motivated me to log into the game and play everyday. For the first time, I felt motivated to play to get packs to get cards I wanted. I find it tough to play versus against people with just better cards than me that cost 20 or so packs (Tapu Lele, e.g.). Now, I will probably play less as I see less hope to catch up to people with better cards. 

Thanks for a great game! I've had Pokemon cards since I was five or six, but this online game actually taught me how to play the correct way. By removing the barrier of money, I was able to build decks that I have fun playing, that would've taken me years to collect in the real world. The removal of the new trainer challenge rewards would improve that accessibility further, even if it was originally unintended.

Thanks!

20 June 2018 - 04:54 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

It wasn't a feature -- it was a bug.  Too good to be true for long.

• Trainer Challenge no longer awards more than the intended number of booster packs.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/62789-server-update-june-19-2018/]

Edited by RobRatt, 20 June 2018 - 04:58 AM.

20 June 2018 - 07:13 AM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

Welcome back, Olivander! I hope you can continue enjoying the game with the challenges and features it has :)

And thank you, RobRatt, for explaining what happened with the Trainer Challenge.

Moderator Lyam
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

20 June 2018 - 03:30 PM

MkMnek

Rookie Trainer

• MkMnek
I found it really fun with the bug since it motivated me to buy older decks, challenge myself and get rewarded for it.

First of all, theme decks are finite
Second, many theme decks are really underpowered and beating a trainer is a real hard deed

Now I have a bunch of decks that I'll never use. But it would be sweet if this bug was brought back as a feature. Any considerations of bringing it back from the pokemon team?

20 June 2018 - 06:02 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello MkMnek,

Thank you for the suggestion! I've passed it along for further review. 

Moderator Jynthu
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

20 June 2018 - 08:50 PM

VividShine

Rookie Trainer

• VividShine

Is there a cap on how many booster packs you can get in the trainers challenge?

20 June 2018 - 09:15 PM

graywh

Elite Trainer

• graywh

45 plus the number of theme decks you own, minus the free decks.

For 2 weeks, there was a bug that caused the Trainer Challenge to award extra packs for beating a trainer you already have 4 stars on with another deck.

Forums Rules
  • Stay on Topic
  • Search, then Post
  • Be Constructive
  • Play Nice
  • Be Honest
  • Keep Your Private Life Private
  • Keep Your Links Official
  • Discipline is Private
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

20 June 2018 - 09:21 PM

MewSevenSeven

Senior Trainer

• MewSevenSeven

45 plus the number of theme decks you own, minus the free decks.

For 2 weeks, there was a bug that caused the Trainer Challenge to award extra packs for beating a trainer you already have 4 stars on with another deck.

Best bug that ever graced PTCGO and of course they squashed it pretty quickly :(

20 June 2018 - 10:09 PM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

Is there a cap on how many booster packs you can get in the trainers challenge?

Hey there!

I merged your post into this one as it is similar. 

Moderator RedDragon

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!